PDA

View Full Version : Huge number of croots on campus

preachermatt83
12-07-2018, 07:43 PM
...this weekend. Mostly state commits but you got Cross and a few other uncommitted prospects as well as Ealy coming. Think we are expecting close to 20 total. Pickering cancelled his Alabama visit to come to Starkville with Jarrion on an unofficial!!

confucius say
12-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Is ealy wavering?

Dawgfan77
12-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Is ealy wavering?
My bet is he is headed to MLB

Hambone
12-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Yes, he’s wavering as is Brandon Turnage

MetEdDawg
12-07-2018, 08:37 PM
Brandon Turnage told Jarrian on twitter today to keep after him because you never know what might happen. Jarrian is after him hard.

confucius say
12-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Yes, he’s wavering as is Brandon Turnage

Mmm. Tasty

NCDawg
12-07-2018, 08:38 PM
We should sign Ealy if at all possible, even if he does sign a MLB contract. He's the best running back in Mississippi.

Lord McBuckethead
12-07-2018, 08:40 PM
We should sign Ealy if at all possible, even if he does sign a MLB contract. He's the best running back in Mississippi.

Exactly. Sign him if you can.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Don’t count on Turnage. Only shot is if Bama drops him.

Jack Lambert
12-07-2018, 09:06 PM

Plus if baseball doesn't work out for him he will still have eligibility. Doesn't mean he'll come to state.

Leroy Jenkins
12-07-2018, 09:34 PM
If you sign a kid he counts against your class total now, if he makes it to school or not. The "sign-and-place" numbers are about to go way down. I expect anyone that is doubtful to qualify will probably be cut loose.

Cowbell
12-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Is ealy wavering?

How many times has he been on campus now?

preachermatt83
12-07-2018, 10:21 PM
I look for Ealy to go to MLB but if he were to go to school I think State has a better shot to land him than OM because of GoTro. Ealy really likes GoTro and LeMo.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2018, 12:35 AM
My bet is he is headed to MLB

Wow strong prediction. Did I stumble upon a 6 month old thread?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2018, 12:36 AM
Brandon Turnage told Jarrian on twitter today to keep after him because you never know what might happen. Jarrian is after him hard.

Hmmmm. Interesting.

Hambone
12-08-2018, 01:28 AM
In hind sight, Diwuan Black was the same way with Jarrion as well, so there is that

Dawgfan77
12-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Wow strong prediction. Did I stumble upon a 6 month old thread?
Interesting thing about Ealy. Lives in walnut grove. That?s south Leake County on the border of Scott County, uncle is Art Gardner but he goes to Jackson Prep.

Food for thought

DownwardDawg
12-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Interesting thing about Ealy. Lives in walnut grove. That?s south Leake County on the border of Scott County, uncle is Art Gardner but he goes to Jackson Prep.

Food for thought

I have no idea what that means. Is that some kind of code?

preachermatt83
12-08-2018, 11:42 AM
I have no idea what that means. Is that some kind of code?

He's just stating the fact that Ealy lives in walnut grove/pea ridge area (between forest and Carthage) and he goes to school in Jackson

Spiderman
12-08-2018, 12:20 PM

Food for thought

Mama lives in Carthage. He comes "home" on weekends.

He "lives" in the metro area

NCDawg
12-08-2018, 12:30 PM
He's just stating the fact that Ealy lives in walnut grove/pea ridge area (between forest and Carthage) and he goes to school in Jackson

So, what does that have to do with the price of eggs? I think Tyler Murray, the Oklahoma QB and Heisman candidate, signed a 5M baseball contract with San Diego, and still plays college football. My understanding is that a player can sign a professional contract in one sport and not lose college eligibility in another sport.

Coursesuper
12-08-2018, 12:32 PM

* Wow that's really amazing!*

msstate7
12-08-2018, 01:00 PM

Kid is getting one of the best educations you can get in this state. Good for him... he certainly isn't getting at education at leake academy or leake county schools

Coursesuper
12-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Kid is getting one of the best educations you can get in this state. Good for him... he certainly isn't getting at education at leake academy or leake county schools

"Juuust a bit outside".

Dawgfan77
12-08-2018, 01:12 PM
You gots issues with LA...

Point I?m making is having grown up in LC I cannot think of one person who went to prep from LC. You figure it out from there

msstate7
12-08-2018, 01:15 PM

Point I?m making is having grown up in LC I cannot think of one person who went to prep from LC. You figure it out from there

I just don't get bent out of shape over where a kid goes to HS. I like school choice.

No problem with leake academy, but it's isn't JA

I seen it dawg
12-08-2018, 01:21 PM
This horse has already been made into envelope sealer

Cooterpoot
12-08-2018, 01:25 PM
Why the hell some of you want to attempt to throw shade on a kid we’re trying to sign? GTFO with that shit.

msstate7
12-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Why the hell some of you want to attempt to throw shade on a kid we’re trying to sign? GTFO with that shit.

Let's assume ealy flips today (no idea if that's even remotely possible)... would we allow him to sign in December with him such an mlb risk?

captaindog
12-08-2018, 01:55 PM

Why in the world are you throwing some unfounded allegation against a prospect? I work with a Prep family that lives in Simpson County and know at least two that live north of Canton. Prep is in Flowood up Lakeland Drive from Jackson. It?s a straight shot to the Carthage area. It has an outstanding football program and he is obviously going to get a much better education.

NCDawg
12-08-2018, 01:55 PM
Let's assume ealy flips today (no idea if that's even remotely possible)... would we allow him to sign in December with him such an mlb risk?

The answer in no uncertain terms is, Hell, yeah!

msbulldog
12-08-2018, 06:47 PM
"Juuust a bit outside".

Private school totally legal.

fader2103
12-08-2018, 07:36 PM
Ealy's father lives in Rankin Co. he is over there a good bit.

I seen it dawg
12-08-2018, 07:54 PM
What does it matter? This is super old news. Hey shitbirds he ain't coming to you.

Spiderman
12-09-2018, 12:11 AM
Why in the world are you throwing some unfounded allegation against a prospect? I work with a Prep family that lives in Simpson County and know at least two that live north of Canton. Prep is in Flowood up Lakeland Drive from Jackson. It?s a straight shot to the Carthage area. It has an outstanding football program and he is obviously going to get a much better education.

I think the point he is trying to make is that everyone that seems to get "adopted" always seem to end up committing to OM. Ealy ain't living with any blood relatives in Rankin county

Dawgfan77
12-09-2018, 08:55 AM
I think the point he is trying to make is that everyone that seems to get "adopted" always seem to end up committing to OM. Ealy ain't living with any blood relatives in Rankin county

Thank you spider. This is exactly all I?m saying. We have him in on an official visit but we won?t sign him. That?s is all I?m saying