PDA

View Full Version : It may be just me, but..........

Pit Bull
12-08-2018, 09:04 PM
....I think Jalen Hurts looks more improved than ever.....and looks every bit as good as Tua. Of course, Tua has played the lion's share of the PT which exposes your ability more and exposes you to more injury also. Tua has done dang well, but even with the limited time Jalen has played, he's almost been flawless. When you see those Heisman candidates up there on stage, I almost feel like Jalen should be up there too. If nothing else other than his "team attitude" approach to sticking with BAMA even though he lost his starting job is extremely commendable. Incredible that BAMA could be so fortunate to have 2 QBs like that on the same team. Almost guarantees another playoff spot the next year or two.

Bdawg
12-08-2018, 09:15 PM
Jalen has good running ability but not nearly as accurate a passer as Tua. Keep Jalen in the pocket and pressure him and he becomes very average. Tua is better in the pocket moving through progressions. Still don't know why GA didn't try to contain Jalen and make him beat them deep with his arm. He can't do it. That's why Tua is much better.

Lord McBuckethead
12-08-2018, 10:16 PM
Have refs that are calling the game even, and it may be possible for Bama to lose a game or two.

Amazing how they never get called for holding and pass interference offense and defense. All their WR push off when defended and all of their dbs grab onto WR when they are on routes.

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 10:16 PM
I can't wait to see him in the M&W next year.

msstate7
12-08-2018, 10:18 PM
I can't wait to see him in the M&W next year.

It would be nice. I put it at the same chance as Matt Luke being hired as our oline coach though

TimberBeast
12-08-2018, 11:46 PM
Have refs that are calling the game even, and it may be possible for Bama to lose a game or two.

Amazing how they never get called for holding and pass interference offense and defense. All their WR push off when defended and all of their dbs grab onto WR when they are on routes.

This is correct.

TUSK
12-09-2018, 12:35 AM
Great observation... although a small sample size this year, Hurts's passing has improved dramatically and his EFF RTG is staggering...

He made some throws this year that he wouldn't have even attempted last year... He actually read through some progressions and extended plays with his legs when, historically, he woulda looked for one cat, then taken off...

I'm really happy things worked out for him like they did... You couldn't make up this story...

Schultzy
12-09-2018, 08:51 AM
"Daddy played qb for the Bear" is the head linesman in Tuscaloosa...they have become completely uninteresting anymore.

It took me a long time getting here but with the body of work on this refereeing thing...Alabama is dead to me.

If I can't sit and watch the game with a reasonable expectation of fairness then I just can not respect you.

TUSK
12-09-2018, 11:29 AM
"Daddy played qb for the Bear" is the head linesman in Tuscaloosa...they have become completely uninteresting anymore.

It took me a long time getting here but with the body of work on this refereeing thing...Alabama is dead to me.

If I can't sit and watch the game with a reasonable expectation of fairness then I just can not respect you.

Odd Hi-Jack... still, it's an 8/10 melt, not bad.