PDA

View Full Version : Basketball v Clemson on Saturday

chef dixon
12-06-2018, 07:32 PM
Marcquise Reed, Clemsons best player is questionable with a knee sprain.

Absolutely a must win. They are not the same caliber Sweet 16 squad as last year.

msstate7
12-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Good test for this team. I think we answer the bell

MarketingBully
12-06-2018, 11:19 PM
We win that one and we need to have a packed Hump against Cincinnati. Those would be huge OOC wins that would pretty much guarantee an NCAA tournament birth with an 9-9 record or better in the SEC.

fishwater99
12-07-2018, 12:28 AM
Hope more than 200 people show up.

Big4Dawg
12-07-2018, 12:30 AM
Hope more than 200 people show up.

It's away so no doubt they will

RougeDawg
12-07-2018, 12:46 AM
Better play more than 20 minutes with effort.

Pit Bull
12-07-2018, 02:21 AM
Marcquise Reed, Clemsons best player is questionable with a knee sprain.

Absolutely a must win. They are not the same caliber Sweet 16 squad as last year.

Have no idea what type team Clemson has this year. Needless to say, even the worst ACC team in basketball would be a good test for most programs. Just hope we start off energized, instead of digging a big hole which we may or may not get out of.

Ari Gold
12-07-2018, 10:20 AM
2-1 over the next 3 games is vital
Don’t sleep on Wofford .. very solid basketball team

Irondawg
12-07-2018, 10:42 AM
I'm still looking for someone to impose their will on this team - whether it's a coach or a player - and give it an identity. On most nights we look like about 4 different teams throughout different stretches of the game. We'll work the offense for 4 great shots in a row and then follow it up with 4 terrible possessions. We'll play great defense for 10 minutes and then look totally disinterested on that end the next 5 minutes.

Most everybody I talk to that has some good basketball knowledge has come to the same conclusion: We are very talented and could easily make a sweet 16 run, but it's not enjoyable to watch them play most of the time.

I agree though - we need to go 2-1 these next 3

tcdog70
12-07-2018, 12:15 PM
we just need for the GOOD Peters to show up.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2018, 12:38 PM
We win that one and we need to have a packed Hump against Cincinnati. Those would be huge OOC wins that would pretty much guarantee an NCAA tournament birth with an 9-9 record or better in the SEC.

The students will be gone, a packed Hump won't happen.

Pit Bull
12-07-2018, 01:38 PM
The students will be gone, a packed Hump won't happen.

Then the GTR fence-sitter fans should be implored to come out and support the team. Maybe a ticket reduction price....say like a $5 special for any upper level ducat. Run a few TV and radio ads during the week. Cincy game is too important to only have a couple thousand fans there.

RougeDawg
12-07-2018, 01:55 PM
Ado needs limited minutes from here on out. Never seen someone with that frame and potential, waste it because they have the strength of a prepubescent boy.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Ado needs limited minutes from here on out. Never seen someone with that frame and potential, waste it because they have the strength of a prepubescent boy.

We don't beat Dayton without Ado.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2018, 02:41 PM

Fans are always tougher on big men. Ado is a valuable player. I do hope we we continue to give Perry more minutes as long as his conditioning is there.

RougeDawg
12-07-2018, 02:46 PM

Every game I?ve watched he has done more to hurt our efforts than to aid our efforts.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Every game I?ve watched he has done more to hurt our efforts than to aid our efforts.

We're watching different games. He didn't have a great game Tuesday defensively but he wasn't trash either. He's the anchor of our defense. His offense has improved too he just doesn't get near the touches. He's still not a finished product but his post moves are a lot better this year.

Ari Gold
12-07-2018, 03:31 PM

This will be fun.
Good luck IYOK you need it with this 100% accurate post

MarketingBully
12-07-2018, 10:56 PM
We're watching different games. He didn't have a great game Tuesday defensively but he wasn't trash either. He's the anchor of our defense. His offense has improved too he just doesn't get near the touches. He's still not a finished product but his post moves are a lot better this year.

I think he was still bothered by the ankle on Tuesday. I think we get a better effort from him tomorrow. I like how Perry is developing as well. Need a big game from our bigs (Ado, Holman, Perry) and I think we will get it.

TALL DAWG
12-08-2018, 07:59 AM
2-1 over the next 3 games is vital
Don?t sleep on Wofford .. very solid basketball team

Go 2 and 1 over next 3?
We NEED TO SWEEP the next 3!
We have our best non-conf schedule in years and supposably our best team in 9-10 years.
It is TIME to DAWG up! NO more excuses.

HoopsDawg
12-08-2018, 11:59 AM
Reed is officially out. Dude is averaging 19 a game. Gotta win.

mparkerfd20
12-08-2018, 12:09 PM
I'm already chalking this one in the L column.

Political Hack
12-08-2018, 12:12 PM

One of the most improved guys on the team since he arrived on campus. And one of our best and smartest defensive players. People look at the stat line and don't see it, but teams need guys like Ado. Unselfish. Good rebounder. Great post presence defensively. Doesn't turn the ball over. Understands who needs to be shooting and doesn't fight it.

MarketingBully
12-08-2018, 01:37 PM
I'm already chalking this one in the L column.

Their best player is out. We will win this one.

msstate7
12-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Their best player is out. We will win this one.
Too early to say must win, but this is pretty close

WSOPdawg
12-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Heads up -- Our game vs Clemson is on ESPN2 at 3:00, but our next opponent (Cincinnati next Saturday at the Hump) is currently playing ahead of our game on ESPN2 as well (against Xavier).

gravedigger
12-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Then the GTR fence-sitter fans should be implored to come out and support the team. Maybe a ticket reduction price....say like a $5 special for any upper level ducat. Run a few TV and radio ads during the week. Cincy game is too important to only have a couple thousand fans there.

GTR folks aren?t fence sitting. They aren?t coming back.