PDA

View Full Version : Auburn is now a complete dumpster fire, and it's glorious.

Mobile Bay
12-08-2018, 11:00 PM
https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Sources-Bobby-Bentley-expected-to-pass-on-Auburn-job-126094487/

RocketDawg
12-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Well, he has a good reason for staying where he is.

DownwardDawg
12-09-2018, 08:27 AM
Wow, read the article about the RB transferring. Crazy.

MetEdDawg
12-09-2018, 08:51 AM
I hope Auburn continues in this direction. Auburn fans are pissed at their admin. They either want them to go ahead and fire Gus or let him do his job. Right now Auburn won't commit to either.

Now the Asa Martin stuff came out publicly (internally all their fans knew it had happened in our game) and their admin can't hire anyone. They whiffed on Kelly Bryant too.

It's been a bad two weeks for Auburn. Sucks to suck Aubies.

shannondawg
12-09-2018, 10:12 AM
Why does it always seem a cluster17 down there? Is it their hate of being little sister to bama, or just a lot would be emperors mismanaging the whole thing? Didn't they get rid of Bobby Lauer (sp?) and the yeller wood guy?

Leroy Jenkins
12-09-2018, 10:32 AM
This is turning into the type of situation where people are so desperate they do something amazingly stoopid and get caught. Can't wait.

TUSK
12-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Why does it always seem a cluster17 down there? Is it their hate of being little sister to bama, or just a lot would be emperors mismanaging the whole thing? Didn't they get rid of Bobby Lauer (sp?) and the yeller wood guy?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No.

shannondawg
12-09-2018, 11:44 AM
I remember one game I watched that Yellerwood was on sidelines, didn't like the play calling and went and was in the coaches face during the game. That says a lot to whats wrong down there, if he is indeed still a major player.

RiverCityDawg
12-09-2018, 01:11 PM
It's a death spiral over there. Next season will be miserable for them and delicious for the rest of us. I will never understand why Gus didn't take the Arkansas job. It was the ultimate "get out ahead of the mob" opportunity and he blew it.

TUSK
12-09-2018, 01:16 PM
It's a death spiral over there. Next season will be miserable for them and delicious for the rest of us. I will never understand why Gus didn't take the Arkansas job. It was the ultimate "get out ahead of the mob" opportunity and he blew it.

I'm gonna go with "guaranteed ~$40 Mil"....

dawgday166
12-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Gus always seems to do well when no one expects it. When expectations are high, he craps the bed. Be interesting to see how well he does next year.

TUSK
12-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Gus always seems to do well when no one expects it. When expectations are high, he craps the bed. Be interesting to see how well he does next year.

I've quit tryin' to predict that Jekyll & Hyde Bastard... but..... He 'bout to be gone.

dawgday166
12-09-2018, 01:25 PM
I've quit tryin' to predict that Jekyll & Hyde Bastard... but..... He 'bout to be gone.

Good way to describe it and that's why he about to be gone.

RiverCityDawg
12-09-2018, 03:11 PM
I'm gonna go with "guaranteed ~$40 Mil"....

He could have gotten similar at Arkansas. Plus it's clear that is not his motivation, otherwise he wouldn't have renegotiated on some points in his deal this year to save himself from getting fired.

The reality is that football coaches don't think like that. Sure, the money is a factor, but they would much prefer winning at the highest level. Me, I would collect my severance pay and live out my days on Lake Martin. Not a football coach.

I just think Gus overestimated his ability to get the program back on track and he's doubled down on it now so he can have one more year to try. This OC situation is a complete debacle and the powers that be are doing their best to sabotage him. At this point he should be his own OC and call is own plays. At least if/when he fails next year he'll be going out the way he came in. I think the situation is too far gone at this point to be saved. Once the "Auburn Family" turns on you, it's over.

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2018, 03:29 PM

I think part of this perspective is built on 2 once in 20 year plays that came in the same year.

The year Auburn went to the natty, they got tip TD pass to beat UGA & the Kick 6 vs Bama. Throw that in with last 2nd TD pass to beat MSU.

If both those plays go against Auburn, like they do 99% of the time, Auburn goes 9-3 or 8-4 & that's about who Gus is.

Gus is an 8-4 coach. Just had some significant luck in his best year.

Todd4State
12-09-2018, 03:43 PM
I'm glad we play them and Arkansas on the road this year.

I'll redact that statement if Gus finds his magic horseshoe again.

TUSK
12-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Gus has his new OC... dude is 28 year old Kenny Dillingham from Memphis...

There's no way this is gonna go badly....

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/12/auburn-hires-memphis-kenny-dillingham-as-ocqb-coach.html

Dawg61
12-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Haha look at this 17ing guy

https://i.al.com/resizer/Zq1uZnwskt-ZZ6T_qqHelyA28WA=/600x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal/public/VCWXCTIPN5ARNE6BAROHRALBJY.jpg

TUSK
12-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Haha look at this 17ing guy

https://i.al.com/resizer/Zq1uZnwskt-ZZ6T_qqHelyA28WA=/600x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal/public/VCWXCTIPN5ARNE6BAROHRALBJY.jpg

Gonna one up ya....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuBt97qW0AAyodq.jpg

Pit Bull
12-10-2018, 04:05 PM

Yep.....when Freezus turns him down....you know it must be bad!!

Commercecomet24
12-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Auburn is so much like unm it ain't funny.

Johnson85
12-10-2018, 04:41 PM
He could have gotten similar at Arkansas. Plus it's clear that is not his motivation, otherwise he wouldn't have renegotiated on some points in his deal this year to save himself from getting fired.

The reality is that football coaches don't think like that. Sure, the money is a factor, but they would much prefer winning at the highest level. Me, I would collect my severance pay and live out my days on Lake Martin. Not a football coach.

I just think Gus overestimated his ability to get the program back on track and he's doubled down on it now so he can have one more year to try. This OC situation is a complete debacle and the powers that be are doing their best to sabotage him. At this point he should be his own OC and call is own plays. At least if/when he fails next year he'll be going out the way he came in. I think the situation is too far gone at this point to be saved. Once the "Auburn Family" turns on you, it's over.

If a $30M severance package makes you think about living out your days on Lake martin, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not cut out to be a life style consultant or travel agent either.