PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Freeze to Liberty?

gtowndawg
12-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Sounds like a strong possibility.

I have two close friends that work for Liberty (one in the football program) and they are serious about becoming a player in athletics. But Hugh Freeze??

- Stop linking to that POS site... F*CK those guys - Scooba

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2018, 06:01 PM
It's Football Scoop.

gtowndawg
12-03-2018, 06:08 PM
It's Football Scoop.

Granted...we shall see.

deadheaddawg
12-03-2018, 06:09 PM
It would not surprise me. They hired that POS from Baylor as their AD. Freeze would fit right in it.

It's a trash university, that has already hired a trash AD. Why would a trash coach be a stretch?

msbulldog
12-03-2018, 07:21 PM
It would not surprise me. They hired that POS from Baylor as their AD. Freeze would fit right in it.

It's a trash university, that has already hired a trash AD. Why would a trash coach be a stretch?

Why would you call it a trash University?

Lance Harbor
12-03-2018, 07:22 PM
The joyous hypocrisy and double standards of Jerry Falwell and his ilk.

Cooterpoot
12-03-2018, 07:25 PM
That was started by Feldman I think. Just a guess. Will be hard for a Christian school to hire him this soon.

msbulldog
12-03-2018, 07:29 PM

But, don't you think there is a high proportion of good Christian kids in their student body? Don't you think it's unfair to label those kids as trash?

Really Clark?
12-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Freezespoke with Taggart today about FSU, supposedly

BrunswickDawg
12-03-2018, 07:39 PM

Freeze must have Dan Mullen's agent - cause he is being he's "in" as many job conversations as ole Danny Two Gloves was in his annual job-hunt-a-palooza.

Cooterpoot
12-03-2018, 07:40 PM

Taggart or Haggard?**

Really Clark?
12-03-2018, 07:41 PM
Freeze must have Dan Mullen's agent - cause he is being he's "in" as many job conversations as ole Danny Two Gloves was in his annual job-hunt-a-palooza.

Yeah I think that’s the point, trying to find someone to pick him up

Dawg61
12-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a strong possibility.

I have two close friends that work for Liberty (one in the football program) and they are serious about becoming a player in athletics. But Hugh Freeze??

http://footballscoop.com/news/source-liberty-strongly-considering-hugh-freeze/

You two are destined for a great friendship.**

Really Clark?
12-03-2018, 07:43 PM
Taggart or Haggard?**

Yes

Dawgfan77
12-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Taggart or Haggard?**
Did you mean swaggert??

Cooterpoot
12-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Did you mean swaggert??

Either/Or

Really Clark?
12-03-2018, 07:46 PM
Did you mean swaggert??

Him too

DownwardDawg
12-03-2018, 07:49 PM

He does have Mullins agent. Sexton.

Dolphus Raymond
12-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Freeze and Jerry Falwell U. sounds like a perfect match.

Quaoarsking
12-03-2018, 07:56 PM
It's a perfect fit.

gtowndawg
12-03-2018, 07:57 PM
In full disclosure I have a degree from Liberty and have multiple good friends there. While I would be disappointed, it doesn't change the fact that Liberty has some outstanding students and faculty. Some of the best people in the world I know have graduated from Liberty and I don't say that lightly. All students have to do 20 hours of mandatory community service every semester and they get to hear amazing speakers every week at convocation. Last time I was on campus (last year) John McEnroe spoke at convocation (they don't just bring in Christians to speak, they bring in people from all walks of life). They even set up a tennis court and he picked students from the crowd to hit balls with. My daughter was immediately drawn to the school when I took her last year and she desperately wants to go there for nursing school (but I'm trying to talk her to medical school there instead). The campus is beautiful, everything is first class. They also have a huge endowment for a school that's 40 years old - bigger than Georgia and a lot of other major universities. In fact, their stadium is named after a Mississippi State alum. Probably the wealthiest alumni we've ever produced (Arthur Williams). Anyway, I'd be upset for sure, but it's still a school I'd be thrilled if my kids attended.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-03-2018, 07:59 PM
Isn't Liberty a Christian university? Are they going to invite Planned Parenthood to speak about sanctity of life? There are skeletons in Freeze's closet that I know to be fact, but would never put on this board. And that is to protect the victim, not Freeze. I believe in forgiveness. I honestly do. But Freeze needs to apologize and show some remorse in my opinion.

Let me make this clear: FREEZE IS NOT THE VICTIM!

gtowndawg
12-03-2018, 07:59 PM
You two are destined for a great friendship.**

Ha ha. I've been in politics for 6 years. Trust me - I've learned to deal with all kinds of people. I can get along with just about anyone.

Bully13
12-03-2018, 08:01 PM
Lol @ freezus and shitbird . Branding going worse for shitbird.

gtowndawg
12-03-2018, 08:01 PM
Isn't Liberty a Christian university? Are they going to invite Planned Parenthood to speak about sanctity of life? There are skeletons in Freeze's closet that I know to be fact, but would never put on this board. And that is to protect the victim, not Freeze. I believe in forgiveness. I honestly do. But Freeze needs to apologize and show some remorse in my opinion.

I'm 100% in agreement there. That's what upsets me...he hasn't apologized and owned up to it. Just man up and say "I wanted to win big and I screwed up bad trying to do it."

Dawg61
12-03-2018, 08:02 PM

Briarcrest stories live forever

somebodyshotmypaw
12-03-2018, 08:09 PM
I'm 100% in agreement there. That's what upsets me...he hasn't apologized and owned up to it. Just man up and say "I wanted to win big and I screwed up bad trying to do it."

I don't give a crap if he apologies to me, you, or to the public. That's not my issue. But he should apologize to the victims. He knows who they are. A phone call, a visit, a hand written note. But he wants to act like HE'S the victim.

msbulldog
12-03-2018, 08:15 PM

You know sometimes we all have to look for forgiveness.

deadheaddawg
12-03-2018, 08:29 PM

Well Jerry Falwell is enough to make it a trash school......but hiring the Bayor AD and interviewing freeze reinforces it.

I am sure there are plenty of fine students and employees there, but Falwell is a piece of crap and the Athletic department is now headed by a piece of crap.

Just them hiring the Baylor guy tells you what kind of people are in power there

somebodyshotmypaw
12-03-2018, 08:29 PM
You know sometimes we all have to look for forgiveness.

I don't need forgiveness. I did nothing wrong. I'm the victim here.

Sincerely,
Hugh Freeze

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-03-2018, 08:55 PM
But, don't you think there is a high proportion of good Christian kids in their student body? Don't you think it's unfair to label those kids as trash?

What's the website if you have proof that these kids are trash? We shouldn't slander these young kids.

Todd4State
12-03-2018, 09:09 PM

Which is why Hugh Freeze is sooooooooooo perfect for them as their head coach.

Todd4State
12-03-2018, 09:13 PM
In full disclosure I have a degree from Liberty and have multiple good friends there. While I would be disappointed, it doesn't change the fact that Liberty has some outstanding students and faculty. Some of the best people in the world I know have graduated from Liberty and I don't say that lightly. All students have to do 20 hours of mandatory community service every semester and they get to hear amazing speakers every week at convocation. Last time I was on campus (last year) John McEnroe spoke at convocation (they don't just bring in Christians to speak, they bring in people from all walks of life). They even set up a tennis court and he picked students from the crowd to hit balls with. My daughter was immediately drawn to the school when I took her last year and she desperately wants to go there for nursing school (but I'm trying to talk her to medical school there instead). The campus is beautiful, everything is first class. They also have a huge endowment for a school that's 40 years old - bigger than Georgia and a lot of other major universities. In fact, their stadium is named after a Mississippi State alum. Probably the wealthiest alumni we've ever produced (Arthur Williams). Anyway, I'd be upset for sure, but it's still a school I'd be thrilled if my kids attended.

100% agree. I never went to Liberty but I know people in my church that have and/or taught there or are very connected there. It's a very good school and I would have considered going there but they don't have any post grad degrees that really fit my career. I don't judge colleges on the football coach because there are probably people with questionable pasts at every school in the country in some way shape or form.

Todd4State
12-03-2018, 09:23 PM

You are 100% correct.

And as a Christian the biggest thing I hated about Freeze's show for a lack of better words was how he made it sound like good things happened to him and Ole Miss because he was more Christian than his opponents and therefore God found "favor" towards them- whether it be landing a 4-5 star recruit or beating Alabama. That's not Biblical. And it's more hollow when you know HOW they got those players which led to those wins- and it had nothing to do with Haiti Mission Trips or going to church every Sunday.

But him going to Liberty doesn't surprise me. He and his wife have been playing the forgiveness tour card for over a year now. He's playing "church games" still- and that's what keeps him in the fold for someone like Liberty despite his transgressions. Plus, I would imagine that Freeze would much rather be a head coach than a coordinator for someone like Saban, Pruitt, or Mahlzahn. If the SEC will even allow it.