PDA

View Full Version : KSU

BrunswickDawg
12-10-2018, 07:26 PM
This could change the completion of the KSU game next year. Glad it's at home.

https://twitter.com/danwolken/status/1072280949025583110?s=21

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 07:49 PM
I've watched North Dakota State play for the last 10 years with Bohl and then Klieman. They are the bama of fcs accept maybe more dominant than bama lol.. Klieman is a great coach. His teams are well coached, disciplined, don't make mistakes and are extremely physical and tough. That game just got tougher for us and glad it's at home.

Coursesuper
12-10-2018, 07:58 PM
I've watched North Dakota State play for the last 10 years with Bohl and then Klieman. They are the bama of fcs accept maybe more dominant than bama lol.. Klieman is a great coach. His teams are well coached, disciplined, don't make mistakes and are extremely physical and tough. That game just got tougher for us and glad it's at home.

They are all you say for sure but the also have way more talent than the other teams I've seen them play. It's an embarrassing talent gap in some games and I've only seen them in the playoffs.

msstate7
12-10-2018, 08:00 PM
Shouldn't make much of a difference playing them early next season. I like the hire though

TrapGame
12-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Good hire. Glad it's at home in his first year. He could very well make K State a perennial top 25 team.

was21
12-10-2018, 08:07 PM
This could change the completion of the KSU game next year. Glad it's at home.

https://twitter.com/danwolken/status/1072280949025583110?s=21

Knowing you meant complexion and agree. He will be all out to make a splash.

Pit Bull
12-10-2018, 08:15 PM

Thanks....was wondering why this hire would not allow us to complete the game next year. I did notice that NDSU has a few southern players on it's roster, with a couple of their really good skill players from Florida. At first, I couldn't imagine a Florida player wanting to play in that type weather, but then I realized they have an indoor stadium.....so maybe it's not too bad. Everybody up in that part of the country should have indoor stadiums, IMO.

BrunswickDawg
12-10-2018, 08:28 PM

Thanks....was wondering why this hire would not allow us to complete the game next year. I did notice that NDSU has a few southern players on it's roster, with a couple of their really good skill players from Florida. At first, I couldn't imagine a Florida player wanting to play in that type weather, but then I realized they have an indoor stadium.....so maybe it's not too bad. Everybody up in that part of the country should have indoor stadiums, IMO.

Damn autocorrect. Yeah, complexion not completion. Although, Fitz only completed 41% of his passes against KSU - so, maybe I was channeling rants from earlier this season. Lol!

Lord McBuckethead
12-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Yeah but their previous coach had all those same characteristics. Right? The new dude may have a better system though.

Recreationalgynecologist
12-10-2018, 08:48 PM
They are all you say for sure but the also have way more talent than the other teams I've seen them play. It's an embarrassing talent gap in some games and I've only seen them in the playoffs.

There’s a lot of unknown, diamond in the rough FCS talent in the Dakotas, northern MN, Twin Cities, Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin, which is where NDSU recruits almost exclusively. I’m pretty sure the Goohers could have used a few of those guys from their geographical recruiting footprint over the years. A lot of big, nasty kids up that way. Great developmental program too

https://gobison.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 08:51 PM

True but they've built it into a machine much like Saban. I like watching them because of how well coached and disciplined they are.

was21
12-10-2018, 08:57 PM
Lot of those boys are tough as nails in that part of the country

Recreationalgynecologist
12-10-2018, 09:19 PM
Some Deliverance types up that way

https://gobison.com/images/2018/8/16/Cody_Mauch_2018_NDSU_FB_Headshot_Crop.jpg.ashx?pre set=medium.rosterdetailimage

https://gobison.com/images/2018/8/16/Cordell_Volson_2018_NDSU_FB_Headshot_Crop.jpg.ashx ?preset=medium.rosterdetailimage

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 09:26 PM

https://gobison.com/images/2018/8/16/Cody_Mauch_2018_NDSU_FB_Headshot_Crop.jpg.ashx?pre set=medium.rosterdetailimage

https://gobison.com/images/2018/8/16/Cordell_Volson_2018_NDSU_FB_Headshot_Crop.jpg.ashx ?preset=medium.rosterdetailimage

NDSU has beat your Iowa state brothers a couple times in the last 5-6 years.

MedDawg
12-10-2018, 10:01 PM
NDSU has beat your Iowa state brothers a couple times in the last 5-6 years.

One of those was against #13 Iowa in 2016.

My Dad went to NDSU so I follow them and record/watch their games when they are on.

They have a 9-3 record against FBS teams, and are currently on a 6-game win streak. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_State_Bison_football#Record_against_F BS_competition

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 10:04 PM

My Dad went to NDSU so I follow them and record/watch their games when they are on.

They have a 9-3 record against FBS teams, currently on 6 straight win streak. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_State_Bison_football#Record_against_F BS_competition

I had forgotten one of those was Iowa! They're fun to watch. I watch em every week and have for about ten years now. Watching the fcs is enjoyable to me. Love of the game kinda players.

RocketDawg
12-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Shouldn't make much of a difference playing them early next season. I like the hire though

Correct. For example, Frost has had a rough first year at Nebraska, but he'll get things together soon. Should be the same way at KSU. I was sorta hoping that we'd go after the ND State guy at some point back when we were looking but I suppose we never did.

RocketDawg
12-10-2018, 10:14 PM

They have a 9-3 record against FBS teams, and are currently on a 6-game win streak. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_State_Bison_football#Record_against_F BS_competition

Doesn't NDSU play in a little domed stadium? I guess it's so darn cold there they have to be indoors.

RocketDawg
12-10-2018, 10:17 PM

Dang, that's pretty bad.

As an aside ... have you seen the uniforms the Seahawks are trying to distract the Vikings with tonight? They're worse than Oregon ever thought about doing. Couldn't believe it when I first flipped the telly on ... it was painful.

Recreationalgynecologist
12-10-2018, 10:19 PM
Those uniforms almost gave me a seizure

Recreationalgynecologist
12-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Doesn't NDSU play in a little domed stadium? I guess it's so darn cold there they have to be indoors.

It’s currently 18 degrees in Fargo

RocketDawg
12-10-2018, 10:26 PM
It’s currently 18 degrees in Fargo

It's 32.3 in my side yard with freezing fog overnight. They're having a heat wave in Fargo. :)

Todd4State
12-11-2018, 12:42 AM

They are awesome. And they run a pro style type scheme too- which makes it even more impressive to me. I'd like to see Delta State make the jump up to FCS from D-II. It would be a lot of fun if they got really good in football like NDSU.

There?s a lot of unknown, diamond in the rough FCS talent in the Dakotas, northern MN, Twin Cities, Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin, which is where NDSU recruits almost exclusively. I?m pretty sure the Goohers could have used a few of those guys from their geographical recruiting footprint over the years. A lot of big, nasty kids up that way. Great developmental program too

https://gobison.com/roster.aspx?path=football

If he can tap into that recruiting area he could take K-State to the next level.

Bohl hasn't been able to replicate the success he had at NDSU at Wyoming. We'll see if Kleiman is their Dan Hawkins or Chris Peterson. I'm curious to see if he goes to more of what NDSU runs or keeps the spread to run system that K-State has traditionally run for years now. Could be some adjustments for them and because of that I still think we win in Starkville. But it won't be as easy.

bulldawg28
12-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Not worried about him or KSU.

Recreationalgynecologist
12-11-2018, 07:00 PM
Bohl went up to FBS and into an area with even less access to talent.

BuckyIsAB****
12-11-2018, 09:27 PM
He wont be able to get in the two tight I and shove it down peoples throats like he has at NDSU.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2018, 09:45 PM
He wont be able to get in the two tight I and shove it down peoples throats like he has at NDSU.

I bet he can in the big12 with all those lightweight defenses. Those defenses in big12 are built to(kinda) stop spread/air raid teams, they're small. I bet a power team could win big in that conference. The guy can coach.

BuckyIsAB****
12-11-2018, 11:42 PM
I bet he can in the big12 with all those lightweight defenses. Those defenses in big12 are built to(kinda) stop spread/air raid teams, they're small. I bet a power team could win big in that conference. The guy can coach.

Fair. He could but he still wont have the talent advantage he has had. He wont do that to us I can promise you.

He is a good fit for them though.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2018, 01:54 AM
Fair. He could but he still wont have the talent advantage he has had. He wont do that to us I can promise you.

He is a good fit for them though.

Oh yeah I agree they won't hang with us. I meant he would do well in the big12.

Recreationalgynecologist
12-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Oh yeah I agree they won't hang with us. I meant he would do well in the big12.

I don't think you'll see a huge change in '19 from his KSU team but if you give him time to get his system installed and recruit the players he wants, you're probably looking at a very well-coach, fundamentally sound developmental type of team. If he's smart, he'll find a way to corral the best players from the KS JUCO system as well since there's not a large population base in KS. When they're playing well though, they seem to recruit TX and KC (Missouri) well and probably will out-recruit KU for the better players in the region. They beat us in 2016 because they had a much better game plan than we did and we were a very young team. Should have won that game, but we found a way to lose it, like a couple games this year as well. Many of the guys that played in that game are will be playing in the Outback Bowl too. I've never left a game more angry about our game plan and execution than I did that one, but was still impressed by how NDSU approached the game. Our staff must have been too, since Kirk hired away their OC to be the OL coach.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2018, 10:24 PM
I don't think you'll see a huge change in '19 from his KSU team but if you give him time to get his system installed and recruit the players he wants, you're probably looking at a very well-coach, fundamentally sound developmental type of team. If he's smart, he'll find a way to corral the best players from the KS JUCO system as well since there's not a large population base in KS. When they're playing well though, they seem to recruit TX and KC (Missouri) well and probably will out-recruit KU for the better players in the region. They beat us in 2016 because they had a much better game plan than we did and we were a very young team. Should have won that game, but we found a way to lose it, like a couple games this year as well. Many of the guys that played in that game are will be playing in the Outback Bowl too. I've never left a game more angry about our game plan and execution than I did that one, but was still impressed by how NDSU approached the game. Our staff must have been too, since Kirk hired away their OC to be the OL coach.

I'm a big Klieman fan. Watched them for years. Great coach and I think he'll be very successful there!

West Tn Dawg
12-12-2018, 10:46 PM

Yes, The Fargo Dome. Seats a maximum 19k.

Recreationalgynecologist
12-13-2018, 12:17 AM
Yes, The Fargo Dome. Seats a maximum 19k.

All of those regional Dakota schools have nice facilities given their size and fan base. North Dakota further up in Grand Forks has excellent facilities and a world class hockey arena.
https://fightinghawks.com/sports/2018/6/7/7361620.aspx

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2018, 08:59 AM

KSU was only 12 overall points from 8-4. I think a new staff and energy could make a big difference for them without even making major changes. I don't think they beat us - but I think they give us a better game than last year.

Cooterpoot
12-13-2018, 09:40 AM
KSU isn't going to all of a sudden get better. It's still very hard to recruit there. I don't see much changing there.