Who do they Hire?

Noel Mazzone or Dan Werner?

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Somebody call Mingo and Jackson quick!

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Somebody call Mingo and Jackson quick!

I don't think Jackson qualifies. As for Mingo, I doubt he would move the needle.

I do think there is some justice in this happening before signing day. At least the OM commits are making a decision with the information

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Jackson would sign with OM if they didn't have a HC named.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Jackson would sign with OM if they didn't have a HC named.

LOL

msstate7
12-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Wonder if longo tries to take corral with him.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2018, 02:55 PM
I don't think Jackson qualifies. As for Mingo, I doubt he would move the needle.

I do think there is some justice in this happening before signing day. At least the OM commits are making a decision with the information

Before he got sucked up by Espy's group I would see him in the gym wearing State gear.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 02:59 PM

Hmmm

TrapGame
12-11-2018, 03:11 PM

That would be doing om a favor.

BiscuitEater
12-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Going to unc

ZERO surprise he is being shown the door; AM surprised at the timing. Would have bet the klan would have kept him around for ~ one more week, AFTER first signing day.

'Croots matter!

BulldogDX55
12-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Man, if they hired a recently terminated domestic abuse accessory mediocre retread as their DC, I wonder what kind of winner they'll have on the offensive side of the ball.

Ifyouonlyknew
Dan Werner

Pollodawg
ZERO surprise he is being shown the door; AM surprised at the timing. Would have bet the klan would have kept him around for ~ one more week, AFTER first signing day.

'Croots matter!

This. The timing shocks me.

Leroy Jenkins
12-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Dan Werner is my guess here.

Johnson85
12-11-2018, 03:18 PM

'Croots matter!

They may have been planning on firing him, but I doubt he needed to be shown the door to take the OC job at UNC. I know UNC is not exactly a premier footabll school, but he gets to go play against ACC defenses, be in Chapel Hill, and not have to deal with Ole Miss.

Ari Gold
12-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Dan Werner

Not sure Dan leaves USCe.

Of course the obvious fit is Kendal Briles .. on his quote along in the scandal at Baylor.

“Do you like white women.? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players.”
There has never been a more OM quote than that.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2018, 03:23 PM

Of course the obvious fit is Kendal Briles .. on his quote along in the scandal at Baylor.

“Do you like white women.? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players.”

I have been to Waco many times and the pretty girls are few and in between. Now if you keep driving south on 35 you will run into a lot of pretty girls.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-11-2018, 03:30 PM

Werner is QB coach at Carolina he'd definitely comeback for an OC spot.

Briles deal with FSU is almost done.

msstate7
12-11-2018, 03:30 PM

Good hire by taggart

Mobile Bay
12-11-2018, 03:33 PM

No, please no. Delete this.

starkvegasdawg
12-11-2018, 03:33 PM
They need Jerry Glanville.

Leroy Jenkins
12-11-2018, 03:34 PM

What? Have you seen the grove?

?Do you like white women.? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players.?

Briles has his pick of UT and FSU at the moment.

Cooterpoot
12-11-2018, 04:02 PM
I'd been hearing Werner for awhile. But I'm not sure he comes back to a lame duck coach. Plus, he was basically pushed out the door last time. He has been in the middle of some great cheating in college football.

Ari Gold
12-11-2018, 04:06 PM

Werner has a lot more say in that offense than his title.
Muschamp doesnt want to lose him .
Just saying don’t be surprised if he gets a hearty pay raise and stays.

BeardoMSU
12-11-2018, 04:34 PM
Werner has a lot more say in that offense than his title.
Muschamp doesnt want to lose him .
Just saying don’t be surprised if he gets a hearty pay raise and stays.

Who would you see them going after, then? Best case/worst case?

Pit Bull
12-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Going to unc

Good!....staff instability wears well with them!

Ari Gold
12-11-2018, 04:43 PM
Who would you see them going after, then? Best case/worst case?

I have no idea what the hell goes thru their twisted minds in Oxford. Still laughable they didn’t clean house .

I just know how Muschamp is very high on Werner and want just let him go to OM without a fight

TrapGame
12-11-2018, 04:44 PM
Wasn't Werner kind of a scapegoat for some of the cheating? I'm not sure he'd be ready jump back into that den of vipers.

Todd4State
12-11-2018, 04:50 PM

'Croots matter!

Maybe Longo is making the move now to stick it to them?

Wasn't Werner kind of a scapegoat for some of the cheating? I'm not sure he'd be ready jump back into that den of vipers.

Werner was the coach that had the family hardship which allowed Barney Farrar to recruit...ahem give out bags of cash to recruits. Not sure that he is a scapegoat in that most of their fans seemed to see him as a bad recruiter- which is probably where any ire was drawn to him.

The rumor is Luke wants to run a more conservative run based offense. We'll see what that yields and if it is true or not.

BeardoMSU
12-11-2018, 05:00 PM
I have no idea what the hell goes thru their twisted minds in Oxford. Still laughable they didn’t clean house .

I just know how Muschamp is very high on Werner and want just let him go to OM without a fight
Fair enough, lol.

BrunswickDawg
12-11-2018, 05:00 PM

Werner was the coach that had the family hardship which allowed Barney Farrar to recruit...ahem give out bags of cash to recruits. Not sure that he is a scapegoat in that most of their fans seemed to see him as a bad recruiter- which is probably where any ire was drawn to him.

The rumor is Luke wants to run a more conservative run based offense. We'll see what that yields and if it is true or not.

So let me get this straight. Luke wants to bring in Werner - who is known for his QB tutelage and ran pass heavy offenses at Miami, virtually a fun and gun at OM, and was pretty pass heavy this year at USCe - to run a traditional run heavy smash mouth attack. That sounds about right.

TrapGame
12-11-2018, 05:05 PM

That's right. I remember now.

I've heard that Luke really wants to go back to a 90's run based offense. Talk about resurrecting a dinosaur.

Coursesuper
12-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Luke couldn't run a "run heavy" offense if they held a gun to his head. To do that you have to block them up somewhere and they couldn't block up a sneeze. It will be fun to,see whet retread will take that gig and how much they have to pay him to go to work there for two years tops.

Todd4State
12-11-2018, 05:14 PM
So let me get this straight. Luke wants to bring in Werner - who is known for his QB tutelage and ran pass heavy offenses at Miami, virtually a fun and gun at OM, and was pretty pass heavy this year at USCe - to run a traditional run heavy smash mouth attack. That sounds about right.

Well, we're assuming that Luke wants to bring Werner back. I'm not saying Werner won't happen either- just that it's rumor and speculation at this point.

Johnson85
12-11-2018, 05:34 PM

I have no clue what Luke wants to do, but I don't think there's anyway he gets time to retool an offense. He's got good wide receivers on the roster and a QB with arm talent if nothing else. He's going to sink or swim with what he's got.

Todd4State
12-11-2018, 05:46 PM
I have no clue what Luke wants to do, but I don't think there's anyway he gets time to retool an offense. He's got good wide receivers on the roster and a QB with arm talent if nothing else. He's going to sink or swim with what he's got.

Their WR's next year won't be anything like what they had this year. They have major holes at offensive line too so it may not matter much. And then we'll see if the rumor about Corral following Longo is true or not.

JoseBrown
12-11-2018, 05:56 PM

No, think more the new gig. Move made now to help Mack moreso than hurt anyone...

Spiderman
12-11-2018, 07:16 PM
I'll be curious to see what OM does.

Who do they Hire?

Noel Mazzone or Dan Werner?

One of the 2 would be my bet

Spiderman
12-11-2018, 07:18 PM
Before he got sucked up by Espy's group I would see him in the gym wearing State gear.

Yeah, Espy gonna be a problem in the Metro area.

Spiderman
12-11-2018, 07:19 PM

?Do you like white women.? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players.?

Classic

Spiderman
12-11-2018, 07:22 PM

Werner was a true Power trap Guy at Miami and his 1st go round at OM. His 2nd go round the was more spread but still run heavy, although he was running Freezes offense.

Werner's roots are I pro Power Trap.

Spiderman
12-11-2018, 07:26 PM
I'm glad Longo's gone.

Main reason they had trouble in the Red Zone was that for all his talent, Tamaflu was a *****. Takes mental and physical toughness to get it in down close. If you leave a game because of a pinky, you are a puss.

Air Raid can score every play, I hope OM goes to a more physical style. That take's talent every where

msbulldog
12-11-2018, 07:47 PM

Gun at this present time Mingo would move us from 16th to 14th 247 ranking.

ckDOG
12-11-2018, 08:02 PM
I'm glad Longo's gone.

Main reason they had trouble in the Red Zone was that for all his talent, Tamaflu was a *****. Takes mental and physical toughness to get it in down close. If you leave a game because of a pinky, you are a puss.

Air Raid can score every play, I hope OM goes to a more physical style. That take's talent every where

That plus WRs that apparently spent all their time learning the vertical game. 3 guys running go routes doesn't work with 10 yards of vertical space

Coursesuper
12-11-2018, 08:31 PM
I'm glad Longo's gone.

Yep, and they are severely lacking up front.

BuckyIsAB****
12-11-2018, 09:23 PM
He was going to be fired after signing day anyway.

Im willing to bet recruits knew about it. Mingo and others in his camp didnt like him anyway...FWIW

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-11-2018, 10:35 PM
That plus WRs that apparently spent all their time learning the vertical game. 3 guys running go routes doesn't work with 10 yards of vertical space

What us State fans don't understand is that for AJ to run all those NFL "get open" routes, he needs space to operate. Sure lesser offenses would do things like slants or fades that the QB can time up to score in the red zone, but OM won't dumb down their O to any level beneath a 100% pure NFL system, which of course is based on WRs "doing their own thing" and not having called plays. State fans don't have the football knowledge to understand this fine point

msstate7
12-11-2018, 10:40 PM
What us State fans don't understand is that for AJ to run all those NFL "get open" routes, he needs space to operate. Sure lesser offenses would do things like slants or fades that the QB can time up to score in the red zone, but OM won't dumb down their O to any level beneath a 100% pure NFL system, which of course is based on WRs "doing their own thing" and not having called plays. State fans don't have the football knowledge to understand this fine point

I'm really surprised (and pretty impressed) that 5-0 didn't throw more ints considering he and wr weren't always gonna be on the same page

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-11-2018, 10:44 PM
That's right. I remember now.

I've heard that Luke really wants to go back to a 90's run based offense. Talk about resurrecting a dinosaur.

PLEASE let him. Even if McIntire (sp?) is an average DC (and there's nothing in his resume to say he's a P5 DC, let alone a SEC one) he'll still be workign with 0 talent and will give up lots of yards. A bad D is always kryptonite to a run heavy O, since the run heavy O has to play from ahead to really work.

Plus, the only way OM will score 20+ is by heaving it and praying they make plays. 3 yards and a cloud of dust doesn't work when your OL is bad overall, has never been recruited for or coached on power running, and your RB is mediocre. They can't block well enough to do it. And even if they could wear down a D late and put points up, they won't have time to do that since the atrocious D will give up too many points.

In my opinion, they'd be better off sticking to their video game O. Sure competent D's will embarrass them, but if they can win the OOC games and catch Arky and Vandy's D's unable to stop them then they can go bowling. There's a 1% chance they go bowling if they try to be a run first team

Randolph Dupree
12-11-2018, 10:48 PM
My sources are telling me that OM is set to hire Francis McGriff, Wesley's little brother, who has an offense that scores on all defenses. We're screwed*****��

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-11-2018, 10:50 PM

Espy got problems of his own.

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2018/11/espy-jr-arrested-for-dui.html

What an example he is....

Todd4State
12-11-2018, 11:25 PM
PLEASE let him. Even if McIntire (sp?) is an average DC (and there's nothing in his resume to say he's a P5 DC, let alone a SEC one) he'll still be workign with 0 talent and will give up lots of yards. A bad D is always kryptonite to a run heavy O, since the run heavy O has to play from ahead to really work.

Plus, the only way OM will score 20+ is by heaving it and praying they make plays. 3 yards and a cloud of dust doesn't work when your OL is bad overall, has never been recruited for or coached on power running, and your RB is mediocre. They can't block well enough to do it. And even if they could wear down a D late and put points up, they won't have time to do that since the atrocious D will give up too many points.

In my opinion, they'd be better off sticking to their video game O. Sure competent D's will embarrass them, but if they can win the OOC games and catch Arky and Vandy's D's unable to stop them then they can go bowling. There's a 1% chance they go bowling if they try to be a run first team

I agree. I think their offense gave them a chance to win 6 games by outscoring lesser opponents. At the same time they had two first round caliber WR's as well and that's enough a lot of times to cobble together six wins. They won't have that now so I have a feeling that even if they keep running something similar to what they have been they're likely to still struggle on offense.

Botch
12-12-2018, 07:36 AM
I’ve heard a little about Espy’s “posse” from a couple of Madison friends. Would someone tell me what he is doing? Thanks.

TALL DAWG
12-12-2018, 07:55 AM

Please let us all in on...the rest of the Espy story. Most here have only heard bits and pieces.

Spiderman
12-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Please let us all in on...the rest of the Espy story. Most here have only heard bits and pieces.

No story, he's a big OM guy who works with and trains, some of the top athletes in the area.

He ain't gonna steer any to State, that's for sure.

Some may be too young to remember the Chris Spencer saga in madison county. Mama Espy closed that deal for the Rebs

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Matt Wyatt is suggesting Will Hall as Mississippi OC.

Dawgowar
12-12-2018, 12:42 PM
Saw Mack Brown also picked up Brewster. Surprised Dan didn't try to snag him for UF.

TrapGame
12-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Saw Mack Brown also picked up Brewster. Surprised Dan didn't try to snag him for UF.

I don't think Brewster and Dan got along.