PDA

View Full Version : Will Grier

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Boy, I get it & I would never hold it against a player if they didn't want to play in a bowl game in fear of getting hurt, but the bowl system is basically broken if the QBs start sitting out.

Another reason for an 8 team playoff

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1071422057336827904

msstate7
12-08-2018, 10:50 AM
I wish fitz was a better prospect and wanted to sit out. The bowl is basically an exhibition vs an equal team. I'd love to let key get this game in running joe's offense.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2018, 10:57 AM
I wish fitz was a better prospect and wanted to sit out. The bowl is basically an exhibition vs an equal team. I'd love to let key get this game in running joe's offense.

I somewhat agree

Cowbell
12-08-2018, 11:00 AM

Not a bad take. I don?t understand Joe?s philosophy behind not giving him many snaps this season.

TimberBeast
12-08-2018, 11:59 AM
Boy, I get it & I would never hold it against a player if they didn't want to play in a bowl game in fear of getting hurt, but the bowl system is basically broken if the QBs start sitting out.

Another reason for an 8 team playoff

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1071422057336827904

An 8 team playoff isn’t going to fix the bowl system, the 4 team playoff is what made it worse. I don’t know how to fix it but it’s a big mess

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 12:01 PM
This is the first time a QB has sat out. I don't like this at all. Wow, talk about letting your team down.

Percho
12-08-2018, 12:37 PM
What ever happened to?

For the love of the game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I42_ESLXfWI

It, happens.

TUSK
12-08-2018, 12:55 PM
An 8 team playoff isn’t going to fix the bowl system, the 4 team playoff is what made it worse. I don’t know how to fix it but it’s a big mess

That's almost exactly what MDL said....

If the CFP expands to 16 teams, I'm gonna retroactively claim the 2010 NC....***********

Cooterpoot
12-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Grier has been a selfish punk forever.

msstate7
12-08-2018, 01:23 PM
When West Virginia's tackle yodny cajuste announced he'd sit it out, no one cared. Grier is a punk though. West Virginia is playing in a meaningless bowl. Who cares? Not me

Cooterpoot
12-08-2018, 01:27 PM
Grier was a punk at FL. Some want to ignore that fact.

timotheus
12-08-2018, 01:34 PM
He's married with a child so I figure he feels that it's the right thing to do for his future. I hate the pattern of players sitting out bowl games.

TUSK
12-08-2018, 01:41 PM
Grier was a punk at FL. Some want to ignore that fact.

yeppers... my Florida guy told me that Will didn't actually pop pos for PED... it was for a substance used to mask Coke... reportedly he got clean....

I find it amusing that an alleged cokehead transferred from Florida to Appalachia...

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2018, 02:54 PM
I applaud you Will Grier

dantheman4248
12-08-2018, 03:02 PM
There is plenty of things to hate Will Grier for. Deciding not to risk his future for an unpaid game is not one of them.

Lord McBuckethead
12-08-2018, 03:20 PM
There is plenty of things to hate Will Grier for. Deciding not to risk his future for an unpaid game is not one of them.

I agree. Hell I don't even hate him for the Cike use either. I would be surprised if anyone on this board has dealt with the amount of pressure these guys deal with for 4-5 years. Wear and tear on their bodies, negative asshole on message boards, and their constant work load for four years.

Percho
12-08-2018, 03:33 PM
I agree. Hell I don't even hate him for the Cike use either. I would be surprised if anyone on this board has dealt with the amount of pressure these guys deal with for 4-5 years. Wear and tear on their bodies, negative asshole on message boards, and their constant work load for four years.

At what age do they figure out it is all about the money?

Why does a fourteen year old play football or basketball or golf or tennis or baseball or go fishing?

Hake, I want to be a pro fisherman.

Percho
12-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Dad, I can't cut the grass today, I might hurt my casting arm.

Cooterpoot
12-08-2018, 03:42 PM
By the way, Grier and his tackle are both playing in the Sr. Bowl. Not scared to risk it there are they? I think if you sit in your bowl, you shouldn’t be allowed in that game. No all star game for those that skip out.

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 03:49 PM

I would think preparing for and playing in your bowl game would help you prepare for the draft and the senior bowl. QB is really not a high risk injury position with the current rules of the game.

msstate7
12-08-2018, 03:49 PM
I would think preparing for and playing in your bowl game would help you prepare for the draft and the senior bowl. QB is really not a high risk injury position with the current rules of the game.

His best tackle withdrew from bowl yesterday so risk when up with that

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 04:02 PM
His best tackle withdrew from bowl yesterday so risk when up with that

yeah, that's true.

msbulldog
12-08-2018, 07:04 PM
This is the first time a QB has sat out. I don't like this at all. Wow, talk about letting your team down.

Would not expect any different from Will Grier, he let his first team Florida down taking PED's. He thinks only of himself. I'm so proud of our guys, none of whom are sitting out. Sweat, Simmons and Abram will all be picked ahead of Grier.
HAIL STATE!!!

maroonmania
12-08-2018, 07:35 PM

This is why I judge a coach on what happens during the regular season. Some on here scoff that a bowl game isn't given much weight when talking about a 8, 9, 10 win season but a bowl game is played nearly a month after the regular season ends with many variables including players now sitting out and coaches changing jobs. Bowls are indeed exhibition games and some teams treat them much more seriously than others.

dantheman4248
12-08-2018, 08:12 PM

1 game does not make a career but can break a career.