PDA

View Full Version : OM signing class

Rick Danko
12-10-2018, 04:36 PM
I know, I know, another OM thread. But I?m lost as hell on something. Listening to David Johnson on Out of Bounds talking. He says OM will sign 32 players this year to get them back up to the 85 roster cap. How is this possible, when the hard cap was set at 25

somebodyshotmypaw
12-10-2018, 05:01 PM
I know many don't like this site, but this article explains the 25 rule pretty well

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/1/31/14348104/college-football-recruiting-class-limits-national-signing-day

Doggie_Style
12-10-2018, 05:02 PM
I think they can still count early enrolled players 'back' to the previous year's class if they did not sign 25 in that class

Jack Lambert
12-10-2018, 05:19 PM
I think they can still count early enrolled players 'back' to the previous year's class if they did not sign 25 in that class

Would that class be limited anyways from the sanctions? I thought that's why they only sign 21.

msudawglb
12-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Would that class be limited anyways from the sanctions? I thought that's why they only sign 21.

Agreed. That wouldn't make sense to "penalize" a team by reducing scholarships and then let them sign over the next year counting the prior's year shortage due to penalty.

Doggie_Style
12-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Agreed. That wouldn't make sense to "penalize" a team by reducing scholarships and then let them sign over the next year counting the prior's year shortage due to penalty.

True .....I wonder if they are able to sign extra to account for the early transfers.....no idea

confucius say
12-10-2018, 05:41 PM
How does bo not ask that as a follow up question once david said 32. Bad interview skills. Listen to the answers, don't follow a script.

WSOPdawg
12-10-2018, 06:12 PM
How does bo not ask that as a follow up question once david said 32. Bad interview skills. Listen to the answers, don't follow a script.

Because Bo is and always has been a UM tool.

Dawgology
12-10-2018, 06:16 PM
I know, I know, another OM thread. But I?m lost as hell on something. Listening to David Johnson on Out of Bounds talking. He says OM will sign 32 players this year to get them back up to the 85 roster cap. How is this possible, when the hard cap was set at 25

Yeah this makes 0 sense. If they have scholarship restrictions then they aren't allowed to sign a full 85. If they are then they are violating NCAA sanctions.

sandwolf
12-10-2018, 06:52 PM
I know many don't like this site, but this article explains the 25 rule pretty well

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/1/31/14348104/college-football-recruiting-class-limits-national-signing-day

Thats a good article. Assuming it's accurate, they can only bring in 28--including signees that are counted back to last year's class--that will go on scholarship in the fall. So if they sign 32, at least 4 of them will have to be gray shirts or blue shirts. Am I reading that right?

fader2103
12-10-2018, 08:54 PM
Bo doesn't do his homework for sports talk radio. He knows nothing about sports. If you listen to his show his big board questions come from message boards from this site.

Coursesuper
12-10-2018, 09:24 PM
From what I've read a team can only count back 5, and those 5 must be EE players. The hard 25 is really for non qualifiers. You can't over sign and then place the ones that don't make it, if you sign them and they don't make it you lose that spot. So in theory UNM can sign 30 if they have 5 EE's and no non qualifiers.

msbulldog
12-11-2018, 07:51 AM
True .....I wonder if they are able to sign extra to account for the early transfers.....no idea

Yes

Jack Lambert
12-11-2018, 09:18 AM
Bo doesn't do his homework for sports talk radio. He knows nothing about sports. If you listen to his show his big board questions come from message boards from this site.

Hey hold on there. He played basketball at MRA.

RougeDawg
12-11-2018, 04:51 PM
Hey hold on there. He played basketball at MRA.

You left out the disclaimer that the basketball he played there was during Gym Class. I?ll repeat what I have said for years. Bo is to sports what I am to the international space station. He regurgitates articles and message boards, word for f*ckng word. I called his dumbass out on twitter once and he blocked me. He is pathetic and his guest offer the only sports knowledge.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2018, 04:59 PM
You left out the disclaimer that the basketball he played there was during Gym Class. I?ll repeat what I have said for years. Bo is to sports what I am to the international space station. He regurgitates articles and message boards, word for f*ckng word. I called his dumbass out on twitter once and he blocked me. He is pathetic and his guest offer the only sports knowledge.

I was being a smart ass. I have learned that most of the the guys on that channel except Matt don't know shit.

RougeDawg
12-11-2018, 05:43 PM
I was being a smart ass. I have learned that most of the the guys on that channel except Matt don't know shit.

I was as well. I got what you meant.