PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going to the Bowl Game. I've heard not to stay near the stadium.

Saltydog
12-05-2018, 01:50 PM
I don't know that for a fact but I've read it. Anyway, where are the majority of our fans staying? I've read Ybor City is nice and while I've been to Tampa I've never been in/around this area. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Jack Lambert
12-05-2018, 02:06 PM
I am staying in Wesley Chapel

MedDawg
12-05-2018, 02:32 PM
We wanted to be closer to bars/restaurants so we got a hotel room in the Epicurean in Hyde Park for 3 nights then the Don CeSar in St. Pete for the 4th night.

The Sailport condo was a good deal with terrific bay views and only 5.4 miles to the stadium. I'd recommend it or my current choices..

Political Hack
12-05-2018, 03:56 PM
JJ Grey and Mofro like Ybor City.

duncflydawg
12-05-2018, 05:04 PM
I don't know that for a fact but I've read it. Anyway, where are the majority of our fans staying? I've read Ybor City is nice and while I've been to Tampa I've never been in/around this area. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Ummm... wel it depends on what you want. Around the stadium is very office building/new apartments (to the west towards the airport). To the east is lower income single family houses, probably not even hotels over there to stay in. To the south is a Best Buy, Walmart , Target etc and a couple strip clubs which seems weird as the area isn?t a shady place at all (no offense to those of you who frequent those establishments). Ybor City is doing a lot to clean up its act but 10 years ago while I was in Tampa, kids were getting stabbed outside of the clubs at night and it was just a shady place. Lots of super fun clubs and bars, but it wasn?t a place you wanted to be out alone. During the day it is fine. I wouldn?t recommend staying there with a family though. If you don?t mind a small drive (may save you some money too) I would recommend the New Tampa/Wesley Chapel area, even some decent areas around The University if South Florida. But if you are looking to party like a single dude/dudette be sure to hit up Ybor!

Mjoelner34
12-05-2018, 06:22 PM
We're staying out on Rocky Point.

BogeyGolfer
12-05-2018, 06:28 PM

It depends on how long you are staying and what your plans are. We are staying near the airport (guy trip). We are two miles to the stadium and a 5 mile uber ride to Yrbor City. But we are only staying two nights....If I were staying 3-5 nights with the family, I would stay in St.Pete Beach.

DogsofAnarchy
12-05-2018, 06:32 PM
The hotels around USF are nice and it’s a straight shot to the stadium.

Howboutdemdogs
12-05-2018, 07:57 PM
We are staying at the beach in St Pete. VRBO

Behrdawg
12-05-2018, 10:43 PM
My family lived in Tampa for several years. I've been many times. Stay away from the stadium area. It sucks. Ybor City, St Pete, or Clearwater.