PDA

View Full Version : Right on Cue- Stidham

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2018, 10:30 AM
Kind of dumb IMO. He needs to be a grad transfer to a school that understands how to maximize his passing ability. We all see the angle here though.

Funny how vague it is though, as if there is nothing to prevent Stidham from changing his mind.

This feels more like Auburn dropping him than it being in his best interest to turn pro. The article sounds ridiculous

https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/1069971186753433600

BeardoMSU
12-04-2018, 10:31 AM
GD Auburn...

Jack Lambert
12-04-2018, 10:32 AM
If he leaves he needs to go to Washington State. In fact if I was KB I would go to Washington State.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2018, 10:33 AM
If he leaves he needs to go to Washington State.

This.

Spending a year at Wazzou, Oklahoma, or even Mizzou could do wonders for his draft stock.

This feels WAAAAY more like Auburn dropping him than it does Stidham wanting to turn pro

TrapGame
12-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Stidham's a dumbass. Whoever told him he was solid draft material at this juncture did him absolutely zero favors.

And I hope this is not writing on the wall for 6pm tonight.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Stidham's a dumbass. Whoever told him he was solid draft material at this juncture did him absolutely zero favors.

And I hope this is not writing on the wall for 6pm tonight.

I think Auburn is dropping him.

dawgday166
12-04-2018, 10:35 AM
He going to AU for 2 reasons:
1) They ponied up.
2) Joe probably wouldn't promise the starting job to KB. Gus probably did.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2018, 10:36 AM
1) They ponied up.

Auburn's reliance on transfer QBs is one of the more ridiculous situations in college football

msstate7
12-04-2018, 10:37 AM
1) They ponied up.
I think it's mizzou

Dawgology
12-04-2018, 10:38 AM
Geez...Aubrun ruins ANOTHER good QB. SMDH.

Dawgology
12-04-2018, 10:40 AM
I guess if you are one and done you don't have to worry about Auburn screwing you over are messing you up. Looks like this was their play to get KB. Kick one 5 star to the curb to get another one.

Auburn "Thanks for committing to us and the years of leadership Stid...now get out".

Tbonewannabe
12-04-2018, 10:42 AM
Anyone want to guess where he gets drafted? In the preseason he was talked about like a day 1 or 2 guy. I am guessing 5th round.

msstate7
12-04-2018, 10:43 AM
Anyone want to guess where he gets drafted? In the preseason he was talked about like a day 1 or 2 guy. I am guessing 5th round.

5th round saints

TrapGame
12-04-2018, 10:44 AM
I think Auburn is dropping him.

Then he shouldn't be thinking about the draft. If he is then he's getting terrible advice.

TrapGame
12-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Gus should just take his firing next year like a man. We know it's coming. KB just made a horrible business decision if it turns out that way.

Coursesuper
12-04-2018, 10:49 AM
I bet he's tired of the beating he took behind that stellar offensive line that AU ran out there this year. Its not going to be that much better for the next guy, whomever they put on the field.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Then he shouldn't be thinking about the draft. If he is then he's getting terrible advice.

I agree.

I think Auburn is just leaking that he's considering the draft.

- If they get KB or the Arizona QB, they drop him.

- If they get neither, they talk him into staying.

GreenheadDawg
12-04-2018, 10:56 AM
Well there’s your answer if KB is coming to State.

louisvilledawg
12-04-2018, 10:59 AM
I guess if you are one and done you don't have to worry about Auburn screwing you over are messing you up. Looks like this was their play to get KB. Kick one 5 star to the curb to get another one.

Auburn "Thanks for committing to us and the years of leadership Stid...now get out".

Neither one were/are 5*

Stidham shoul've gone pro last year and been a 2/3 round guy

Irondawg
12-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Auburn is getting KB or the Arizona guy - no doubt in my mind.

I think I might move my pick for KB from Mizzou to AU. Makes all the recent developments make more sense.

Now if KB chooses anyone other than MSU hopefully Joe will give Stidham a buzz.

msstate7
12-04-2018, 11:06 AM

I think I might move my pick for KB from Mizzou to AU. Makes all the recent developments make more sense.

We'd be so much better off with stidham and one of our other QBs in the tommy Stevens role

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2018, 11:10 AM
We'd be so much better off with stidham and one of our other QBs in the tommy Stevens role

Agree. Any chance we just go get Stidham?

Dawgology
12-04-2018, 11:12 AM

Agreed. Like the poster above said. If AU drops Stidham Joe needs to give him a call. He'd be better than KB or any other QB we have on the team.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2018, 11:14 AM
What I do find interesting about the KB sweepstakes & the reason that I don't think anyone has any clue about what is going on is that no team's media has said, "We are getting KB."

We've seen reports that KB is deciding between school A, B, or C & we've seen reports from certain media saying they are hearing that KB is going to school "A or B or C", but we haven't seen any team's media state that they are hearing that THEY are getting him.

Even the Auburn people are in the dark thinking that the in-homes were over & then MSU has an in-home the next night.

I think the choice could be a surprise because no one has a read on it

Dawg61
12-04-2018, 11:15 AM

Bro you'd take 100 Qbs over Keytaon at this point. I'll ride with KT to 8/9 wins next year. Maybe he'll pleasantly surprise me and get to ten and your laptop and iPhone will explode.

msstate7
12-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Bro you'd take 100 Qbs over Keytaon at this point. I'll ride with KT to 8/9 wins next year. Maybe he'll pleasantly surprise me and get to ten and your laptop and iPhone will explode.

No idea what you're spewing now. I'd take KT over KB.

I seen it dawg
12-04-2018, 11:21 AM
And it would be for you like taking foambat over Gridley

lefty96
12-04-2018, 11:26 AM
Auburn's reliance on transfer QBs is one of the more ridiculous situations in college football

Ole Miss is insulted by this statement

Dawg61
12-04-2018, 11:29 AM
No idea what you're spewing now. I'd take KT over KB.

Lol not before begging to thin air for Mason Fine or Khalil Tate 5,000 times first though

MetEdDawg
12-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Here's what I will say about Stidham. He was unhappy at Auburn. Took a lot of crap and a lot of blame for stuff Malzahn did. He's got a much better chance at improving himself at the combine and getting on an NFL than staying behind in a Malzahn offense that won't prep him for the NFL.

msstate7
12-04-2018, 11:33 AM
And it would be for you like taking foambat over Gridley

I see you've recanted on your "don't wanna a quitter" stance.

NCDawg
12-04-2018, 11:36 AM

We don't need Stidham.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Mark Sanchez played for the Redskins last night...such is the current NFL QB situation.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Stidham will likely go pro & he will be a mid round pick. Likely goes somewhere with an establish QB where he can sit & learn. Noting wrong with that.

thf24
12-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Why are we so sure Stidham would help us? He's got the arm, but he struggles with decision-making; can't see him running Moorhead's offense well after less than a year after being slow in Gus's simple scheme after two. The main issue, though, which many of us seem to have gotten the wrong idea about somehow, is that Moorhead's offense still requires a degree of running ability from the QB. McSorley ran for almost 900 yards and 18 TD's over 2016-2017. Stidham couldn't come close to that, and that's a lot of production to make up elsewhere.

TrapGame
12-04-2018, 11:46 AM
How Gus-like would it be if we somehow snag Stidham and then have a great season which includes laying a total ass whooping on them in Jordan-Hare.

Gus would be hanging from one of those Toomer Corner trees.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2018, 11:53 AM
How Gus-like would it be if we somehow snag Stidham and then have a great season which includes laying a total ass whooping on them in Jordan-Hare.

Gus would be hanging from one of those Toomer Corner trees.

We will beat Auburn next season. Our defense is going to be good. Our offense will be better and I don't think Auburn is going to fix their problems by next season.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2018, 11:53 AM
Why are we so sure Stidham would help us? He's got the arm, but he struggles with decision-making; can't see him running Moorhead's offense well after less than a year after being slow in Gus's simple scheme after two. The main issue, though, which many of us seem to have gotten the wrong idea about somehow, is that Moorhead's offense still requires a degree of running ability from the QB. McSorley ran for almost 900 yards and 18 TD's over 2016-2017. Stidham couldn't come close to that, and that's a lot of production to make up elsewhere.

Kyler Murray struggled with decision making at A&M & Stidham didn't struggle with decision making at Baylor. Minshew was meh everywhere until Wazzou

Point is, I think coaching & offensive fit make a huge difference in how QBs play. Maybe Joe doesn't think his offense would be a good fit for Stidham. I have no clue.

Just saying that I'm skeptical in believing that Stidham just lacks decision making ability. In the right offense, he may be an elite decision maker.

TrapGame
12-04-2018, 11:55 AM
We will beat Auburn next season. Our defense is going to be good. Our offense will be better and I don't think Auburn is going to fix their problems by next season.

AU is a lit match away from a 4 alarm dumpster fire. Gus is a fired coach walking and I bet the players know it.

RiverCityDawg
12-04-2018, 11:59 AM

Agree, people have definitely jumped over the horse on the passing vs running QB discussion. We absolutely have to have a guy that can do both. You make a good point in that our guy has to be able to process the reads quickly, and I would add that he has to do it in the face of contact. Stidham was contantly criticized for crumpling when feeling a pass rush. He's just not a fit.

thf24
12-04-2018, 12:04 PM
Kyler Murray struggled with decision making at A&M & Stidham didn't struggle with decision making at Baylor. Minshew was meh everywhere until Wazzou

Point is, I think coaching & offensive fit make a huge difference in how QBs play. Maybe Joe doesn't think his offense would be a good fit for Stidham. I have no clue.

Just saying that I'm skeptical in believing that Stidham just lacks decision making ability. In the right offense, he may be an elite decision maker.

Fair enough, but like I said, run ability is the main issue. We don't need a Fitz or a Dak, but 400-450 yards and 8-9 TD's over a season isn't insignificant. Plus, the threat of the QB run, like most other option offenses, might be more important than the production itself.

MetEdDawg
12-04-2018, 12:14 PM
This is no lie. Things I have heard from multiple Auburn fans today:

1) Let Malzahn go to Georgia Tech and hire Derek Mason

2) We don't need Kelly Bryant because Cord Sandberg is for sure the guy and should have played this year. We would have been a 10 win team with him this year.

If Auburn thinks that they are screwed next year.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2018, 12:18 PM
This is no lie. Things I have heard from multiple Auburn fans today:

1) Let Malzahn go to Georgia Tech and hire Derek Mason

2) We don't need Kelly Bryant because Cord Sandberg is for sure the guy and should have played this year. We would have been a 10 win team with him this year.

If Auburn thinks that they are screwed next year.

Here's the problem, with that hefty buyout, Gus ain't gonna quit & forfeit that money.

It Auburn wants him gone, then they'll have to fire him & pay the penalty.

I'm sure Auburn fans would love for Malzahn to go to GT & Malzahn would probably like to go to GT, but that's not how the world works. Malzahn ain't forfeiting $30 mil to coach at GT. That would be dumb

I seen it dawg
12-04-2018, 01:40 PM
I see you've recanted on your "don't wanna a quitter" stance.

Yes. In a thread titled Mea Culpa on Bryant. A thread i created. Out in the wide open for anyone to see. So what's your point?