PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch the NFL on Thursdays?

Political Hack
10-19-2013, 06:53 AM
they're denying thinking about adding a second Thursday night game, but Jerry Jones and an exec in Philly are saying the NFL is thinking about it. The reason is because they aren't getting the ratings they want with the Thursday night game now... which doesn't seem to make much sense if their solution is to add a second game that isnt going to get good ratings. Also found it interesting that Sunday Night Football gets about five million more viewers than Monday Night Football.

I rarely watch the Thursday night game and think it would be a mistake to add a second one. I prefer the good college matchups over an NFL game.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2013, 07:06 AM
No. I never watch the NFL game on Thursdays. I always watch the college game regardless of who is playing. I associate Thursday with college football on ESPN.

msstate7
10-19-2013, 07:14 AM
For the most part all the Thursday night NFL games aren't the desirable games. It's also on nfl network. If the Thursday night game was on espn, the ratings would be much higher

DownwardDawg
10-19-2013, 07:26 AM
I would watch UCF vs Louisville over Saints vs Broncos if they were both played on Thursday night.

Political Hack
10-19-2013, 07:28 AM
I would watch UCF vs Louisville over Saints vs Broncos if they were both played on Thursday night.

Who dat?

I'll watch if the Saints are playing, but that's about it.

msstate7
10-19-2013, 07:43 AM

You're in the minority. In the south, college football is king, but it isn't that way everywhere

Behrdawg
10-19-2013, 08:23 AM
You're in the minority. In the south, college football is king, but it isn't that way everywhere

This is it. The South will watch college football no matter what. The Thursday night NFL games will mostly get the fans of both teams to watch the game. I would be interested to see the data from this past Thursday night game. I bet most of the viewers were out of the Seattle and Phoenix markets. UCF vs Louisville- college football fans are going to watch that all day. Especially in the South.

civildawg
10-19-2013, 08:25 AM
I only watch nfl on Thursday nights if it's my nfl team playing

Dawg61
10-19-2013, 08:37 AM
Yes I watch both. I love the doubleheader MNF does to start the season so I think this is a great idea. I'll still turn to the college game often.

Todd4State
10-19-2013, 09:30 AM
No. I never watch the NFL game on Thursdays. I always watch the college game regardless of who is playing. I associate Thursday with college football on ESPN.

That's probably in part because we play so many damn games on a Thursday. Exposure!

Coach34
10-19-2013, 09:34 AM
I watch NFL on Thursdays unless the college match-up is a decent one.

msstate7
10-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Thursday night and Monday night need better matchups. Monday used to be the big one, but Sunday night has taken that

Red Sox Dawg
10-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Rarely watch Thursday NFL games. I prefer college football. I would watch the Saints.

woozman
10-19-2013, 01:28 PM
If I have a FF player involved or if I have money on it I watch Thursday NFL.

TheRef
10-19-2013, 01:32 PM
I don't watch NFL on Thursday because I'm poor and don't have NFL Network....