12-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Pendley is my guess

fader2103
12-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Pendley is who I'm saying

Jack Lambert
12-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Pendley is my guess

Looking at his offers he must be really smart.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:10 PM
I had thought we would get 3 commits out of this last weekend. This makes 2 and I'm expecting one more before the weeks out.

RocketDawg
12-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Maybe Joe and the boys really are super recruiters. I don't remember a lot of commits like this when Mullen & Co. were in charge.

Hambone
12-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Commerce, are you thinking flip, or commit?

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Commerce, are you thinking flip, or commit?

I'm saying this one is a commit and the other possible is a flip.

msstate7
12-10-2018, 10:16 PM
Maybe Joe and the boys really are super recruiters. I don't remember a lot of commits like this when Mullen & Co. were in charge.

This staff certainly appears to be the superior recruiters. They are starting to really put together a nice class. Finish strong, joe

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Only the beginning guys! Joe and staff just getting their feet good and wet! New era in MSU recruiting.

Cooterpoot
12-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Bedford probably. Johnson visited him tonight.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:22 PM
Bedford probably. Johnson visited him tonight.

Yeah Bedford would be the flip.

Hambone
I’m sorry, I meant the potential upcoming one later this week.

Cooterpoot
It’s pendley

Hambone
12-10-2018, 10:23 PM
With all of these incoming Oline commits, does this seem like the end for Richardson?

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:24 PM
I’m sorry, I meant the potential upcoming one later this week.

The other possible for this week would be a flip

RocketDawg
12-10-2018, 10:24 PM
Only the beginning guys! Joe and staff just getting their feet good and wet! New era in MSU recruiting.

Isn't it funny how the attitude toward Joe that many held has changed after he won those last two games?

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:25 PM
It’s pendley

That's what I'd heard as well. Pendley and then possibly Bedford soon

Cooterpoot
12-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Bedford is a matter of time. Time will be up next week.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Isn't it funny how the attitude toward Joe that many held has changed after he won those last two games?

Absolutely amazing! Win those last 2, recruiting is booming and the chance to beat a good big 10 team on NYD. Good stuff, brother!

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:27 PM

Yep. I'm expecting it this week.

RocketDawg
12-10-2018, 10:30 PM
Absolutely amazing! Win those last 2, recruiting is booming and the chance to beat a good big 10 team on NYD. Good stuff, brother!

Indeed.

I still don't like a Thanksgiving Day Egg Bowl though, being almost 200 miles away such that it makes a decent family day impossible of I go to the game. Still haven't decided whether to continue season tickets next year because I'm getting too darn old to make the trip. But I say that every year and keep renewing.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Indeed.

I still don't like a Thanksgiving Day Egg Bowl though, being almost 200 miles away such that it makes a decent family day impossible of I go to the game. Still haven't decided whether to continue season tickets next year because I'm getting too darn old to make the trip. But I say that every year and keep renewing.

We in exactly the same boat!

Percho
12-10-2018, 10:34 PM
Indeed.

Me too, also.

Bark
12-10-2018, 10:38 PM
It’s pendley

I like Pendley a lot. Appears to have that David Stewart/Dillon Day mean streak...we need a line full of those guys. Pendley finishes every block.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2674455/Nicholas-Pendley

RocketDawg
12-10-2018, 10:41 PM

Me too, also.

Yeah, honestly I don't care about the money. It costs me over $1K game weekend, considering seat fee, tickets, and hotel (and that's just one night in Columbus), but I don't care ... you can't take it with you. It's the exhausting trip that gets me, and the traffic snarls leaving the games. Where I park, it's almost impossible to head east on Hwy 82 because they won't let you go that way. I wound up in Artesia one night. :)

Johnson85
12-10-2018, 10:42 PM

Who is Bedford and who is he committed to? Not sure if this is a senior moment but I don't recall seeing his name before now.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Who is Bedford and who is he committed to? Not sure if this is a senior moment but I don't recall seeing his name before now.

Matthew Bedford 3 star from Tennessee committed to Indiana.

RocketDawg
12-10-2018, 10:46 PM
I like Pendley a lot. Appears to have that David Stewart/Dillon Day mean streak...we need a line full of those guys. Pendley finishes every block.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2674455/Nicholas-Pendley

He looks like a good one. If I'm not mistaken, Canton is north of Atlanta, south of Adairsville off I-75.

If he's David Stewart good, he'll be something else. I met him in Shreveport at the Snow Bowl when he was a freshman ... biggest human being I'd ever seen. Gentle giant off the field, but wouldn't want to be on the opposing team on the field.

Jack Lambert
12-10-2018, 10:47 PM

I live in Brandon and go. I went to Oxford this past egg bowl. I just turned 54 Sunday but I have a 14 year old who goes with me. I have season tickets and go to one road game every season. I am planning on going to the Bowl game.

RocketDawg
12-10-2018, 10:53 PM
I live in Brandon and go. I went to Oxford this past egg bowl. I just turned 54 Sunday but I have a 14 year old who goes with me. I have season tickets and go to one road game every season. I am planning on going to the Bowl game.

If I was only 54 I'd do the same thing. :)

Jack Lambert
12-10-2018, 11:36 PM
If I was only 54 I'd do the same thing. :)

Hell I'd give you a ride.

Todd4State
12-10-2018, 11:48 PM
This staff certainly appears to be the superior recruiters. They are starting to really put together a nice class. Finish strong, joe

Dan and Hevesy didn't exactly set the bar high- but I am still pleased nonetheless. I saw something on Twitter about how MSU has as many four star players committed as Florida. I have seen Florida fans complaining about their recruiting though- and it's what I think will ultimately undo Dan at Florida.

It is! And the thing is this is the class that Joe is "learning" the ropes in Mississippi. Meaning that we will likely improve beyond this year going forward. Last night I was thinking that by 2021 we will be starting almost all four stars potentially at every position except for just a couple. Even a year ago that was unheard of at MSU.

One thing that is surprising to me is it seems like we as fans overestimated the effect of "The Network" while actually underestimating the effect of Dan's bad recruiting on offense.

With all of these incoming Oline commits, does this seem like the end for Richardson?

I'm not expecting him to be in the class.

As I've said- we win the Outback Bowl and we will have a season on par with 2010 basically. To me, that was Dan's best season IMO and probably second best in the opinion of most to 2014. And as far as the six game adjustment period for Joe's offense- it seems like it held true because our offense picked up after LSU which was Nick's sixth game running it. Joe has already set a MSU record for wins by a coach in year one tied by Allyn McKeen.

Dawg61
12-10-2018, 11:49 PM

Funny isn't the word I'd use**

Pollodawg
12-11-2018, 12:02 AM
These are the kinds of classes that can jump up every two or three seasons and give you that 10-11 win season. These are classes that can take you to another level. Mo’head doing work.

Dawgcap
12-11-2018, 12:20 AM
Mullen did his job so he could move on. I don’t think he recruited to the future because his future was somewhere else. Will Moorhead be that way? I don’t think so but I hope and pray that if this is a stepping stone for him he still respects us enough to leave us better than when he got here. Now I understand that Mullen did but he also left a recruiting gap that may cost us. I respected him but I also saw a staff that quit on a school that believed in him more than he did us. For that I say screw him. Will Moorhead do the same? I hope not because if he moves on to better things I hope he has enough class to respect what we did for him.

Todd4State
12-11-2018, 12:22 AM
These are the kinds of classes that can jump up every two or three seasons and give you that 10-11 win season. These are classes that can take you to another level. Mo’head doing work.

You are exactly right. Part of the reason we struggled this year on offense was because of our recruiting issues in years past on the offensive line and at WR. It's hard to win in the SEC when you have to start sophomores who were three star players. We recruit and develop well enough to consistently beat the Group of six schools and SEC teams that are down or in transition. But we don't recruit well enough to beat the top 15 SEC teams with any consistency whatsoever- and the past two years have been blown out by them more often than not. Recruiting better players is the only way to fix that and go from 8-9 win to 10 wins or more.

Dawgcap
12-11-2018, 12:23 AM
And I turned 55 on Dec5. Road trips to New Orleans and Knoxville if someone needs a ride!!

Todd4State
12-11-2018, 12:29 AM
Mullen did his job so he could move on. I don’t think he recruited to the future because his future was somewhere else. Will Moorhead be that way? I don’t think so but I hope and pray that if this is a stepping stone for him he still respects us enough to leave us better than when he got here. Now I understand that Mullen did but he also left a recruiting gap that may cost us. I respected him but I also saw a staff that quit on a school that believed in him more than he did us. For that I say screw him. Will Moorhead do the same? I hope not because if he moves on to better things I hope he has enough class to respect what we did for him.

Dan was never a strong recruiter- the Army AA debacle occurred during his second year here when he was probably the happiest he had ever been here in his career- and still isn't at Florida where he is happy right now. I think we suffered from the recruiting gap this year more than any- the 2016 class had a lot of misses outside of Jeffrey Simmons. Including players that would have made a huge difference for us this year at WR and OL. That class was probably compounded by Dan not really wanting to be here, Ole Miss winning the Sugar Bowl, and Dan not getting an extension after 2015.

Most coaches don't operate that way based on what I have observed at a distance though. I think part of it was Scott Stricklin's fault for not calling Dan out on it- and that's something that didn't really happen until Cohen became the AD and forced Dan to show his cards early by offering him an extension earlier in the season followed up by Dan refusing it.

Todd4State
12-11-2018, 12:31 AM
And I turned 55 on Dec5. Road trips to New Orleans and Knoxville if someone needs a ride!!

2019 is one of our better schedules. Road games in Fayetteville, A&M, and Knoxville and a neutral site game in NOLA. USM should be a well attended OOC game and then we have LSU, Bama, and the Egg Bowl. Kentucky could be better attended than usual because of what happened this year too.

Jarius
12-11-2018, 12:33 AM
Todd, the biggest reason our offense improved at the end of the year was the defensive competition we faced. Our offense looked virtually the same all year against average to below average defenses and virtually the same against really good defenses. I think it’s personnel more than anything. We need OL that can pass block, a qb that can make quicker reads against good defenses, and receivers who can get open and catch the ball. I’m not sure we are going to have any of that next year. We are, however, playing Kentucky at home and playing Tennessee instead of Florida so I think we will end up with the same record we had this year. A&M and Auburn will be the key swing games.

Dawgcap
12-11-2018, 12:37 AM
While I agree I also disagree because He could recruit in my mind but when he checked out he checked out his arrogance will cost him at Florida just like it cost us. His recruiting is based on a short term plan that benefits him. Don’t be shocked when he leaves Florida for his personal gains. He’s all about himself. By the way I respect and enjoy your post. I think we probably agree more than can be explained in a message like this and others we discussed in the past

Dawgcap
12-11-2018, 12:59 AM
Todd, the biggest reason our offense improved at the end of the year was the defensive competition we faced. Our offense looked virtually the same all year against average to below average defenses and virtually the same against really good defenses. I think it’s personnel more than anything. We need OL that can pass block, a qb that can make quicker reads against good defenses, and receivers who can get open and catch the ball. I’m not sure we are going to have any of that next year. We are, however, playing Kentucky at home and playing Tennessee instead of Florida so I think we will end up with the same record we had this year. A&M and Auburn will be the key swing games.

My question is where do you think we finish if Mullen stays? I’ll give you the high end of wins but I will say that the old staff quits recruiting because they are on the train out of town. Say we win 10 what does our roster look like after. I sacrifice a couple wins this year for a future. I may be wrong and have argued this same scenario with friends but I love where we are headed in the future cause Mullen would ruin our future worrying about himself

99jc
12-11-2018, 04:39 AM
My question is where do you think we finish if Mullen stays? I?ll give you the high end of wins but I will say that the old staff quits recruiting because they are on the train out of town. Say we win 10 what does our roster look like after. I sacrifice a couple wins this year for a future. I may be wrong and have argued this same scenario with friends but I love where we are headed in the future cause Mullen would ruin our future worrying about himself

It's amazing some people have short memories on how bad hardhead offense was that cost us a shot at the SEC. you had better let next season play out before you finish your reach around on Jo and anoint him as the next coming of Saban. I'm just not sold on him yet.

Cooterpoot
12-11-2018, 05:06 AM
Somebody needs to ban this damn fool^.

msstate7
12-11-2018, 07:32 AM
My question is where do you think we finish if Mullen stays? I’ll give you the high end of wins but I will say that the old staff quits recruiting because they are on the train out of town. Say we win 10 what does our roster look like after. I sacrifice a couple wins this year for a future. I may be wrong and have argued this same scenario with friends but I love where we are headed in the future cause Mullen would ruin our future worrying about himself

What in the world do you base Mullen would ruin our future on? Jeez... some of you have squeezed your nuts so hard on Mullen it's shrunk your brain. Joe is looking better and better every day... we appear to be in capable hands. Mullen did a great job here... let em go.

gravedigger
12-11-2018, 08:31 AM
It's amazing some people have short memories on how bad hardhead offense was that cost us a shot at the SEC. you had better let next season play out before you finish your reach around on Jo and anoint him as the next coming of Saban. I'm just not sold on him yet.

Well that's rich. You saying someone else should let a season play out. Where was this advice for yourself when you were making an ass of yourself this season on this message board?

BrunswickDawg
12-11-2018, 08:36 AM
He looks like a good one. If I'm not mistaken, Canton is north of Atlanta, south of Adairsville off I-75.

If he's David Stewart good, he'll be something else. I met him in Shreveport at the Snow Bowl when he was a freshman ... biggest human being I'd ever seen. Gentle giant off the field, but wouldn't want to be on the opposing team on the field.

Close - Canton is up I-575. It is about half-way between Cartersville on I-75 and Cumming on GA 400. Used to be the sticks until 575 was finished up to Ellijay, now it is suburbia with a splash of chicken farm.
I have 3 friends who teach at Creekview, and the school is near my Mom's family old homestead. I hear he's a good kid. Smart. That program took a step up this season and won their first region title in school history. Lost in the State Quarterfinals in their deepest playoff run ever.

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 08:54 AM
What in the world do you base Mullen would ruin our future on? Jeez... some of you have squeezed your nuts so hard on Mullen it's shrunk your brain. Joe is looking better and better every day... we appear to be in capable hands. Mullen did a great job here... let em go.

I second that.....and I'll add Mullen is going to be fine at Florida. At the end of the day he will also land an excellent recruiting class, let it go.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2018, 09:10 AM
I second that.....and I'll add Mullen is going to be fine at Florida. At the end of the day he will also land an excellent recruiting class, let it go.

As long as he is at Florida he will never finish out side the top 25 in recruiting. Florida makes up for his lazy recruiting. However their fans will not be happy if he continually lands out side the top 10 year end and year out in recruiting and if he doesn't win the SEC with in four more years he is gone. I don't care how many NY6 bowl games he goes to., I also don't see them beating GA. GA is loaded this year and they have almost everyone coming back and they are loading again with talent this recruiting season. I know Kirby makes bone head decisions in games but Mullen does too.

Doggie_Style
12-11-2018, 09:12 AM
As long as he is at Florida he will never finish out side the top 25 in recruiting. Florida makes up for his lazy recruiting. However their fans will not be happy if he continually lands out side the top 10 year end and year out in recruiting and if he doesn't win the SEC with in four more years he is gone.

So your saying the Florida faithful expect 'Championship Standard' ?

Jack Lambert
12-11-2018, 09:14 AM
So your saying the Florida faithful expect 'Championship Standard' ?

And they are not going to get it with Mullen. They will not beat their in conference rivals.

Johnson85
12-11-2018, 01:45 PM

I think Mullen will be fine if they let him. He'll basically do what he did at state, and if he doesn't drop off in intensity too badly (or just hires some assistants who are great recruiters), he'll eventually (and probably within 5 years if not 3) have enough talent that he is the most talented team in the east and make it to Atlanta.

My only question is whether Florida fans and administration have really learned anything. I didn't think either of their last two hires were great, but they were still good enough to make it to Atlanta (granted in a weak east). If Mullen gets them and keeps them at second in the West for a few years behind Kirby, I'm just not sure they think that's any different than what the last two guys got fired for (even though it really will be).

Jack Lambert
12-11-2018, 03:13 PM
Looks like Moorhead was at NW High school today. That's what I heard.