PDA

View Full Version : So, Xancy say the sharks are going to sit at N Dean's front door from 7 AM until..

Coursesuper
12-11-2018, 09:18 AM
midnight today. All this while other coaching staffs are set to have in home visits today. That's how you get a kid to come to school, completely creep on him. Wow, is all I've got on this one.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2018, 09:27 AM
Doesn't Deans brother go to Ole Miss?

Irondawg
12-11-2018, 09:33 AM
If they manage to pull Dean you have to give them kudos no matter what they did to get it done.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-11-2018, 09:39 AM
midnight today. All this while other coaching staffs are set to have in home visits today. That's how you get a kid to come to school, completely creep on him. Wow, is all I've got on this one.

This reminds me of Cam Akers situation. I hope to God they have another announcement party planned.

msstate7
12-11-2018, 09:39 AM
If they manage to pull Dean you have to give them kudos no matter what they did to get it done.

Rather he pick Georgia; but if it happens to be a west school, OM is better than the others... he ain't turning OM into a good defense

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:00 AM
He ain't going to OM.

No defensive player with options is going there right now.

Career suicide.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 10:05 AM
He ain't going to OM.

No defensive player with options is going there right now.

Career suicide.

I agree. Looking at their class, everyone in the world knows they need help on defense and yet you look at their commits and there really aren't any difference makers in their defensive recruits. Maybe they need to look at joining the big12 lol.

Dawgology
12-11-2018, 10:06 AM
I agree. Looking at their class, everyone in the world knows they need help on defense and yet you look at their commits and there really aren't any difference makers in their defensive recruits. Maybe they need to look at joining the big12 lol.

They would be a good Big12 team

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-11-2018, 10:11 AM
They would be a good Big12 team

Yep they would be 3rd or 4th in Big 12 just about every year.

Dawgology
12-11-2018, 10:16 AM
They need Dean. Not because of what he actually provides to the team...let’s face it...he won’t be coached well. No, they need Dean for what they want more than anything else...

To finish above us in recruiting rankings. That’s literally all it’s about.

Cooterpoot
12-11-2018, 10:19 AM
I can honestly say, I don't care where Dean goes.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2018, 10:22 AM
I can honestly say, I don't care where Dean goes.

Dean is a player that OM would've gotten if their was worth a damn.

I think some of these Mississippi kids that are headed out of state are Ole Miss' players that don't want to go there under the current program. Thus, they don't really like MSU. It is what it is

Dawgology
12-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Dean is a player that OM would've gotten if their was worth a damn.

I think some of these Mississippi kids that are headed out of state are Ole Miss' players that don't want to go there under the current program. Thus, they don't really like MSU. It is what it is

Yeah winning in your home state sucks!**

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Yep they would be 3rd or 4th in Big 12 just about every year.

No they would not

Jarius
12-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Dean is not going to Ole Miss. The only recruits going there are wide receivers too stupid to realize they can go catch a bunch of balls against shitty defenses at a multitude of schools.

KOdawg1
12-11-2018, 10:49 AM
I actually think Dean ends up at OM. They'll pull out all the stops bc they know they need him. It won't matter though. One player doesn't make up for the 10 others that suck

msu15
12-11-2018, 10:56 AM
Didn't Freezus try something like that with Robert Elliot? I wasn't on the boards at the time but I remember that recruitment being brought up a lot.

BeardoMSU
12-11-2018, 10:58 AM
I actually think Dean ends up at OM. They'll pull out all the stops bc they know they need him. It won't matter though. One player doesn't make up for the 10 others that suck

...and if they did, oh boy would they hype the shit out of it...they are so predictable.

Dawgology
12-11-2018, 11:00 AM
What's funny if they did pull him out from under Georgia the NCAA would come calling again. Their biggest weakness is they think that MSU turned them in to the NCAA. MSU has done that for years to no avail. Think about the timing of their investigation and how Georgia fits in to that. Then you will see the writing on the wall with Dean.

Ari Gold
12-11-2018, 11:05 AM
Dean is super talented .
Its just as much perception as it is a need for OM to get him. They are starving for a huge PR win in recruiting on a national stage ..
From what I have been told about ND and his mom they don’t play with all the bullshit that goes on in recruiting which sucks for OM
I don’t think he needs up there but the pressure that will put on him and that family by the Cult will be massive

Ari Gold
12-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Didn't Freezus try something like that with Robert Elliot? I wasn't on the boards at the time but I remember being bringing up that recruitment a lot.

Yes and it backfired big time.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-11-2018, 11:59 AM
No they would not

Can't really prove it so I am not arguing about it.

Tbonewannabe
12-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Didn't Freezus try something like that with Robert Elliot? I wasn't on the boards at the time but I remember that recruitment being brought up a lot.

That was either Coach O or Nutt. Croom actually won that recruiting battle which is crazy. Looking back, Croom's staff weren't bad recruiters.

Saltydog
12-11-2018, 12:16 PM
he'll start from day 1 and that he's going to be the center piece of their D.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-11-2018, 12:17 PM
I don?t think anyone from Ole Miss will scare Saban or Smart away....here is my projection...
50 % UGA
40% Bama
5% OM
2% MSU
3% somewhere else.
OM may try on of those Shae Patterson deals, but if kid is smart, he will stay away.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Can't really prove it so I am not arguing about it.

You are right, can’t prove anything, but to assume that the second worst team in the SEC would consistently finish 3rd in a conference with OU,Texas,OSU,West Virginia, And TCU is off the charts SEC bias. They would probably only be better than Kansas and Baylor consistently.

Coursesuper
12-11-2018, 12:58 PM

Yes they did, and it just more proof that they are still reading from the same playbook as before.

Todd4State
12-11-2018, 01:03 PM
This sounds like something that a desperate high school boy would do to get a prom date with a girl.

starkvegasdawg
12-11-2018, 01:17 PM
This sounds like something that a desperate high school boy would do to get a prom date with a girl.

Waiting for Luke to write "Commit?" under a pizza box lid and send it to him. Only after he's had about three slices, of course.

Political Hack
12-11-2018, 01:22 PM
That was either Coach O or Nutt. Croom actually won that recruiting battle which is crazy. Looking back, Croom's staff weren't bad recruiters.

Freeze may have been an assistant then. Can't remember, but you're right that he wasn't the head coach.

DancingRabbit
12-11-2018, 01:27 PM

Yeah, that was when Freeze worked for Orgeron. Not sure if this will work, but this is an excerpt from the book Meat Market.

https://books.google.com/books?id=-ykqBQAAQBAJ&pg=PT335&lpg=PT335&dq=robert+elliott+freeze&source=bl&ots=v9n8bkwtPW&sig=ZO1L-cVURPTKfbeojWnbIj_688c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiz1ub9sZjfAhUNG6wKHZOuDiQQ6AEwA3oECAcQA Q#v=onepage&q=robert%20elliott%20freeze&f=false

msbulldog
12-11-2018, 01:29 PM
he'll start from day 1 and that he's going to be the center piece of their D.

I promise you Salty, ND is a smart kid and he does not want to be the center piece of a POS defense.

thf24
12-11-2018, 01:30 PM
OM may try on of those Shae Patterson deals, but if kid is smart, he will stay away.

Can't do that anymore, unfortunately for them.

TrapGame
12-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Freeze may have been an assistant then. Can't remember, but you're right that he wasn't the head coach.

It was under O, his mentor. I think he had words with one of our coaches (Marvin, Hughes?) outside Elliot's house. He almost got his buck teeth knocked down his throat.

oldjoedawg
12-11-2018, 01:38 PM
Nakobe Dean is one of the brightest and best students anywhere in this recruiting cycle. His family is great and will not play the OM 'games'. Faculty and advisors at HL High say he is the most humble young man one could hope to find. Don't think he will sign with the Sharks. Class of 1958..Horn Lake High

Jarius
12-11-2018, 01:47 PM
Nakobe is not going to Ole Miss and no one who keeps up With recruiting expects him to go there. He is not going to let a group of coaches who he is not going to play for hold him hostage for 24 hours in his own home.

chef dixon
12-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Is Dean properly rated? Is he THAT good?

Activated Alpha
12-11-2018, 02:38 PM
Why can't state get him?

Leroy Jenkins
12-11-2018, 03:48 PM
Is Dean properly rated? Is he THAT good?

Im not a jock-sniffing recruit-o-phile so others are probably more qualified to answer that... But I do have a question, 6'0" 215 does not seem like the typical UGA/Bama linebacker, what am I missing?

dawgs
12-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Im not a jock-sniffing recruit-o-phile so others are probably more qualified to answer that... But I do have a question, 6'0" 215 does not seem like the typical UGA/Bama linebacker, what am I missing?

I'm don't really follow recruiting all that well either, but with that size, if he can run, he'd be like a hybrid LB/SS that. Can stay on the field al 3 downs and help cover the slot. Those kinda guys are extremely valuable in the modern game.

RougeDawg
12-11-2018, 04:40 PM
Yes they did, and it just more proof that they are still reading from the same playbook as before.

To be honest, most 4 year olds can read things written in crayon.