PDA

View Full Version : Men's BBall

BigEasyDawg
12-10-2018, 05:57 PM
We are ranked #17 in the Coaches, Kentucky is #18.

I wonder when was the last time that we were ranked ahead of UK.

I also wished Cinci could have squeezed into the top 25 this week so It would be a ranked match up

BrunswickDawg
12-10-2018, 06:16 PM

I also wished Cinci could have squeezed into the top 25 this week so It would be a ranked match up
Saw a tweet - March 25,2004. Road Dawgs were #4, UK #8.

RocketDawg
12-10-2018, 11:03 PM

We're going to be in Starkville Friday for my niece's graduation, and I thought about sticking around for the game, particularly if if was in the afternoon. But I found out we have a Christmas party to go to back here Saturday night, so the game option is out the window. :)

Dawg61
12-10-2018, 11:35 PM
I watched the Kentucky vs Seton Hall matchup. Don't be fooled by Seton Hall beating them in OT. Seton Hall played lights out and needed two miracle 3's to beat Kentucky. UK will still be very formidable this year. I have them as the 3rd best team in the SEC. I have us as 4th. Tennessee and Auburn are head & shoulders above everyone else. Don't get your hopes up beating either of them once even with us playing Auburn twice. We have to feast on everyone else not named Tennessee, Auburn or Kentucky to finish 4th this year. 4th is good though, it'll get us a bye in Nashville and somewhere around a 7th/8th seed in the tourney.

smootness
12-11-2018, 08:44 AM
I watched the Kentucky vs Seton Hall matchup. Don't be fooled by Seton Hall beating them in OT. Seton Hall played lights out and needed two miracle 3's to beat Kentucky. UK will still be very formidable this year. I have them as the 3rd best team in the SEC. I have us as 4th. Tennessee and Auburn are head & shoulders above everyone else. Don't get your hopes up beating either of them once even with us playing Auburn twice. We have to feast on everyone else not named Tennessee, Auburn or Kentucky to finish 4th this year. 4th is good though, it'll get us a bye in Nashville and somewhere around a 7th/8th seed in the tourney.

I'll go on record to say that out of the 3 games we play against UT/Auburn, we win at least 1. SEC play is a different animal. They're good teams, but they're not even close to unbeatable.

Dawg2003
12-11-2018, 09:11 AM
I can't see us beating TN. No way our bigs can bang around with theirs. We are also undisciplined at times. TN is such a well oiled machine.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-11-2018, 10:08 AM
I can't see us beating TN. No way our bigs can bang around with theirs. We are also undisciplined at times. TN is such a well oiled machine.

They beat us by 3 in the SEC Tourney. It will be a close game and we may win.

thf24
12-11-2018, 10:28 AM

I think we'll be able to defend TN better than last year due to adding Perry and Ado being a year more experienced, but to go toe-to-toe with teams like them and UK, we've got to find a consistent scoring threat in the post. Without that we'll have to have more 60% 3-point nights.

msstate7
12-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Tix $5 on hailstate.com for Cincinnati game. Perfect game to take the whole family

smootness
12-11-2018, 01:00 PM

They lost to Arkansas, Missouri, Georgia, and Alabama (by 28), and barely beat South Carolina, Vandy, and Ole Miss last year. It's SEC play, it's just different. They may beat us by 20, or we may win by 8-10.