PDA

View Full Version : State should make Cincy game FREE!

cheewgumm
12-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Let the customers sample the product!

KOdawg1
12-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Not free, but reduce ticket prices for this one game to ensure the place is filled up.

Jacksondevildog
12-08-2018, 06:50 PM
I?m going Saturday, but Im expecting to sit in the upper deck while the lower bowl is 2/3 full while season ticket holders, Billy and Ruth from Ethel, couldn?t make it because of a fish fry at their church. This team does deserve a crowd on Saturday.

msbulldog
12-08-2018, 06:50 PM
Give out some Juicy Jumbos!

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Definitely need to let everyone move to the lower level. The Hump can still be a great atmosphere with just the lower level packed.

KOdawg1
12-08-2018, 06:52 PM
We should have a ticket exchange thread for this game on here. People who have tickets but can't make it should sell them to guys on here who will gladly buy them.

Jacksondevildog
12-08-2018, 06:52 PM
This.
We should have a ticket exchange thread for this game on here. People who have tickets but can't make it should sell them to guys on here who will gladly buy them.

Dallas_Dawg
12-08-2018, 06:59 PM
This.
Yes. But good luck getting Billy and Ruth to contribute.

Jacksondevildog
12-08-2018, 08:22 PM
+1
Yes. But good luck getting Billy and Ruth to contribute.

Liverpooldawg
12-08-2018, 08:26 PM
I?m going Saturday, but Im expecting to sit in the upper deck while the lower bowl is 2/3 full while season ticket holders, Billy and Ruth from Ethel, couldn?t make it because of a fish fry at their church. This team does deserve a crowd on Saturday.

The real problem with the lower bowl is the regional manager for Corp X only shows up for Kentucky and Bill Big Bucks, Class of 70, only shows up for Kentucky and Ole Miss. People that actually showed up for every game got kicked up or out so these dudes could have good seats for the Kentucky game. Billy and Ruth only missed 1 or 2 games a year. Bill Big Bucks got their seats but only shows for 1 or 2 games a year. Yet Billy and Ruth were, and still are, blasted as being the problem with the basketball crowd.

RougeDawg
12-08-2018, 08:30 PM
The Rick Ray effect still in full force. When you kill a program that badly, the fans who used to show up find other things to do. They got in different basketball season habits. Hell I used to make almost all conference weekend games living in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. After RR that ended. I?m sure there are others in the same boat.

ETA: the sec network coming online around the same time as RR did not help attendance.

Ari Gold
12-08-2018, 09:21 PM
The Rick Ray effect still in full force. When you kill a program that badly, the fans who used to show up find other things to do. They got in different basketball season habits. Hell I used to make almost all conference weekend games living in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. After RR that ended. I?m sure there are others in the same boat.

ETA: the sec network coming online around the same time as RR did not help attendance.

RR was 5 years ago it’s time to put that excuse to bed.
If it’s distance, or sec network or whatever else that’s fine, but the RR excuse is dead
And secondly RS last few years weren’t worth getting overly excited about ..

Bothrops
12-08-2018, 09:39 PM
RR excuses are as dead as MVSU football.

RocketDawg
12-08-2018, 09:48 PM

I had season tickets about 15 years ago for several years. The reason I gave up those tickets was because I couldn't make more games. They were in the upper deck, and I didn't go to more than a handful of OOC games (185 miles each way to Starkville from here), but the conference games I went to were always at or near full. What's happened? Was it Rick Ray, reseating, or what?

Lord McBuckethead
12-08-2018, 10:13 PM
I would buy 3 courtside tickets.if available.

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 10:15 PM
I would buy 3 courtside tickets.if available.

Yep, but they aren't available. How many general admission tickets are available for the game?

Howboutdemdogs
12-08-2018, 11:01 PM
My two roommates from our days at State in the early 80’s are in town that weeekend. We will all be there. Better product than Bob Boyd had back in the day.

Dawg61
12-08-2018, 11:18 PM
Gotta get the locals to buy in. Catering to the big donors that live 8+ hours away has destroyed the basketball atmosphere.

Cooterpoot
12-08-2018, 11:20 PM
Doesn’t school get out Friday?

Liverpooldawg
12-08-2018, 11:58 PM
Gotta get the locals to buy in. Catering to the big donors that live 8+ hours away has destroyed the basketball atmosphere.

Game, set, and match. I actually went to most games for several years after I lost my long time lower bowl seats. In probably 40 or so games my old seats were occupied about three times. That was before Rick Ray. To say that pissed me off is an understatement.

Liverpooldawg
12-08-2018, 11:59 PM
I had season tickets about 15 years ago for several years. The reason I gave up those tickets was because I couldn't make more games. They were in the upper deck, and I didn't go to more than a handful of OOC games (185 miles each way to Starkville from here), but the conference games I went to were always at or near full. What's happened? Was it Rick Ray, reseating, or what?

Reaseating killed the base crowd of locals, as predicted.

TimberBeast
12-09-2018, 12:01 AM
Reaseating killed the base crowd of locals, as predicted.

Yep, everyone knew it was going to happen and they did it anyway.

mstatefan91
12-09-2018, 02:17 AM
No. You assholes should just make the effort to go, especially if you are a season ticket holder. I say that out of love as a fellow bulldog #HailState

This is more directed at the lower bowl ticket holders who can’t be bothered to go because their grandson is playing in a soccer game at 10 am and that’s just going to wipe them out for the rest of the day.

Breathe some life into this program, Cohen and hurry up renovating (read re-seating) the Hump.

Lord McBuckethead
12-09-2018, 03:55 AM
Yep, but they aren't available. How many general admission tickets are available for the game?

General admission so I can sit in the upper deck behind the goal when 75% of the lower bowl is empty, no thanks. Can we atleast schedule more 7 pm mid week games. I would love to take my Kindergartner to games that end after 9 pm on a school night**

Lord McBuckethead
12-09-2018, 03:58 AM

I don't even know how to get the courtside seats opposite the teams bench. They are 95% empty almost every game, with John Cohen being the only person sitting down there. I mean, when they ask everyone to come down to the lower bowl after 10 minutes, can I go sit with my feet on the hardwood?

msstate7
12-09-2018, 07:53 AM
ESPN BPI gives us 63.1% chance of winning

Ezsoil
12-09-2018, 08:58 AM
from What I have seen at the games, the average age of the fans in the lower bowl seems to be at least 75.... I doubt they have the skills to list the tickets on that World Wide Web thingy.....I bet the lower bowl would sell if the tickets were made available on the secondary market.

I live in Texas and have tickets to both men's and women's ....while I attend most games, the ones that I can't, I list on stub hub for face ..I listed my women's tickets twice and sold them quickly as they are second row in the lower bowl....my men's tickets are the first row in the upper bowl and I was able to sell my tickets twice out of the three times I listed them..(NcNeese went unsold) ..while this is purely anecdotal....I would say the issue is that the tickets are not made available because the ticket holders are too lazy or lack the skills to put them on the secondary market. I have always suggested that lower bowl ticket holders should face a $10 surcharge for unused tickets and those surcharges must be paid prior to renewing your tickets the next year.