msstate7
12-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Come on dawgs. Sick of these slow starts

mparkerfd20
12-04-2018, 08:11 PM
We look like hot steaming shit.

MarketingBully
12-04-2018, 08:25 PM
This team starts slower then any MSU team I’ve seen. Part of it is they just don’t play defense for the first 10 minutes of any game this year. Holman has to play better then he is tonight.

MarketingBully
12-04-2018, 08:35 PM
This team not giving a shit tonight. 1 point game with 3 minutes to go in the first half. I know we will win but these shit starts are concerning. Clemson will wipe the floor with us if we start like this on Saturday. McNeese State sucks.

msstate7
12-04-2018, 08:38 PM
We're tied with around 1:30 to go to half with a team we're favored by 29 over. This 1st half crap is getting old

maroonmania
I just don't get this basketball team. Glad we decided to play the last 5 minutes and pulled it out against Dayton but struggling with McNeese tonight at HOME? And ALWAYS starting games like they don't give a crap. So much talent but we are playing nowhere up to our potential.

WSOPdawg
Sonofabitch!!! Sometimes a coach needs to go off on his team. 17n effort on defense is crap!!!

maroonmania
12-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Sonofabitch!!! Sometimes a coach needs to go off on his team. 17n effort on defense is crap!!!

Yep, already given up 40 points and the first half isn't even over.

MarketingBully
12-04-2018, 08:41 PM
No defense. A zone would have been great to use here since we are half ass playing.

Dawg2003
Our defense is soft. Just letting them score at will down low. And what happened to Holman? He's regressed.

HoopsDawg
Lamar is playing outstanding.

chef dixon
Just going to have to accept that this is our team and the same they have essentially been for the better part of 3 years. Never going to be easy to watch, but good enough on some days to compete with good teams.

msstate7
We losing at the half to mcneese state by 3. This is unacceptable

MarketingBully
12-04-2018, 08:42 PM

This is Howland.

WSOPdawg
12-04-2018, 08:42 PM
Our defense is soft. Just letting them score at will down low. And what happened to Holman? He's regressed.

He's definitely been stinking the court up the last few games.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2018, 08:45 PM
You can't have a half like that against a team like McNeese. That was just awful. There was NO inside presence AT ALL.

WSOPdawg
12-04-2018, 08:45 PM

We'll still win the game, but a good team shows up each and every time as opposed to playing to the level of their competition. I think Nick is the closest on-the-court leader that we have that will get on his team mates and we need to see that more as the season goes on. You hold each other accountable and half-assing it should not be acceptable.

Irondawg
12-04-2018, 08:46 PM
What is this zone defense you speak of?

And we need to start outnin a full court press tonget these guys engaged

msstate7
12-04-2018, 08:48 PM
We'll still win the game, but a good team shows up each and every time as opposed to playing to the level of their competition. I think Nick is the closest on-the-court leader that we have that will get on his team mates and we need to see that more as the season goes on. You hold each other accountable and half-assing it should not be acceptable.

Yeah, I'm not worried about losing. I'm just sick of us not playing at a high level to start a game. We won't beat good teams with this recipe

maroonmania
12-04-2018, 08:50 PM

Probably so, we absolutely suck in almost every first half we play.

Cloak
12-04-2018, 08:57 PM
We will win this game, but stats don't lie. We've shot 15 3s to their 3. Shooting this many 3s will handicap us all year. As long as we keep jacking this many up, we will never be relevant

BayouDawg
12-04-2018, 09:02 PM
We are an unintelligent basketball team

KOdawg1
12-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Ado hasn't fixed his dick hands I see.

BayouDawg
12-04-2018, 09:07 PM
finally a little bit of life.

maroonmania
12-04-2018, 09:08 PM
We will win this game, but stats don't lie. We've shot 15 3s to their 3. Shooting this many 3s will handicap us all year. As long as we keep jacking this many up, we will never be relevant

Coaching problem. If Howland and staff really wanted them to do something different they would.

Dawg61
12-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Coaching problem. If Howland and staff really wanted them to do something different they would.

Howland is too nice

maroonmania
12-04-2018, 09:12 PM
You would actually think we would be a better 3 point shooting team. I mean, we get so much practice at it.***

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Much better. It started on the defensive end, as it always does.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Missed the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half. Did we finally tighten the defense up or did they quit making shot?

Its incredible to me how bipolar we are from the 1st to 2nd half every single game.

Bully13
12-04-2018, 09:23 PM
I'm guessing I'm sol here in ft worth with direct tv

Bully13
12-04-2018, 09:29 PM
Espn.com says we're winning by 20. Quit urinating while sitting.

maroonmania
12-04-2018, 09:43 PM
If Lamar Peters shot 3 pointers like this every game I would have no problem with how ever many he wanted to jack up.

Cooterpoot
12-04-2018, 09:46 PM
Fall behind, come back to win. Except vs real teams and we come up short. Same thing every game almost.

maroonmania
12-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Fall behind, come back to win. Except vs real teams and we come up short. Same thing every game almost.

We are definitely consistent. Nobody can deny that.

Lord McBuckethead
12-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Good win. Against these lesser teams, we need to work on setting good screens and working the ball inside. We may have to do that at some point, might as well get good at it before then. Reference, see our 3pt season percentage.

RougeDawg
12-04-2018, 09:54 PM
One thing we never do is crash down for offensive rebounds on a deep shot. Everyone starts back peddling And1 style as of the shot is always going on.

chef dixon
12-04-2018, 09:54 PM
Clemson snuck out a win against St Peters today. Not exactly a power house

robert
12-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Perry needs 25 minutes....Ado 15.

MarketingBully
12-04-2018, 09:58 PM
Good win. Against these lesser teams, we need to work on setting good screens and working the ball inside. We may have to do that at some point, might as well get good at it before then. Reference, see our 3pt season percentage.

In these games we need to just turn up the defensive intensity at the tip. We pressured the perimeter and made it hard for them to get it inside then when they did we made a concerted effort to double the post to create bad shots or turnovers in the second half. If we started games like that on the defensive end, we would be tough as hell to beat.

RocketDawg
12-04-2018, 10:26 PM
I'm guessing I'm sol here in ft worth with direct tv

With DirecTV you have streaming ability for ESPN+. The games are almost always on there. I watched a little of tonight's game using my Roku, but it really was boring, and the crowd was almost non-existent.

Couldn't tell if any students were there or not, but these out-of-conference games are usually nothing more than scrimmages, unless it's something like the Dayton game a few nights ago.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2018, 10:26 PM

It's time to insert Perry into the starting lineup.

tcdog70
12-04-2018, 10:36 PM
How does a 6'11" chiseled dude who seems to be atheletic rebound like he is slow and 5'9"? Ado had 3 rebounds, come on Man hit the 17ing boards and play defense.

BayouDawg
12-04-2018, 10:48 PM
We have some very good pieces. We have size down low, athletic guards and speed. We just have not put it all together. If we ever could we could make some noise for sure.

MetEdDawg
12-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Good thing tonight is that we came out with a decent enough victory. Bama gave up a 22 point halftime lead to Georgia State and lost

dawgday166
12-04-2018, 11:02 PM
Good thing tonight is that we came out with a decent enough victory. Bama gave up a 22 point halftime lead to Georgia State and lost

Good!! I want them to lose every game.

Dawg61
12-04-2018, 11:26 PM

Love that Bama lost but Georgia State and McNeese State are not comparable shitty programs. Only one of them lives in the dumper and that's McNeese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmcOo-bGJp0

msstate7
12-04-2018, 11:30 PM
Love that Bama lost but Georgia State and McNeese State are not comparable shitty programs. Only one of them lives in the dumper and that's McNeese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmcOo-bGJp0

While you're right, the 22-point halftime lead for bama makes that loss dump worthy

MarketingBully
12-05-2018, 08:29 AM
How does a 6'11" chiseled dude who seems to be atheletic rebound like he is slow and 5'9"? Ado had 3 rebounds, come on Man hit the 17ing boards and play defense.

They were saying last night his ankle could still be bothering him which I can give him a pass on that. Even with that said, we need more from Holman. Luckily this year we have Perry but Holman needs to show up every game since this is his senior year. I saw no effort on defense by him at all in the first half which is what led to them scoring easily in the paint. If Holman keeps playing like he did last night Perry needs to start for him.

msugolf
12-05-2018, 08:44 AM
They were saying last night his ankle could still be bothering him which I can give him a pass on that. Even with that said, we need more from Holman. Luckily this year we have Perry but Holman needs to show up every game since this is his senior year. I saw no effort on defense by him at all in the first half which is what led to them scoring easily in the paint. If Holman keeps playing like he did last night Perry needs to start for him.

We still seem to be too much of a finesse team without any type of identity. What makes this team go? Hitting 3s? We seem lethargic and several guys loaf/play with no urgency. You do have a couple of guys busting it but all it takes is 1 or 2 not giving effort and it makes everyone else look bad.

thf24
12-05-2018, 08:51 AM
They were saying last night his ankle could still be bothering him which I can give him a pass on that.

It appeared to me that the effort was there but he just wasn't elevating, so that would make sense. Hope he gets over it quickly because we're going to give up a ton of offensive rebounds without his full presence.

Perry needs to start and get 25-30 minutes simply because he's our only player who can get his own shot down low against any matchup. If Howland's going to insist on sticking with this NBA half-court approach of mostly iso's and simple screens, we've got to be able to create both at the perimeter and inside. We're more or less set for the former, but Perry's our only option for the latter. Holman can only operate inside effectively against smaller matchups.

RougeDawg
12-05-2018, 09:43 AM

Ado only needs minutes if others cannot play above 50%. I?d rather an injured waterboy out there than him. At lease the watweboybhas a better chance of actually holding on to the basketball. Ado is still weak and physically inferiors. How does this happen in a major basketball program?

msu15
12-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Ado only needs minutes if others cannot play above 50%. I?d rather an injured waterboy out there than him. At lease the watweboybhas a better chance of actually holding on to the basketball. Ado is still weak and physically inferiors. How does this happen in a major basketball program?

Exactly why I always used to laugh when Howland would bring up how Ado grew up playing soccer instead of basketball. "He's so athletic and moves his feet so well, but he is still learning the game." HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT HE GREW UP NOT USING HIS HANDS AT ALL AND CAN'T CATCH THE BALL!

StateDawg44
12-05-2018, 10:00 AM
Exactly why I always used to laugh when Howland would bring up how Ado grew up playing soccer instead of basketball. "He's so athletic and moves his feet so well, but he is still learning the game." HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT HE GREW UP NOT USING HIS HANDS AT ALL AND CAN'T CATCH THE BALL!

I grew up playing soccer and not basketball but can catch the ball just fine. Not sure how that makes a difference what other sport he played.

If he can't catch then he just can't catch at this point in life probably.

tcdog70
12-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Ado is a specimen, If he could just play D and Rebound--we would be Hell on wheels. Now Perry--like LRob has a knack for rebounding. Ado just gets lost in no-mans land. If he could figure how to block out-then He could get 12 rebounds a game. he has no anticipation on where the missed shot is going.

reno hightower
12-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Ado is a specimen, If he could just play D and Rebound--we would be Hell on wheels. Now Perry--like LRob has a knack for rebounding. Ado just gets lost in no-mans land. If he could figure how to block out-then He could get 12 rebounds a game. he has no anticipation on where the missed shot is going.

This is what bugs me about athletic specimens for the most part. Lets get him in the gym and give him a basketball--- unfortunately a lot of these guys just dont have the basketball instincts as the same as kids that have been playing their whole life. I doubt he ever "gets it"

Pit Bull
12-05-2018, 12:12 PM
Team needs to warmup a bit, then scrimmage hard for 5 minutes before every game. Then transfer straight to the court to play the real scheduled game. That way, they are mentally and physically sharp at the beginning of the game. 5 hard minutes should not effect their endurance for the real game, but at least it should help with the slow starts. Right now, it's apparent they are just not ready to play during the first part of the game. And that's when they dig a big hole that's hard to get out of.

smootness
12-05-2018, 02:04 PM
We still seem to be too much of a finesse team without any type of identity. What makes this team go? Hitting 3s? We seem lethargic and several guys loaf/play with no urgency. You do have a couple of guys busting it but all it takes is 1 or 2 not giving effort and it makes everyone else look bad.

This team is way too soft right now. We need to get much tougher if we want to really make some noise this year.