PDA

View Full Version : Pete Golden

I seen it dawg
12-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Just for fun....apparently has taken his name out of consideration for a dead end job as Shitbird DC that he really was never seriously considering. Now on to Macintyre who is not out selling insurance on the street so he does have to take it either.

msstate7
12-08-2018, 01:26 PM
OM screwed this offseason up. Why in the hell didn't they fire Luke and hire bill clark? Om is facing a complete rebuild, and Clark has shown he can rebuild a program quickly. I'm glad they didn't, but wonder what they're thinking. Their class is nothing special... certainly not worth holding luke over

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 01:31 PM
OM screwed this offseason up. Why in the hell didn't they fire Luke and hire bill clark? Om is facing a complete rebuild, and Clark has shown he can rebuild a program quickly. I'm glad they didn't, but wonder what they're thinking. Their class is nothing special... certainly not worth holding luke over

Thank goodness they didn't hire Clark. It's going to be extremely hard to hire good assistant coaches when everyone knows this is probably Luke's last year.

I seen it dawg
12-08-2018, 01:35 PM
They didn't hire Clark bc he's not OM thru and thru. Luke is there as long as bjork is there. Cult is strong.

msstate7
12-08-2018, 01:36 PM
They didn't hire Clark bc he's not OM thru and thru. Luke is there as long as bjork is there. Cult is strong.

Let's hope bjork is there another decade

timotheus
12-08-2018, 01:37 PM
The boosters who favor Bjork are still in power. As long as that situation exists, not much can even begin to improve.

Uncivilengineer
12-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Luke and Djork are still there because they know where the bodies are buried.

BayouDawg
12-08-2018, 01:48 PM
They had their fun with Freeze and his coots for croots. Its time to pay the piper now.

Coursesuper
12-08-2018, 01:54 PM
The boosters who favor Bjork are still in power. As long as that situation exists, not much can even begin to improve.

I hope those old bastards stay in power forever, they are the best thing that can happen to State. Many of the younger crowd up there think that new leadership will get rid of Bjork. They don't realize that those that are making that call are the reason that Luke and Bjork are there in the first place. So good luck boys, y'all have a big time.

WSOPdawg
12-08-2018, 01:57 PM
Thank goodness they didn't hire Clark. It's going to be extremely hard to hire good assistant coaches when everyone knows this is probably Luke's last year.

I contend it's not so much Luke (and however many years he has left) as much as it is their national reputation of being (1) dishonest, (2) lying to everyone (including their athletes), (3) failing to be truly remorseful and honest regarding their most recent transgressions, and (4) their cheating ways that are branded into their DNA (5) combined with the fact that everybody knows their talent level has them staring into the abyss of ineptitude and irrelevance for the next 5-6 years (or longer should they NOT get lucky with their signees).

17 those sh!tbirds and that university!!!

BeardoMSU
12-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Hahaha!!! Neal rode this whole saga into a bunch more gullible subscribers. Y'all bitches got played.

Coursesuper
12-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Hahaha!!! Neal rode this whole saga into a bunch more gullible subscribers. Y'all bitches got played.

You forgot to add one small detail, they got played yet again.

gravedigger
12-08-2018, 02:35 PM

That isn?t how this works. Bjork and Luke are there till mid to late season next fall. Bjork may not make it past May.

Whatever is calling itself the network these days is looking for the next two stooges. Three if you count the chancellor.

I sincerely believe their athletics offices are the equivalent of the olive oil business the Corleone family ran in The Godfather.

Pollodawg
12-08-2018, 02:39 PM
You don’t leave the DC slot at Bama for the same job at OM, not even if you’re promised the head honcho spot when Luke is axed. They really should’ve known better.

I seen it dawg
12-08-2018, 02:55 PM
That isn?t how this works. Bjork and Luke are there till mid to late season next fall. Bjork may not make it past May.

Whatever is calling itself the network these days is looking for the next two stooges. Three if you count the chancellor.

I sincerely believe their athletics offices are the equivalent of the olive oil business the Corleone family ran in The Godfather.

I disagree. What about this is any different as any other thing about their athletics in recent times? As stated by someone earlier, the right boosters are still in bjork corner and as long as that goes on he's not going anywhere. Hence Luke isn't going anywhere. As easy as it is from the outside to see that bjork should have been gone a long time ago, history shows it's not how they operate. Which is fantastic.

Coursesuper
12-08-2018, 03:01 PM
I disagree. What about this is any different as any other thing about their athletics in recent times? As stated by someone earlier, the right boosters are still in bjork corner and as long as that goes on he's not going anywhere. Hence Luke isn't going anywhere. As easy as it is from the outside to see that bjork should have been gone a long time ago, history shows it's not how they operate. Which is fantastic.

Agree, he doesn't understand how that bunch thinks, the ones calling the shots are of the Vaught era and that clouds their thinking. These guys aren't stupid either, they are very very successful but, they can't see the forest for the trees when it comes to UNM football and I hope it stays that way for a long long time.

Lord McBuckethead
12-08-2018, 03:22 PM

I feel Luke was the only HC willing to take the job, and he made then agree to 3 years gauranteed prior to him taking it. Knows the dead bodies.

yjnkdawg
12-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Agree, he doesn't understand how that bunch thinks, the ones calling the shots are of the Vaught era and that clouds their thinking. These guys aren't stupid either, they are very very successful but, they can't see the forest for the trees when it comes to UNM football and I hope it stays that way for a long long time.

The older football money boosters, who call the shots, have donated millions of dollars to OM over the years, and they are going to be more considerate to a former OM football player, than the younger bunch is. Also they don't have to worry about Luke, and any resistance to "The Network".

Political Hack
12-08-2018, 03:28 PM
It doesn't matter who their coach or AD are. They're all puppets with no automonmy to run the program in a right way. Unless a chancellor forced a clean up, it won't happen. Until then they'll bitch about how "infair" it is that they got caught cheating. Sometimes you've got to just stand up in the front of the firing squad and take one for the team. They don't understand that. It's ingrained in their culture that they honestly believe no one is above them.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2018, 03:29 PM
They had their fun with Freeze and his coots for croots. Its time to pay the piper now.

You simply can't run a program that ruins people's lives

Coaches in the industry know what was going on at OM and don't want their lives ruined as a result. They don't want to be put in a situation where they are expected to cheat.

Problem is, I don't know if OM can operate any other way. Culture of corruption doesn't stop over night.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2018, 03:31 PM
It doesn't matter who their coach or AD are. They're all puppets with no automonmy to run the program in a right way. Unless a chancellor forced a clean up, it won't happen. Until then they'll bitch about how "infair" it is that they got caught cheating. Sometimes you've got to just stand up in the front of the firing squad and take one for the team. They don't understand that. It's ingrained in their culture that they honestly believe no one is above them.

This

We said essentially the same thing in back to back posts

Pollodawg
12-08-2018, 04:39 PM
This

We said essentially the same thing in back to back posts

Truth. It?s ingrained in these people from back when the ?Bourbons? ruled Mississippi. They thought they were hot feces when really they were just slum lords over one backwater state. The sad part is that they don?t even wield that much power anymore.

Ari Gold
12-08-2018, 05:31 PM

Perfectly said
It’s Just not in their DNA to change

msbulldog
12-08-2018, 05:39 PM
You don?t leave the DC slot at Bama for the same job at OM, not even if you?re promised the head honcho spot when Luke is axed. They really should?ve known better.

Tosh Lopoi is the DC at Bama. Golden is Co-DC in name only.

Okrastar1
12-08-2018, 07:11 PM
It’s Golding kiddos

Todd4State
12-08-2018, 07:15 PM
Luke and Djork are still there because they know where the bodies are buried.

Luke is a "good Rebel". Even if his career ends the way Barney Farrar's did I highly doubt he will do anything to hurt Ole Miss. And to the point about the Vaught era boosters still being in charge a lot of people may not realize that Matt Luke's Dad played for Vaught and was a teammate of Archie Manning's. I think he was an All-American safety as well. I have a feeling that he will get a lot more protection than say Houston Nutt or even Hugh Freeze. Matt Luke is their version of Rockey Felker without the 1986 win over Tennessee. So- even worse.

Dare I say- Old times are not forgotten? Pretty crazy to me that after almost fity years of mostly average to bad football that they haven't thought- "Hey, maybe we should try to do something different?" But that's where they are. In the meantime- we have at least 8 wins in four out of the last five years. And if we win the Outback Bowl it will be at least 9 wins four out of the last five.

gravedigger
12-08-2018, 08:47 PM

This^^^^^^^^^^