PDA

View Full Version : With the Outback Bowl, there is a lot of excitement and sadness

Howboutdemdogs
12-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Going to Tampa for the Outback Bowl is pretty damn cool. The family is excited about the sunshine! However, I also have a heavy heart.

I had a former employee in Cedar Rapids, IA that was a die hard ?Chick Hawk? fan as I called him. As he called me the MSU ?Bullpups?. Our friendship grew past being an employee and employer, even after his retirement. We talked for the last 12 years that if State and Iowa ever played in a bowl together, we would cheer side by side in the stands and enjoy every sip of Bourbon the entire trip.

However; 2 months ago, Mike suddenly pasted away. He is missed , and it will be compounded while in Tampa. Therefore; it has been decided that before the game, a glass of Bullet Bourbon will be raised in his honor before entering the game.

I do believe that the small personal and private speech will be as follows:

?MK, hope that the Chicken Hawks play a good game. This day has been a long time coming. But, the Bullpups will kick the Chicken Hawks ass. I love you Brother and you are missed so very much!?

Note: We would break everyday to listen to Rush on the EIB network, and I love that his phone would ring Ozzy in every meeting, even though it also pissed me off when it should have been on silent. Also, for the people that know me, the phrase, ?Rock Star Parking? came from him.

Pollodawg
12-03-2018, 11:02 PM
It’s tough to lose good friends, man. But I’m positive he’ll be enjoying that game with the best seats in the house. And I’ll bet Iowa is one of those schools you have to have a deep connection with to cheer for. They don’t have bandwagons. lol

Political Hack
12-04-2018, 01:19 AM
That's crazy timing. And a touching story. I'm sure he'd be proud that you care enough to pay tribute to him at the game.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
12-04-2018, 05:10 AM
awesome story thanks for telling it