PDA

View Full Version : So Grambling forfeits their game against JSU?

Behrdawg
10-18-2013, 10:48 PM
And JSU will go ahead and hold all of their homecoming festivities and play a scrimmage.

What a shit storm.

I could careless, but it could be a decent topic for discussion.

Political Hack
10-18-2013, 10:54 PM
pretty pitiful it came to that. If the Grambling players really had to ride for a 20 hour bus trip without a meal, I can understand why. To treat someone like that just to shop them off and earn $750,000 for a loss is BS. Kids deserve better.

Heard two coaches have already been fired for objecting to the treatment as well. This should be a national story by Monday.

Behrdawg
10-18-2013, 11:07 PM
pretty pitiful it came to that. If the Grambling players really had to ride for a 20 hour bus trip without a meal, I can understand why. To treat someone like that just to shop them off and earn $750,000 for a loss is BS. Kids deserve better.

Heard two coaches have already been fired for objecting to the treatment as well. This should be a national story by Monday.

Totally agree Hack. If thats the way they are going to operate their football program, the shouldnt have one. Reminds me of the water Bobby Boucher saw when he first saw that tin pale at S.E.L.S.U.

trob115
10-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Sad if thats how they were treated. I think espn will probably have an OTL or some other special on it.

Behrdawg
10-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Sad if thats how they were treated. I think espn will probably have an OTL or some other special on it.

They just spoke about it on Gameday. Mold growing in their locker rooms? Unsanitary weight rooms? You cant make this shit up. Staph is so prevalent in football, I don't blame them.

trob115
10-19-2013, 09:58 AM
They just spoke about it on Gameday. Mold growing in their locker rooms? Unsanitary weight rooms? You cant make this shit up. Staph is so prevalent in football, I don't blame them.
I don't either. You're playing with fire with that kind of environment. Sounds like they need to suspend all athletics until they can get all of their facilities and administration fixed.

Bo Darville
10-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Very simple problem here. They can't financially afford to buy meals for players, fix facilities, etc. The money passes through the administration before it gets to the facilities and players, and "somehow" a lot gets taken off the top. This is status quo for SWAC colleges, and also cities in the southeast run by SWAC alums. Look at Jackson claiming they don't have money to fix aging sewer infrastructure. Where has all the money that Madison, Ridgeland, Flowood, etc. paid to Jackson for sewer treatment and transport gone? Some was misused, and some "disappeared".

Behrdawg
10-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Very simple problem here. They can't financially afford to buy meals for players, fix facilities, etc. The money passes through the administration before it gets to the facilities and players, and "somehow" a lot gets taken off the top. This is status quo for SWAC colleges, and also cities in the southeast run by SWAC alums. Look at Jackson claiming they don't have money to fix aging sewer infrastructure. Where has all the money that Madison, Ridgeland, Flowood, etc. paid to Jackson for sewer treatment and transport gone? Some was misused, and some "disappeared".

Very true. What are these admins doing with this money? Its a damned shame, those kids deserve better than that.

Bo Darville
10-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Very true. What are these admins doing with this money? Its a damned shame, those kids deserve better than that.

Absolutely they deserve better. The higher-ups are robbing the coaches and players blind. It's a bad deal. I absolutely hate to see players boycott, but I think they had justification in this case.