PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Poll

Beaver
12-04-2018, 04:05 PM
Reddit has coaches' votes for preseason and week 15. Guess who put us at 9 (higher than any other coach) preseason, and 13 postseason (2nd highest to Doug Martin)?

None other than Dan Mullen.

Twitter Link (https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1069739049122811904)

Pollodawg
12-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Love him or hate him, there’ll always be a part of Dan that is MSU. You could tell he got kind of emotional leaving Scott Field on the 29th.

I still love the dude. Recruiting aside, he’s the best we’ve had so far.

msudawglb
12-04-2018, 04:10 PM
well, If Mitchell catches that pass, then we might have finished at #9. But, oh well.

msstate7
12-04-2018, 04:12 PM
Love him or hate him, there’ll always be a part of Dan that is MSU. You could tell he got kind of emotional leaving Scott Field on the 29th.

I still love the dude. Recruiting aside, he’s the best we’ve had so far.
Yep. All the ones that hate em should ask themselves what this program looks like if we hired Kevin Wilson over Dan

Prediction? Pain.
12-04-2018, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the link. Another thing that caught my eye was Saban's ballot. He (or whatever aid fills out his ballot) has us at No. 15. That's two spots above A&M and seven spots above Missouri, both of whom have the same or better conference record, have the same overall record, and scored more points on Bama than we did. (A&M scored 23 and MO scored 10.) The only other Power 5 coaches that ranked us that high -- aside from Mullen -- are Fitzgerald at NW and Franklin at PSU, whose votes are likely influenced by Moorhead being our coach.

msstate7
12-04-2018, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the link. Another thing that caught my eye was Saban's ballot. He (or whatever aid fills out his ballot) has us at No. 15. That's two spots above A&M and seven spots above Missouri, both of whom have the same or better conference record, have the same overall record, and scored more points on Bama than we did. (A&M scored 23 and MO scored 10.) The only other Power 5 coaches that ranked us that high -- aside from Mullen -- are Fitzgerald at NW and Franklin at PSU, whose votes are likely influenced by Moorhead being our coach.

Saban values defense probably more than most coaches

dawgday166
12-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Saban values defense probably more than most coaches

Not only that but he watched the film of our game with them. He thanking refs big time after watching it too.

Notice how Saban ain't storming up and down sidelines anymore bitching at the refs non-stop?? He don't need to these days.

Howboutdemdogs
12-04-2018, 07:09 PM
But wait..... Where was Ole Miss?...... LOL

maroonmania
12-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Not only that but he watched the film of our game with them. He thanking refs big time after watching it too.

Notice how Saban ain't storming up and down sidelines anymore bitching at the refs non-stop?? He don't need to these days.

I was thinking the same thing. Saban knows better than most how badly MSU was screwed in the Bama game. Of course he's not complaining though.

Leroy Jenkins
12-04-2018, 09:07 PM
Don gets a lot of credit for the success that come along with SEC welfare money.

msstate7
12-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Don gets a lot of credit for the success that come along with SEC welfare money.

Courtesy of Joshua2571 on tRant...

Sec wins the last 5 years:
Alabama 66
Georgia 54
LSU 43
State 42
A&M 39
Auburn 39
Florida 39
Mizzou 35
Ole Miss 35
Tennessee 34