PDA

View Full Version : Iowa

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Do they score 10 points on us? I doubt it. Their best player sitting out wont help them. I hate that for them but love it for us. They are going to struggle to get first downs.

Do we score more than 20? They are very well coached and wont make many mistakes defensively. Pretty physical. Are they SEC physical? Maybe maybe not. But they are good on D

timotheus
12-06-2018, 07:09 PM
27-13 final MSU win

Commercecomet24
12-06-2018, 08:00 PM
24-6 Dawgs. I know we aren't psu and it's a different season but in 2016 joe put up 550+ yards with over 300 rushing and in 2017 550+ again with 295 rushing. Joe must know how to attack Iowa's D. Hope he carries that knowledge into the bowl game lol

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2018, 08:45 PM
24-6 Dawgs. I know we aren't psu and it's a different season but in 2016 joe put up 550+ yards with over 300 rushing and in 2017 550+ again with 295 rushing. Joe must know how to attack Iowa's D. Hope he carries that knowledge into the bowl game lol

They remind me of Kansas St. Not this year bc KSU was down this year some but a normal KSU team.

We are 2 TDs better but they have a way of keeping it close.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2018, 08:50 PM
They remind me of Kansas St. Not this year bc KSU was down this year some but a normal KSU team.

We are 2 TDs better but they have a way of keeping it close.

Agreed. They're disciplined and well coached and don't beat themselves.

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2018, 08:54 PM
Agreed. They're disciplined and well coached and don't beat themselves.

Should be a good challenge for us. Moorhead is going against a team that his offense has shredded so maybe it will carry over.

I tend to think what he has done against them in the past wont mean a thing in this one. But like I said, its a game we should win

Joe Schmedlap
12-06-2018, 08:58 PM
JoMo's previous offense had a much more effective QB for the style of offense

Commercecomet24
12-06-2018, 08:59 PM
Should be a good challenge for us. Moorhead is going against a team that his offense has shredded so maybe it will carry over.

I tend to think what he has done against them in the past wont mean a thing in this one. But like I said, its a game we should win

Yeah it's gonna be a physical game and a real test for us. Joe definitely knows how to attack them but can we execute like psu did. That's the question. Our defense will keep the score low and as long as we don't turn the ball over should win by a couple scores.

Todd4State
12-06-2018, 09:25 PM
Yeah it's gonna be a physical game and a real test for us. Joe definitely knows how to attack them but can we execute like psu did. That's the question. Our defense will keep the score low and as long as we don't turn the ball over should win by a couple scores.

I think turnovers is pretty much going to be the key to winning this game in particular.

It looks to me based on the small amount of video I have seen that Iowa likes to play a lot of zone defense. Eiland needs to have a good day blocking 94 for them or we could have some problems.

BuckyIsAB****
12-06-2018, 10:05 PM
I think turnovers is pretty much going to be the key to winning this game in particular.

It looks to me based on the small amount of video I have seen that Iowa likes to play a lot of zone defense. Eiland needs to have a good day blocking 94 for them or we could have some problems.

94 (whoever that is) is going to find out how good he is because we will be one of the best rushing offenses they have seen. Their entire DL is going to see how good they are

Ifyouonlyknew
12-06-2018, 10:09 PM
If we don't turn it over it won't be close.

IowaFan
12-06-2018, 10:55 PM
I can actually see Iowa keeping it close for the 1st half, maybe down 10 - 3 or something at half.
Late 3rd quarter, our D will be getting tired, and be vulnerable.
4th quarter will be when MSU puts up a few more TDs

Recreationalgynecologist
12-06-2018, 11:02 PM
JoMo's previous offense had a much more effective QB for the style of offense

and he had Saquon Barkley and good WRs. Iowa has 26-27 guys in the NFL, not sure if they're worried about "physical" football.

BuckyIsAB****
12-07-2018, 12:55 AM
and he had Saquon Barkley and good WRs. Iowa has 26-27 guys in the NFL, not sure if they're worried about "physical" football.

They are about to play the most physical team they've seen all year

Recreationalgynecologist
12-07-2018, 01:46 AM
Why? Are they about to play Alabama or face the Wisconsin OL again?

Theiacowtipper
12-07-2018, 02:04 PM
94 (whoever that is) is going to find out how good he is because we will be one of the best rushing offenses they have seen. Their entire DL is going to see how good they are

That?s Epenesa, the highest rated recruit Iowa has gotten in years. As a lineman, he is better rushing the passer than against the run. Iowa basically rotates two complete sets of defensive linemen without significant drop off.

Iowa doesn?t have anything to worry about preparing for the physical nature of MSU. That?s B1G football. Wisconsin, Michigan State, Penn State are not shrinking violets.

Iowa will have their hands full with the speed of the defensive linemen I?m sure. Should be a good game and MSU is rightly favored.

dawgday166
12-07-2018, 02:32 PM
Why? Are they about to play Alabama or face the Wisconsin OL again?

We're more physical than Bama this year. Take the refs out of that game and it's 10-7 in TTown. They have better skill players on offense that we do and by a large margin too. Our D and Olines more physical than they are tho. And yes, I do know that is hard to believe but his year it is true.

dawgday166
12-07-2018, 02:38 PM
If we don't turn it over it won't be close.

I think so too.