PDA

View Full Version : Dak throws for 455 yards and those ignorant cowboy fans are bashing him...

99jc
12-09-2018, 07:58 PM
I love Dak but hate Dallas fans almost as bad as the Rebels. They are some bipolar 17ers if I have ever seen.

msstate7
12-09-2018, 08:01 PM
Dak Prescott is a household name bc he plays for the cowboys. With the immense spotlight, comes endorsements and sometimes a lot of criticism whether fair or not

99jc
12-09-2018, 08:05 PM
He had 42 completions a new Dallas record Aikman and Romo can suck it.

Pit Bull
12-09-2018, 08:07 PM
Comes with the territory when you play for America's Team! Dak had a super day along with a few bonehead plays in critical situations. But what NFL QB doesn't have a few bad plays mixed in. I've seen Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, and Maholmes all make bad interceptions in good games. Oh well, this was a huge win for Big D. I thought basically, it was whether they make the playoffs or not. I think they make it now.

maroonmania
12-09-2018, 08:13 PM
Dak had a rough 3rd quarter no doubt but good gracious, he more than made up for it in the 4th and OT.

KOdawg1
12-09-2018, 08:18 PM
That's why part of me wishes after his rookie contract is up, he can go somewhere where there's a competent coach calling plays and a fanbase who will appreciate him. There will always be a chunk of the Cowboys fanbase, no matter what he does, that hates him just because he isn't Tony Romo.

Yes, it just comes with being a Dallas Cowboy and yes other teams don't have a Zeke Elliott to help out, but I think Dak would be successful for another team too. He's that much of a competitor.

maroonmania
12-09-2018, 08:22 PM
There will always be a chunk of the Cowboys fanbase, no matter what he does, that hates him just because he isn't Tony Romo.

Which is odd given Romo never accomplished anything of note his entire career.

LC Dawg
12-09-2018, 08:26 PM
The Ole Miss fans that bash Dak are the best. It drives them insane that Mississippi State has a successful NFL qb. The Ole Miss fans that are also Cowboy fans are so conflicted that they don't know how to react to a good play from Dak. They follow every Dallas win with tweets about how it was all in spite of Dak and ignore the fact that if Eli was the Dallas qb they would have maybe one or two wins.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2018, 08:35 PM
Dak played well down the stretch but he does have to protect the ball better. We all know his OL hasn't been great but that's even more reason to be extra cautious with ball protection. Correct the turnovers & he's good to go.

dawgday166
12-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Which is odd given Romo never accomplished anything of note his entire career.

Best NFL Playoffs one and done QB in history.

maroonmania
12-09-2018, 08:44 PM
Best NFL Playoffs one and done QB in history.

Seriously, Romo's biggest claim to fame was a botched FG hold in a playoff wild card game yet when Dak got the job people acted like he had stolen a job from an NFL legend.

maroonmania
12-09-2018, 08:48 PM
Dak played well down the stretch but he does have to protect the ball better. We all know his OL hasn't been great but that's even more reason to be extra cautious with ball protection. Correct the turnovers & he's good to go.

Agree he needs to be more attentive to protecting the ball while in the pocket to prevent the fumbles. Not sure why that has become such a problem for him this year? I don't remember that being an issue for him in his first 2 years.

BeardoMSU
12-09-2018, 08:50 PM

This. His fumbles this season are just so unlike him. Oline-garbage be damned, you gotta protect the ball.

dawgday166
12-09-2018, 08:51 PM
Seriously, Romo's biggest claim to fame was a botched FG hold in a playoff wild card game yet when Dak got the job people acted like he had stolen a job from an NFL legend.

Agree. I like Romo personally but he was a very good regular season QB and that was it.

parabrave
12-09-2018, 09:04 PM
Agree he needs to be more attentive to protecting the ball while in the pocket to prevent the fumbles. Not sure why that has become such a problem for him this year? I don't remember that being an issue for him in his first 2 years.

Because either he throws weak passes like the one he did in the 1st qtr or his receivers just suck.. You can tell he really misses Whitten and to some degree Dez.

RougeDawg
12-09-2018, 09:42 PM
This. His fumbles this season are just so unlike him. Oline-garbage be damned, you gotta protect the ball.

I think it?s a combination of both. OL play isn?t stellar and Dak isn?t getting rid of the ball. He should know he does not have much time. Given that, He has looked much better since Cooper has taken some pressure off of the other receivers.

Cooterpoot
12-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Dak has to stop bringing the ball down to his waist. Hes got to work on his timing with Gallup. And Gallup has to run his routes.

Dawgowar
12-09-2018, 10:14 PM
Center fielder for The Yankees.

Point Guard for the Lakers.

QB for Dallas ......the teams have tons of fans and tons of haters. Those posiTions in particular pull in the ignorant critics like moth to flame. If Dak gets the ‘boys to the playoffs and wins one game, Jerry won’t have to fire Jason. That alone will get Dak p-a-i-d. F the critics. Half of the Romo lovers were calling for his ass three years ago. And his f-ups came at the END of games. Dak wins.

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2018, 11:01 PM

QB for Dallas ......the teams have tons of fans and tons of haters. Those posiTions in particular pull in the ignorant critics like moth to flame. If Dak gets the ‘boys to the playoffs and wins one game, Jerry won’t have to fire Jason. That alone will get Dak p-a-i-d. F the critics. Half of the Romo lovers were calling for his ass three years ago. And his f-ups came at the END of games. Dak wins.

This.

Comes with the territory.

It's worth it. He'll makes tons of money and have a TV career and public persona for the rest of his life.

If he wins a SB with Dallas, he'll be an immortal football Jesus.

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2018, 11:01 PM
Dak Prescott is a household name bc he plays for the cowboys. With the immense spotlight, comes endorsements and sometimes a lot of criticism whether fair or not

This

NCDawg
12-09-2018, 11:10 PM
Don't think I've ever seen such weird officiating by NFL officials as I saw tonight.

KOdawg1
12-09-2018, 11:24 PM
Don't think I've ever seen such weird officiating by NFL officials as I saw tonight.
And Eagles fans are blaming the officials for the loss, but they were gifted a few terrible calls too. Just bad officiating on both sides.

DancingRabbit
12-09-2018, 11:38 PM

QB for Dallas ......the teams have tons of fans and tons of haters. Those posiTions in particular pull in the ignorant critics like moth to flame. If Dak gets the ?boys to the playoffs and wins one game, Jerry won?t have to fire Jason. That alone will get Dak p-a-i-d. F the critics. Half of the Romo lovers were calling for his ass three years ago. And his f-ups came at the END of games. Dak wins.

Only two Cowboys QBs have measured up to expectations, Staubach and Aikman. Don Meredith, Danny White and Tony Romo were very good but no championships mean you're a chump.

Dak's a little like Staubach. Not the prettiest game but tough and a winner.

Dak's gonna get paid. Jerry loves his intangibles and toughness. Jerry say, "that's when Dak's the daddy" when he's running for a first down and throws out a stiff arm.

Also, Dak's probably about to be the Walter Payton Man of the Year.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 12:09 AM

It's because he's the most sacked and hit qb in the league and it's not close. You get hit in the pocket while trying to throw you're more apt to fumble. While 6 lost fumbles is a lot he doesn't even lead league QBs in lost fumbles.

WSOPdawg
12-10-2018, 09:45 AM
It's because he's the most sacked and hit qb in the league and it's not close. You get hit in the pocket while trying to throw you're more apt to fumble. While 6 lost fumbles is a lot he doesn't even lead league QBs in lost fumbles.

Getting Cooper really, really solved the WR-talent void that was plaguing the team allowing Gallup and Beasley to move to the #2 and #3 receiving options. Now the front office needs to address the OL woes (that window quickly closed from 2 years ago when this was the best OL group in the league). I think Connor Williams (#2 pick from Texas last year) will eventually get there, but to lose an All-Pro at C (Fredrickson to a flukey virus for the year) and injuries to everybody else and it's a credit to the team as a whole for the success they've enjoyed.

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Because either he throws weak passes like the one he did in the 1st qtr or his receivers just suck.. You can tell he really misses Whitten and to some degree Dez.

Both Ints were on Dak and were just bad throws. One was absolutely the correct place to go with the ball but just overthrew Gallup. Most of his ints this year has been due to receivers just not catching the ball. His biggest problems this year has been the fumbles. Crappy Oline play hasn't helped but he has to protect the ball.

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2018, 12:18 PM
Only two Cowboys QBs have measured up to expectations, Staubach and Aikman. Don Meredith, Danny White and Tony Romo were very good but no championships mean you're a chump.

Dak's a little like Staubach. Not the prettiest game but tough and a winner.

Dak's gonna get paid. Jerry loves his intangibles and toughness. Jerry say, "that's when Dak's the daddy" when he's running for a first down and throws out a stiff arm.

Also, Dak's probably about to be the Walter Payton Man of the Year.

Pretty much every single statistic compared to Aikman, Dak is hands down better. More wins, yardage, TDs, less Ints, compare their first 3 years and it isn't close that Dak is the better QB. Also have to look at Aikman probably had a better cast around him also.

msstate7
12-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Pretty much every single statistic compared to Aikman, Dak is hands down better. More wins, yardage, TDs, less Ints, compare their first 3 years and it isn't close that Dak is the better QB. Also have to look at Aikman probably had a better cast around him also.

Comparing QB stats now to 1989 is kinda hard to do. Montana led the nfl in pass yds/game at 270.8 in 1989; today, that would be 13th. Passer rating is probably best comparison. Today, Brees leds at 120.8; in 1989, Montana led at 112.4. All passing stats are inflated now compared to then though bc you can't mug WRs anymore, can't knock WRs out, and can't hit the QB.

dawgday166
12-10-2018, 12:36 PM
Comparing QB stats now to 1989 is kinda hard to do. Montana led the nfl in pass yds/game at 270.8 in 1989; today, that would be 13th. Passer rating is probably best comparison. Today, Brees leds at 120.8; in 1989, Montana led at 112.4. All passing stats are inflated now compared to then though bc you can't mug WRs anymore, can't knock WRs out, and can't hit the QB.

That's why Montana is the GOAT.

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2018, 01:21 PM

Aikman just kind of has a thing for putting Dak down but I was just saying that Aikman wasn't a Hall of Fame level QB over his first 3 years. Somehow Dak gets more shit but his stats compared to other QBs not named Maholmes are pretty much at least similar except in wins. Dak is getting shit for 2 Ints and a fumble which he should but doesn't seem to get any props for throwing for 455 yards and 3 TDs in crunch time.

Dak, Wentz, and Goff are all great QBs but people praise Wentz and Goff when Dak's numbers are relatively close. Dak is also very good in crunch time which is always great to have.

confucius say
12-10-2018, 01:29 PM

Completion percentage?

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Completion percentage?

Also INTs. I think Aikman had 55 Ints in his first 3 years and Dak has around 27. Even if you say that QBs are throwing for more yardage and TDs then Ints should go up also. Of course wins are also edged toward Dak.

drunkernhelldawg
12-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Good thing Dallas won the game.

Dak is going to get criticized. We can worry about it, but he can't afford that luxury.

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2018, 02:52 PM

Troy Aikman never had a 100 or better Rating. His best was in 93 with a 99. Dak had a 104, 86, and currently is at a 96. Aikman only broke 90 twice in his career. Looking at his career stats, without the Superbowls he wasn't a Hall of Fame type player.

BrunswickDawg
12-10-2018, 02:56 PM

Not to knock Dak - but that 1989 Cowboys team was their worst in history. 1-15. Comparing that team to any of Dak's 3 teams isn't really fair.
That being said, Aikman really didn't start to click as a QB until late in '90.

shoeless joe
12-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Dak does seem to make things harder on himself than they should be. He missed on two deep balls that put the game outta reach. He's not the most accurate by any means. He has intangibles for sure but he does deserve SOME criticism

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Not to knock Dak - but that 1989 Cowboys team was their worst in history. 1-15. Comparing that team to any of Dak's 3 teams isn't really fair.
That being said, Aikman really didn't start to click as a QB until late in '90.

Aikman started clicking when he had one of the best supporting cast in NFL history. People want to discount Dak's first year because he had one of the best Olines and Zeke but somehow Aikman isn't held to the same standard. Aikman had one of the best RB in NFL history along with a top 10 all time WR. That doesn't even add in the best Oline year in and year out for the 90s. All that said, Dak's first year was better than any year Aikman ever had according to QB rating and QBR.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Aikman started clicking when he had one of the best supporting cast in NFL history. People want to discount Dak's first year because he had one of the best Olines and Zeke but somehow Aikman isn't held to the same standard. Aikman had one of the best RB in NFL history along with a top 10 all time WR. That doesn't even add in the best Oline year in and year out for the 90s. All that said, Dak's first year was better than any year Aikman ever had according to QB rating and QBR.

This. Aikman was hardly every touched when he dropped back and he had receivers to throw to and Emmitt Smith. Not only did he have Irvin but he also had Alvin Harper who was a big time deep threat back in the day. Aikman was a game manager, and to his credit a great one, but he wasn't a Brady, Brees or Rodgers.