PDA

View Full Version : This article is spot on, and it's about Ole Miss as much if not more..,,

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2018, 11:33 PM
than it is about Hugh Freeze. Ole Miss was all in on Freeze. What they, and Freeze, did epitomizes what "Ole Miss" is all about. Freeze IS Ole Miss and Ole Miss is Freeze.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/libertys-reason-hiring-hugh-freeze-laughable-232325711.html

Howboutdemdogs
12-07-2018, 11:40 PM
Wow! Impressive and accurate!

Pollodawg
12-07-2018, 11:47 PM
Oh my......So much win.

Percho
12-08-2018, 12:25 AM
If I'm not mistaken, AD Bork was telling the same lies.

Mudhole
12-08-2018, 08:06 AM
The ultimate con artist, and hand picked by Archie manning

Coursesuper
12-08-2018, 09:03 AM
That might be the most accurate depiction of what was really going on at UMN ever written. Try and refute that Mr. Not a Fan and dipshit Brad Logan good luck.

coastratdog
12-08-2018, 09:47 AM
That program will go down in "Flames" with Coach Sleeze Freeze.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2018, 10:00 AM
What % of OM fans would want him back tomorrow ?

Martianlander
12-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Nailed it

Coursesuper
12-08-2018, 10:05 AM
What % of OM fans would want him back tomorrow ?

75%

shannondawg
12-08-2018, 10:09 AM

Is it just me, or are they not toting Archie out as much now? Maybe because of this?

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2018, 10:18 AM
75%

If not more. I think many want him back but feel dirty about it & are afraid to say it.

One of the great tragedies of the investigation is that the good & decent Ole Miss fans never got to hear what really happened. I think there are many there that would have been appalled & vow to never go down that road again, but, due to the lack of depth in the investigation, stand a good chance of having the wool pulled over their eyes again.

Coursesuper
12-08-2018, 10:34 AM
If not more. I think many want him back but feel dirty about it & are afraid to say it.

One of the great tragedies of the investigation is that the good & decent Ole Miss fans never got to hear what really happened. I think there are many there that would have been appalled & vow to never go down that road again, but, due to the lack of depth in the investigation, stand a good chance of having the wool pulled over their eyes again.

Look the reason they want him back is the disinformation campaign that goes on to this day, y'all need to get your head around that fact. The fan writers that "cover " the UNM athletics, chose not to cover anything about the investigation until it was over and then they went all in deflecting the blame to State and Leo Lewis which is a complete crock of shit. Those 17ers are the ones who the UNM faithful continue to believe and are now white washing Freezus and UNM past. This is why they would take him back they don't know or chose not to believe what really went on with Freezus.

BiscuitEater
12-08-2018, 11:57 AM
That program will go down in "Flames" with Coach Sleeze Freeze.

Liberty is just completing transition from FCS to FBS. They have a really wierd 2019 schedule. They play New Mexico State .. twice. Don't think I have ever heard of scheduling a team twice in the 'modern' football era and can only think of times that teams have played twice due to the bowl / playoff matchups.

Despite Falwell and his baggage, Liberty is a fantastic school. Have several friends here in Virginia that are more than a little upset with both the AD and HC hire. Despite what you read from OM and Bucky friendly press, the rev had more than a few that want to see him gone. Some are hoping that he really does well in '19 and hits the road.

On another note .. Liberty wins 6 games and it will be 'bowl eligible.'

08/31 - Syracuse
09/07 - at Louisiana
09/14 - Buffalo
09/21 - Hampton
09/28 - New Mexico
10/05 - at New Mexico State
10/19 - Maine
10/26 - at Rutgers
11/02 - at UMass
11/09 - at BYU
11/23 - at Virginia
11/30 - New Mexico State

yjnkdawg
12-08-2018, 03:02 PM

Bingo! They were fed the narrative the OM administration, and Athletic Department wanted the OM fans, who buy the season tickets, and support their university, to know. The MS media (mostly OM bias) was not going to rock that boat.

yjnkdawg
12-08-2018, 03:10 PM

Yep, but Archie is not the Lone Ranger in who calls the shots concerning the OM football program.

Coursesuper
12-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Yep, but Archie is not the Lone Ranger in who calls the shots concerning the OM football program.

Archie has a seat at the table but he's not the one doing the talking, that is reserved for two, one who grew up the coast and one from south Jackson.

Todd4State
12-08-2018, 07:31 PM

Freeze is/was the absolute perfect coach for them on so many levels. He was willing to play their game and risk putting his career on the line for it. He was young and ran an up tempo watered down Air Raid and wanted defenses that were blitz heavy. He painted himself as a Super-Christian and their fans could point at that as to why they were suddenly able to recruit at a high level all of a sudden and if you question it- then their fans question your faith and integrity. I think he was able to connect with all segments of their fanbase on some level. Even the rednecks- he grew up on a farm and went to USM like a lot of their bandwagon fans.

Look the reason they want him back is the disinformation campaign that goes on to this day, y'all need to get your head around that fact. The fan writers that "cover " the UNM athletics, chose not to cover anything about the investigation until it was over and then they went all in deflecting the blame to State and Leo Lewis which is a complete crock of shit. Those 17ers are the ones who the UNM faithful continue to believe and are now white washing Freezus and UNM past. This is why they would take him back they don't know or chose not to believe what really went on with Freezus.

You nailed it. The funny thing about the whole Leo Lewis thing to me is they obviously were trying to pay him but yet they aren't owning up to that. That's kind of like me buying drugs from a drug dealer and being mad at the drug dealer for turning me in when the police were questioning him. You don't want to risk getting in trouble- stop cheating so hard.

Liberty is just completing transition from FCS to FBS. They have a really wierd 2019 schedule. They play New Mexico State .. twice. Don't think I have ever heard of scheduling a team twice in the 'modern' football era and can only think of times that teams have played twice due to the bowl / playoff matchups.

Despite Falwell and his baggage, Liberty is a fantastic school. Have several friends here in Virginia that are more than a little upset with both the AD and HC hire. Despite what you read from OM and Bucky friendly press, the rev had more than a few that want to see him gone. Some are hoping that he really does well in '19 and hits the road.

On another note .. Liberty wins 6 games and it will be 'bowl eligible.'

08/31 - Syracuse
09/07 - at Louisiana
09/14 - Buffalo
09/21 - Hampton
09/28 - New Mexico
10/05 - at New Mexico State
10/19 - Maine
10/26 - at Rutgers
11/02 - at UMass
11/09 - at BYU
11/23 - at Virginia
11/30 - New Mexico State

I think Liberty is a good school too. That said we're going to find out a lot about how Freeze really is as a coach. Liberty may have a lot of money but if they start buying off players it's going to be even less believable than when Ole Miss did it. They have to win 7 games to be bowl eligible next year since they can only count one between Hampton and Maine. Liberty football does have a lot of potential- enough that they really didn't have to take on Freeze to be good.