PDA

View Full Version : For those going to the bowl game

starkvegasdawg
12-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Please remember to bring your cowbell and pack another in case the person next to you doesn't have one.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/outback-bowl-officials-make-announcement-in-regards-to-cowbells-inside-the-stadium.85410/

Jack Lambert
12-05-2018, 11:52 AM
Bring one for a little kid from the opposing team. I do. Seems there is always some little kid who wants one. It makes their day.

Hawkeyegoofball
12-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Please remember to bring your cowbell and pack another in case the person next to you doesn't have one.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/outback-bowl-officials-make-announcement-in-regards-to-cowbells-inside-the-stadium.85410/

How's this whole thing work? Can we do a cow bell exchange thingy?

Should we (fans of both teams) wave cow bells at the end of the first quarter (ESPN will stay live if we do). If Iowa printed up some cowbells with 'The Wave' written on it we could commemorate, sell and donate funds to the children's hospital. Could also put proceeds toward a children's hospital/clinic in or near Starkville.

Could give cowbells to the kids (Iowa City) @ the hospital/MS clinic and do a split screen shot of them and the fans. Would be good for both schools and increase awareness for the children, north and south.

Let me know and I'll spread the word. I know a few folks.

Could be an excellent thing.

Dawgbite
12-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Is it OK for Iowa fans to bring their cowbells so there is consistent and constant ambiance for both teams across 3+ hours, or would that approach be inappropriate?

How's this whole thing work?

I'm assuming Iowa is going to pipe in cow bell music (is that a thing?) during practices leading up to the game.

Let me know and I'll spread the word.

:)

Actually it is a thing. Most all SEC teams have a Cowbell mix tape for practice prior to our games . I personally don't think that we will have enough fans travel for you to get the full effect. Cowbell Lite maybe.

Jack Lambert
12-05-2018, 12:43 PM
Is it OK for Iowa fans to bring their cowbells so there is consistent and constant ambiance for both teams across 3+ hours, or would that approach be inappropriate?

How's this whole thing work? Can we do a cow bell exchange thingy? Should we wave cow bells at the end of the first quarter - if Iowa printed up some cowbells with 'The Wave' written on it we could donate funds to the children's hospital.

Let me know and I'll spread the word. I know a few folks.

Could be an excellent thing.

If you bring your cow bell I guess the same rules will apply to you. The rule is simple. As long as the centers hand is not on the ball we can ring the bell. Once his hand goes on the ball we stop. Once the ball is snap we ring the bell. Same rules that applies to the band applies to the cowbell. If you never heard 60k cowbells ringing at one time it is a sound unlike any other.

Howboutdemdogs
12-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Last year we had the pleasure to give a bell to one of the kids in need that was honored at the Gator Bowl last year. His mom has send a couple of pics and text since last year. We plan to bring a couple of extra bells to do give away. To see the smile on the kids face last year was priceless!

Dawgbite
12-05-2018, 12:51 PM
Last year we had the pleasure to give a bell to one of the kids in need that was honored at the Gator Bowl last year. His mom has send a couple of pics and text since last year. We plan to bring a couple of extra bells to do give away. To see the smile on the kids face last year was priceless!

That's a great idea. If you take Paypal, DM me your info and I will give you some money to buy a couple of bells to give to kids at the game. I'm probably not going to make it this year.

Howboutdemdogs
12-05-2018, 06:05 PM
No PayPal Dawgbite, but I will make sure that one is given in your honor along with ED.

Dawgbite
12-05-2018, 07:45 PM
I was going to furnish their first sticker too! And while you are at, get something something really nice for yourself!