PDA

View Full Version : The only 3 Star Bama has committed is a kicker.

Jack Lambert
12-07-2018, 10:11 AM
But on the other hand they only have one five star committed.

Side note: For the first time in months we have passed Ole Miss in the recruiting rankings. What happened?

starkvegasdawg
12-07-2018, 11:09 AM
Side note: For the first time in months we have passed Ole Miss in the recruiting rankings. What happened?

Loaner car from Canon broke down on the way to being dropped off.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2018, 11:51 AM

You also have to remember that Ole Miss's highest rated recruit will never play a down for them. So if you care about recruiting rankings you should remove him from their list.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2018, 12:02 PM

Ole Miss' recruiting class is a farce.

- first off, their top recruit Ealy, won't play for them. Remove him & they only have 219 points, which would rank them 24th in the country country

- Additionally, they have 26 commits while everyone else has 20-22. So, if we knocked off their bottom 4 recruits, which is best case for them, they would have 229 points, which would rank them 20th

- Their average star ranking is 87.43, which would put them at 24th in the country.

- Additionally, if we take off the players that will never play for them on their commitment list, Ealy & Jackson (grades), their point total with 24 commits, then becomes 210 points, which would put them currently at 28th & that would likely go down into the 30s as the teams near them add commitments.

So, all that to say, Ole Miss' recruiting class is propped up by players that won't play for them, &, if signed as is, will put them further behind in the SEC West rather than helping them makeup ground

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2018, 12:23 PM

Also, FWIW, if we land Cross this weekend, we'll bypass Arkansas on the current rankings & be ranked 16th

Lastly, I think we moved up a little because Witherspoon was re-evaluated. He went from an 84 to an 87.

We've got a few other guys like Jerrian Jones. DJ James, & maybe even Witherspoon that could all get bumped at the MS/AL game next week.

DanDority
12-07-2018, 12:37 PM
- first off, their top recruit Ealy, won't play for them.

How do you know this? Just asking because I don't keep up with recruiting.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2018, 01:01 PM

Because it's about 95% certain that he goes in the top 20 picks of the MLB draft & gets offered a signing bonus of around 3 million dollars or greater

NCDawg
12-07-2018, 01:04 PM

I have the same question about Ealy. I see where he is visiting State this week-end and intends to visit Ole Miss, Clemson and Alabama, and that he's not signing during the early signing period. Several of the more frequent posters on this board are convinced that he will sign a pro baseball contract, and that it doesn't matter whether he is committed to Ole Miss or not.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2018, 01:05 PM
I have the same question about Ealy. I see where he is visiting State this week-end and intends to visit Ole Miss, Clemson and Alabama, and that he's not signing during the early signing period. Several of the more frequent posters on this board are convinced that he will sign a pro baseball contract, and that it doesn't matter whether he is committed to Ole Miss or not.

It doesn't matter where he signs. It'll give someone a good rankings bump, but that's it

yjnkdawg
12-07-2018, 08:48 PM

I have never seen a kicker rated higher than a 3*even if he was the top rated high school kicker in the country. The only reason that they were ahead of us in the recruiting rankings were because they had more commits. Quantity and not quality.

Pit Bull
12-07-2018, 09:00 PM
I have never seen a kicker rated higher than a 3*even if he was the top rated high school kicker in the country. The only reason that they were ahead of us in the recruiting rankings were because they had more commits. Quantity and not quality.

This is 100% true...….in kicker ratings land, a 3 star kicker is equivalent to a 5 star anything else.

TUSK
12-07-2018, 09:05 PM
This is 100% true...….in kicker ratings land, a 3 star kicker is equivalent to a 5 star anything else.

Yup, Bammer prolly signs more 3*s than y'all think (I'd guess ~3ish/year), but they are usually K, LS, other ST type, APB, ATH, Projects/Diamonds/Legacy types, or maybe a kid at a school with which they want to maintain a good relationship....

msstate7
12-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Add another 5-star

TUSK
12-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Add another 5-star

Yeppers... big get, there... Poor Jimbo (Northern Version)....

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 10:17 PM

Man, ya'll are really making the Michigan fans cry over this one. 1 safety in the country.

msstate7
12-09-2018, 11:36 AM

Saban got the other jimbo too

TUSK
12-09-2018, 11:40 AM
Saban got the other jimbo too

Yeppers... big get, there... Poor Jimbo (Southern Version)....