PDA

View Full Version : What next in college football?s silly season?

Rick Cleveland
12-11-2018, 07:56 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2018/12/11/college-footballs-illy-eason-is-upon-us/

Jack Lambert
12-11-2018, 09:07 PM
Just when I was feeling good about signing day.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2018, 09:10 PM
Rick I have a question for you.

The best high school football players in the State gets recognized.
The best senior college football player in the State gets recognized.

My question is this. Mississippi have the best JUCO football in the country. The Best JUCO football players in the country. So why isn't there a award for the best JUCO football player in the State of Miss? You are the man who can make it happen.

viverlibre
12-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Another question for Rick. Why, in the poorest state in the country, do we pay to support so many JUCO football programs? The few games I've been to have had very little fan attendence. To save money, why don't we just have maybe three JUCO programs, one in the North, Central and South? I don't beleive many other southern states put near as much money into this venture as we do. Our state is broke, we just don't get enough return on the dollar from JUCO football. We need more troopers in the worst way, the major state highways and interestates are pretty much a free for all.

biggun
12-13-2018, 12:43 PM
Love Rick Cleveland, one of the best sports writers ever!

Rick Cleveland
12-13-2018, 02:30 PM
If we only had three jucos, who would they play?

Rick Cleveland
12-13-2018, 02:32 PM
I think that's a great idea... The first thing you need is a sponsor, such as for the C Spire Conerly Award.One strong possible name for the juco award would be to name it after the great Jackie Parker... need a sponsor

fishwater99
12-13-2018, 02:38 PM
If we only had three juices, who would they play?

We have 14 JUCO's with football teams and there are only 65 in the nation, doesn't make sense to me..

http://njcaa.org/sports/fball/teams-page

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-13-2018, 03:18 PM
Wait. OM is paying MacIntyre $1.5M per year??? That's More than Grantham ($1.4M), Tosh Lupoli (1.1M), or Kevin Steel ($1.1M). All 3 of those guys have had top 10 defenses in the last 2 seasons as DCs. MacIntyre hasn't been a DC since 2007 and none of his D's at Colorado were top 20, with the average being like 50. The evidence implies the game has passed him by, yet OM has to pay an unemployed and unproven man top dollar just to accept.

Jack Lambert
12-13-2018, 03:30 PM
Wait. OM is paying MacIntyre $1.5M per year??? That's More than Grantham ($1.4M), Tosh Lupoli (1.1M), or Kevin Steel ($1.1M). All 3 of those guys have had top 10 defenses in the last 2 seasons as DCs. MacIntyre hasn't been a DC since 2007 and none of his D's at Colorado were top 20, with the average being like 50. The evidence implies the game has passed him by, yet OM has to pay an unemployed and unproven man top dollar just to accept.

Ole Miss should hire OJ Simpson to be the Offensive Coordinator. That would make their program complete. They would then have a Sex Offender, Murderer and a Coach who should have been fired for turning a blind eye to an domestic abuse. They are a real classy bunch up there. OJ would fit right in.

Pollodawg
12-13-2018, 04:03 PM
Ole Miss should hire OJ Simpson to be the Offensive Coordinator. That would make their program complete. They would then have a Sex Offender, Murderer and a Coach who should have been fired for turning a blind eye to an domestic abuse. They are a real classy bunch up there. OJ would fit right in.

The fact that they have the lack of self-awareness enough to take shots at Simmons amazes me and speaks volumes about that institution. I’ve never seen a people with less self-awareness in my life.

viverlibre
12-13-2018, 08:47 PM
If we only had three jucos, who would they play?

Rick, thanks for the reply. Looks like they only play 5 or 6 games anyway. Let's have 4-5 teams in the state and play a couple out of state teams. It makes no sense that in the poorest state, with the massive financial problems we have, that we would support so many more JUCO football programs than other states. It appears that most other southern states have no JUCO football programs.

Football programs are very expensive to operate, it doesn't make sense to invest so much taxpayer money that could be better used elsewhere.