PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Horka

KOdawg1
12-09-2018, 01:57 PM
Our lovely beat writer for the Clarion-Ledger is in hot shit this morning. Tyler put out a tweet basically calling Kyler Murray childish for tweeting a tweet with the word "queer" when he was 15. Some people did some digging and discovered Tyler had several tweets back in 2012-2013 containing the word "queer." The irony. The kid has done nothing but rub people the wrong way since he's gotten the job here. Wouldn't be the worst thing if he moved on.

Tyler's tweet about Murray - https://twitter.com/tbhorka/status/1071812657102102528
Tyler's tweet from years ago - https://twitter.com/kamprather1/status/1071832048552300545

Jacksondevildog
12-09-2018, 02:02 PM
Social justice hasn’t worked it’s way down south to us Country baws.

vv83
12-09-2018, 02:04 PM
Oh wow that is not a good look. I actually like his work, but I wish he?d realize when you?re a journalist your twitter account is now apart of your professional portfolio. Sucks it?s that way but it just is

KOdawg1
12-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Oh wow that is not a good look. I actually like his work, but I wish he?d realize when you?re a journalist your twitter account is now apart of your professional portfolio. Sucks it?s that way but it just is

I like his writing too when it paints us in fair light. But Horka has a way of wording things to take jabs at us. Especially with the headlines of his articles. Idk, I don't want a beat writer who blows butterflies up our asses, but I want him/her to be fair and to know his/her audience. Horka is just young and is trying too hard. Maybe this will be something he can learn from. Bring back Will Sammon. He was one of the best we've had.

1bigdawg
12-09-2018, 02:25 PM
I like his writing too when it paints us in fair light. But Horka has a way of wording things to take jabs at us. Especially with the headlines of his articles. Idk, I don't want a beat writer who blows butterflies up our asses, but I want him/her to be fair and to know his/her audience. Horka is just young and is trying to hard. Maybe this will be something he can learn from. Bring back Will Sammon. He was one of the best we've had.

Writers have nothing to do with the headlines.

KOdawg1
12-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Writers have nothing to do with the headlines.

They have everything to do with what they post on their twitter though

DancingRabbit
12-09-2018, 02:31 PM
I tend to stay away from the CL unless drawn there. But from my limited experience he's a bit too snarky and thin-skinned. My beat-writer needs are filled adequately by Brett Hudson.

iPat09
12-09-2018, 02:35 PM
I like his writing too when it paints us in fair light. But Horka has a way of wording things to take jabs at us. Especially with the headlines of his articles. Idk, I don't want a beat writer who blows butterflies up our asses, but I want him/her to be fair and to know his/her audience. Horka is just young and is trying to hard. Maybe this will be something he can learn from. Bring back Will Sammon. He was one of the best we've had.

Some of the best articles Will wrote had nothing to do with games. He did a great job finding stories off the beaten path. It'll be awhile before we have one as good as him again.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-09-2018, 02:39 PM
Will Sammon got off that sinking ship as fast as he could...

Ari Gold
12-09-2018, 02:53 PM
This kid has sucked from day one IMO opinion. And I base this off his tweets and not his writings which I’m sure sucks as well
Just take your ass back to Texas and write for the Longhorn insider or something..
He is a little prick ..

DeputyDawg94
12-09-2018, 02:57 PM
He’s really getting tiresome to me. Every time he takes a step forward he does something like this and takes 3 steps backwards. I don’t care what somebody said when they were 15. Let me know what they say when they are 40. I don’t care what he said in his tweets in 2012/2013. He should hold himself accountable to the same standards he holds others to tho and not pretend to be on another level.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-09-2018, 03:02 PM
I like his writing too when it paints us in fair light. But Horka has a way of wording things to take jabs at us. Especially with the headlines of his articles. Idk, I don't want a beat writer who blows butterflies up our asses, but I want him/her to be fair and to know his/her audience. Horka is just young and is trying too hard. Maybe this will be something he can learn from. Bring back Will Sammon. He was one of the best we've had.

Will Sammon has already moved his career beyond the trash rag that is the CL. Seriously saying we should hire him back would be like saying we should hire a current OC back as just a QB coach; the coach isn't going to take a demotion unless he fails where he's at.

I was pretty neutral on Horka till now, but the tweets put me solidly against him. 1) I hate this social justice PC police stuff that hes clearly trying to jump on board with, 2) he accused Murray of acting childish for tweet Murray made when HE WAS 15! IT WAS A CHILDISH TWEET BECAUSE MURRAY WAS A LITERAL CHILD. 3) Horka was older than Murray when he made his "queer" tweets, and made far more of them. I can't stand hypocrisy, especially when it comes to "I'm so much more moral than you" PC crap. Horka needs to go

KOdawg1
12-09-2018, 03:04 PM
Will Sammon has already moved his career beyond the trash rag that is the CL. Seriously saying we should hire him back would be like saying we should hire a current OC back as just a QB coach; the coach isn't going to take a demotion unless he fails where he's at.

I was pretty neutral on Horka till now, but the tweets put me solidly against him. 1) I hate this social justice PC police stuff that hes clearly trying to jump on board with, 2) he accused Murray of acting childish for tweet Murray made when HE WAS 15! IT WAS A CHILDISH TWEET BECAUSE MURRAY WAS A LITERAL CHILD. 3) Horka was older than Murray when he made his "queer" tweets, and made far more of them. I can't stand hypocrisy, especially when it comes to "I'm so much more moral than you" PC crap. Horka needs to go

I was saying that mostly as a joke. I know Sammon would never come back, and I don't blame him. The guy has too much talent to be working for that laughing stock we call our state paper

Todd4State
12-09-2018, 03:56 PM
My question is why is the media digging through athletes Twitter profiles that far back?

Stuff like this is why the media has a poor perception among people and they are too arrogant to realize it.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-09-2018, 05:27 PM
Kyler Murray apologized. Tyler didn't.

I seen it dawg
12-09-2018, 05:38 PM
Media likes to blow people up for this shit from years ago. Comes back to bite one of them in the ass. Piss on him.

RocketDawg
12-09-2018, 05:50 PM
I don't really care what either of them had to say, but Horka's latest is the worst. Probably goes back to the Texas/Oklahoma rivalry, regardless of where he works now.

RougeDawg
12-09-2018, 06:45 PM
The PC police will eventually eat themselves from within. Has always happened on long enough timelines.

Cooterpoot
12-09-2018, 09:38 PM
He’s a shitastic reporter and a Texas grad. Let his personal feelings kick him in the nuts. Or whatever is down there.

WSOPdawg
12-09-2018, 09:40 PM
This kid has sucked from day one IMO opinion. And I base this off his tweets and not his writings which I’m sure sucks as well
Just take your ass back to Texas and write for the Longhorn insider or something..
He is a little prick ..

Rep given, Ari.

ScottH
12-09-2018, 11:48 PM
Only two things come from Texas. Does Tyler have horns?