PDA

View Full Version : Damn, are the St. Louis Cards whipping some ass or what?

CadaverDawg
10-18-2013, 09:37 PM
9-0. Welcome to the World Series, Cardinal fans

HereComesTheSpiral
10-18-2013, 09:53 PM
And the jinx is on.

Todd4State
10-19-2013, 12:20 AM
I felt good about this even before tonight. Everyone in the media was focusing on Kershaw and the Cardinals choking last year.

It was like I was the only one that noticed:

1. That Kershaw has been bad against the Cardinals- including losing to them three time (now four) times this year.

2. We had Wacha pitching.

3. That the other times that the Cardinals have choked, it has been on the road. This time it was in St. Louis.

4. We weren't pitching Kyle Lohse in game seven. It was Wacha and then followed up with Wainwright- against a guy that the Cardinals have beaten up on (Kershaw) and a guy with an ERA over a run higher on the road (Ryu)

I felt even better after I saw how Kershaw was missing a little bit in the first two innings. You can only live on the edge for so long. Then Matt Carpenter had an epic at bat followed by Puig going full retard and putting on a clinic on how not to play right field.

What's amazing to me was Harold Reynolds was defending Puig on his first bad throw by saying he hit the cut off man (correct) and they had a play on at second base. Newsflash Harold- the ONLY reason Beltran even took off for second was because Puig lollypopped that throw in to Gonzalez by throwing across his body.

But good gosh- Wacha was awesome. I actually thought he was off a little bit in innings 4-5 (not following through like he should- which caused his control to be off a little bit on his fastball) but his curveball and change up are so nasty- he got away with it. The only reason that they have Wacha is because they got a draft pick for losing Albert Pujols- and they used it to pick Wacha.

I'm happy for Beltran- it's hard to believe that he has not been in the World Series yet.

I'm hearing that there is a very good chance that Allen Craig will be back for the World Series. I'm sure they'll DH him in games one and two and then go from there. I think missing him is a big reason why the Cardinals have struggled in the postseason.

I'd keep Shane Robinson in CF over Jay. Overall as a team- the Cardinals were completely locked in. Hitting, base running, defense, and pitching.