PDA

View Full Version : Sec basketball

msstate7
12-08-2018, 02:44 PM
0-3 today. South Carolina and Florida losses are understandable, but Kentucky's is not. We (sec) need to win some of these OOC games vs other good conferences. Come on state and Tennessee tomorrow

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 03:41 PM
0-3 today. South Carolina and Florida losses are understandable, but Kentucky's is not. We (sec) need to win some of these OOC games vs other good conferences. Come on state and Tennessee tomorrow

UK can't shoot. When you can't shoot anyone can beat you. It was actually pretty good showings by UF and SC today.

msstate7
12-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Auburn and state have signed similar level players, but the level at play at auburn just seems to be far superior. I feel like howland is getting 70-75% of our ability out of the players while pearl is getting 97-99% of his. They seem to be much better coached.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-08-2018, 09:13 PM
Auburn and state have signed similar level players, but the level at play at auburn just seems to be far superior. I feel like howland is getting 70-75% of our ability out of the players while pearl is getting 97-99% of his. They seem to be much better coached.

Was looking at rankings to see how similar we've been recruiting wise, I've already forgotten how many four stars we signed in 2016 and I never realized Eli Wright was a 4 star. Let alone a higher rated 4 star than Ado, Carter or Peters.

msstate7
12-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Look at their ball movement on offense. We aren't even close to that level of precision. Howland needs to step it up

Pit Bull
12-08-2018, 09:20 PM

2-3 AP voters said today they would NOT have KY in their top 25 when they submit their weekly ballots. So expect KY to drop like a rock or maybe all the way out.

Pit Bull
12-08-2018, 09:25 PM

Totally agree.....seems like we go on a good run, get a nice lead, then coast and the other team catches up or goes ahead, then we go on another run and keep doing the same thing throughout the game. Our consistency is just not there....if we played consistently good today against Clemson, we would have beat them 20-30 pts. easily. It's not really good to depend on mostly 3 pt. shots, because there will be many games they just don't fall....we need some strong inside play on offense and defense. Maybe Anriel Howard can show the men how to rebound. She knows what effort means when going after missed shots.

MarketingBully
12-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Look at their ball movement on offense. We aren't even close to that level of precision. Howland needs to step it up

We were today and we got 22 assists on 28 made shots. That’s damn near perfect if you ask me.

msstate7
12-08-2018, 10:14 PM
We were today and we got 22 assists on 28 made shots. That’s damn near perfect if you ask me.

We show it in spurts. I wanna see us be more consistent and we have a lot of upperclassmen, so it should imo

To be fair, auburn has had a lot of these spurts too tonight after they came out unbelievably

MarketingBully
12-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Totally agree.....seems like we go on a good run, get a nice lead, then coast and the other team catches up or goes ahead, then we go on another run and keep doing the same thing throughout the game. Our consistency is just not there....if we played consistently good today against Clemson, we would have beat them 20-30 pts. easily. It's not really good to depend on mostly 3 pt. shots, because there will be many games they just don't fall....we need some strong inside play on offense and defense. Maybe Anriel Howard can show the men how to rebound. She knows what effort means when going after missed shots.

That 15-4 run by Clemson to close the first half was heavily aided by the refs (whether you think so or not). We only let them get within 5 but we were able to continue to push it out and in the last five minutes of the game it wasn’t in doubt. I thought we grew up a lot today as we didn’t let the bad calls get to us. We played through them. I think we have a great shot at going 13-1 in the non-conference if we can get by Cincy and I think we have a great shot of a 12-6 type year in the SEC. if we continue to improve like we are, this is a second weekend NCAA tourney team.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-08-2018, 10:23 PM
They beat Dayton by 10 at home. We beat them by 7 on the road in front of 14000 people. Auburn does look better than us to me though.

MarketingBully
12-08-2018, 10:24 PM
They beat Dayton by 10 at home. We beat them by 7 on the road in front of 14000 people. Auburn does look better than us to me though.

I think we split with them.

MarketingBully
12-08-2018, 10:28 PM
22 assists on 28 made baskets for us today and 17 assists on 28 made baskets for Auburn. Today we shared and shot perimeter shots through the flow of our offense. Amazing how much better we shoot when that happens.

TimberBeast
12-08-2018, 11:28 PM
We made 19 or 20 threes, you can’t do that every game. I thought we looked pretty bad today except hitting threes. If those aren’t falling we get beat bad.

Dawg61
12-09-2018, 02:39 AM
Auburn is the 2nd best team in the league and Pearl might be the best coach. The difference between him and Howland is that Pearl has extra motivation to prove himself after getting a show cause for 3 years and nationally embarrassed by getting fired from UT. Howland is just enjoying everything MSU compared to the pressures at UCLA and coaching instead of coaching outta anger to prove his worth like Pearl is. It's not meant to be a knock on Howland. Pearl is just coaching with the fury of a thousand suns right now.

MarketingBully
12-09-2018, 05:25 AM
We made 19 or 20 threes, you can’t do that every game. I thought we looked pretty bad today except hitting threes. If those aren’t falling we get beat bad.

No offense but that’s a dumb as hell take.

Dawg2003
12-09-2018, 06:36 AM

I thought the same thing. I won't knock a win because you get them how you can. But you can't be so one dimensional and have it work out in the long run. I was watching Auburn play, and I was thinking, I can see us getting baited into a shootout with them.