12-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Is he an early enrollee??

Cooterpoot
12-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Yes

FriarsPoint
12-08-2018, 11:26 PM
Yes

You got more of a finger on the pulse than I do, I’m scared to death that will be our starting qb for 19.

DogsofAnarchy
12-08-2018, 11:29 PM
Good lord please help them.

pdawg10msu
12-09-2018, 12:01 AM
Yes

I thought he was.

Cowbell
12-09-2018, 12:48 AM
You got more of a finger on the pulse than I do, I?m scared to death that will be our starting qb for 19.

He will either start or make the other guys step up. Trevor Lawrence makes it look like not a bad idea.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2018, 12:49 AM
He will either start or make the other guys step up. Trevor Lawrence makes it look like not a bad idea.

That's not fair at all to Shrader. He's not on Trevor Lawrence level.

Cowbell
12-09-2018, 01:18 AM

IYOK, I appreciate the insight you bring to this board. I just don?t agree with this statement though. The kid has an Alabama offer. He can?t be that far off. After watching senior highlights of both, I think there isn?t a lot of separation right out of high school. Garrett is quicker even. The kid can move. Some of his throws are ridiculous. He would already be a step up in accuracy over our starter this year.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2018, 01:24 AM
IYOK, I appreciate the insight you bring to this board. I just don?t agree with this statement though. The kid has an Alabama offer. He can?t be that far off. After watching senior highlights of both, I think there isn?t a lot of separation right out of high school. Garrett is quicker even. The kid can move. Some of his throws are ridiculous. He would already be a step up in accuracy over our starter this year.

I love Garrett. It's 2 different levels of talent between he & Trevor. It's just not a comparison. He can be really really good but he's not coming in doing what Trevor did.

Commercecomet24
12-09-2018, 01:41 AM
I love Garrett. It's 2 different levels of talent between he & Trevor. It's just not a comparison. He can be really really good but he's not coming in doing what Trevor did.

This.There are very few Trevor Lawrence's floating around. Trevor is way advanced for his age. Garrett gonna be a good one but he's not as advanced at this point in his career as Lawrence and that's not a knock on Garrett, just an acknowledgement of how good Lawrence is.

Jarius
12-09-2018, 01:57 AM
Garret also doesn’t get to play against an ACC schedule.

bulldawg28
12-09-2018, 06:22 AM

So an Alabama offer means instant success?

Hambone
12-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Lawrence was the number one rated QB out of high school. Schrader is good, but he isn’t close to being at the top of his class. I do think he will do great here, but comparing him to Lawrence just isn’t fair.

Cowbell
12-09-2018, 08:37 AM
So an Alabama offer means instant success?

Nope, but they do not sign developmental players.

Cowbell
12-09-2018, 08:42 AM
I’m not trying to solely compare him to Lawrence. I’m just comparing situations. Lawrence beat out a veteran that wasn’t bad. Schaefer is competing against two inexperienced QBs that are green in this system too.

Cowbell
12-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Garret also doesn’t get to play against an ACC schedule.

Touche

gravedigger
12-09-2018, 08:48 AM

He?s not saying that Shrader and Lawrence are the same talent. He?s saying that the presence of a kid familiar with the system will push the other two to learn it or be passed up.

chef dixon
12-09-2018, 10:14 AM
It is going to be Thompson and he is going to play well

Ifyouonlyknew
12-09-2018, 10:47 AM
He?s not saying that Shrader and Lawrence are the same talent. He?s saying that the presence of a kid familiar with the system will push the other two to learn it or be passed up.

A HS offense similar to what we run isn't what we run. He's not as familiar with the system as Key & Mayden who's been in the actual system for an entire year.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-09-2018, 11:02 AM
I was thinking that I read somewhere Shrader needed some shoulder surgery.... am I right?

Dawgfan77
12-09-2018, 11:09 AM
I was thinking that I read somewhere Shrader needed some shoulder surgery.... am I right?

No he has it last December

Dawgfan77
12-09-2018, 11:10 AM
It is going to be Thompson and he is going to play well
I think this is right now 50/50. We are going to go after a grad transfer like it or not

gravedigger
12-09-2018, 11:14 AM
A HS offense similar to what we run isn't what we run. He's not as familiar with the system as Key & Mayden who's been in the actual system for an entire year.

Time will tell. But this offense isn?t nearly about the level of talent to run or throw for a qb. It?s about how quickly he can read and pull the trigger based on what the defense is giving. Yes, a kid can develop that in high school. The wr?s have developing to do as well. Great qb play won?t mean a thing if they aren?t in sync with the qb on the reads.

One thing is for sure, the fall will be a whole new type of team. I?m looking forward to it.

bulldawg28
12-09-2018, 03:45 PM
Nope, but they do not sign developmental players.

They try not to but it happens

maroonmania
12-09-2018, 03:50 PM
They try not to but it happens

Exactly, when they have guys sitting behind multiple 5 star players until their third or fourth year in the program, then they are by default developmental players whether they should have been or not.

Todd4State
12-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Shrader only starts if Key struggles. If that happens I hope he is Joe's version of John Bond 1980. Highly rated freshman who fits the offense better despite the inexperience. Starting a true freshman in the SEC is scary to say the least.

Personally I think Key will probably be fine. I don't think he fits the prototype that Joe is looking for necessarily but based on what I have seen I think he makes decisions more quickly than Nick and I think he is a lot less run first than Nick was. So, even though Key doesn't have Nick's raw talent he may be an upgrade.

Pit Bull
12-10-2018, 04:49 AM

I haven't seen anything in Schrader's film that is any better or worse than KT's or Jalen Mayden's films. It could very well be that KT and Mayden might force Schrader to step his game up. KT and Mayden both played in large divisions in their respective states. Schrader played private school ball which I am sure did not have the top level competition that Louisiana and Texas provides.

BTW....if you have some time to kill, I stumbled across this film of Sachse,TX vs Mesquite,TX. Jalen Mayden is Sachse's QB. I haven't watched all of it, but you can tell there are some really good athletes on that field. One committed to TTech, one to Penn State, and of course, Mayden to MSU. You can scroll backwards to see some more action …………

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJYbznMHMZc

BiscuitEater
12-10-2018, 05:13 AM
I?m scared to death that will be our starting qb for 19.

First time in MSU history to EVER have three 4-star QBs on the same team and yet there are those that are going to find something to bitch about!