PDA

View Full Version : The only problem about playing Iowa is.........

Jack Lambert
12-03-2018, 12:43 PM
There is nothing to hate about them. Usually I can find something to hate. Not this bowl game.

Cooterpoot
12-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Corn in the toilet bowl?

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2018, 12:55 PM
Most bland state in the union

DancingRabbit
12-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Yeah, they're a blue collar tough team, year after year.

Can we blame them for ethanol in gas? Keep your corn out of my car! Stupidest boondoggle ever.

That's all I got.

parabrave
12-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Ever seen Children of the Corn?

Fred Garvin
12-03-2018, 01:10 PM
It's called "Minnesota Nice"

DogsofAnarchy
12-03-2018, 01:13 PM
They got American Pickers. Mike and Frank? And Danielle?

Pollodawg
12-03-2018, 01:26 PM
I can find something to hate about anybody.

Tbonewannabe
12-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Worst thing about playing them is they aren't ranked. We won't get that much of a bump up if we win. Unless we dominate them, we probably might get to the top 15 and that is about it.

LC Dawg
12-03-2018, 01:40 PM
I'll give them credit for having the greatest tradition in college football.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-football/2018/iowa-hawkeyes-wave-explained

Dawg61
12-03-2018, 01:49 PM
There is nothing to hate about them. Usually I can find something to hate. Not this bowl game.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hPPx8yk3Bmqys/giphy.gif

Tbonewannabe
12-03-2018, 01:52 PM
I'll give them credit for having the greatest tradition in college football.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-football/2018/iowa-hawkeyes-wave-explained

I really hope there is some way that can be incorporated into the Outback Bowl. One of the best things going in college football.

Johnson85
12-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Yeah, they're a blue collar tough team, year after year.

Can we blame them for ethanol in gas? Keep your corn out of my car! Stupidest boondoggle ever.

That's all I got.

Yes, you can blame those 17ers for the ethanol mandate, and should.

~50% of our corn is now 17ing burned. I realize we are fat as 17 as a nation, but there are people out there that could use that food. Think about this alternative: We keep cutting a huge ass 17ing check to iowa corn farmers, but then we put the food in containers and ship that shit to poor countries in africa, Asia, and South America. They still get rich out of our pockets; they stop 17ing up our boats and small engines while they financially screw us; and poor people get food. 1000% better results for the same cost. But you know why we can't do that? Because of those Iowa 17ers, that's why.

If you can't hate people from a state most responsible for burning a shit ton of food while people starve, making other people pay them for burning the food, while also ensuring that every day schmoe's spend their saturdays 17ing with small engines and/or stranded in boats, then who the 17 can you hate?

KnightHawk
12-03-2018, 02:01 PM
I really hope there is some way that can be incorporated into the Outback Bowl. One of the best things going in college football.

Iowa fans will be doing the wave at the end of the first quarter, whether it be a formal part of the bowl game or not. I would imagine the Outback folks would love to take advantage of the pub and make it a structured part of the game.

sleepy dawg
12-03-2018, 02:08 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/73944870/reminds-me-of-me-now-i-really-hate-him.jpg

Tbonewannabe
12-03-2018, 02:11 PM
One thing I appreciate about Iowa, the logo is kind of cool and they made USM quit using it. 17 the Mustard Buzzards, good job Iowa.

KnightHawk
12-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Language warning (but an entertaining watch)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLZZ6JD0g9Y

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Go to their message boards and you might find something. You know the typical "we don't have running water or power" claim. Funny thing, people don't realize is this is only an indicator of how "out of touch with reality" that they are..

DownwardDawg
12-03-2018, 02:39 PM

I agree! That would be outstanding!!

RocketDawg
12-03-2018, 05:52 PM

The American Pickers tattoo gal?

RocketDawg
12-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Yes, you can blame those 17ers for the ethanol mandate, and should.

~50% of our corn is now 17ing burned. I realize we are fat as 17 as a nation, but there are people out there that could use that food. Think about this alternative: We keep cutting a huge ass 17ing check to iowa corn farmers, but then we put the food in containers and ship that shit to poor countries in africa, Asia, and South America. They still get rich out of our pockets; they stop 17ing up our boats and small engines while they financially screw us; and poor people get food. 1000% better results for the same cost. But you know why we can't do that? Because of those Iowa 17ers, that's why.

If you can't hate people from a state most responsible for burning a shit ton of food while people starve, making other people pay them for burning the food, while also ensuring that every day schmoe's spend their saturdays 17ing with small engines and/or stranded in boats, then who the 17 can you hate?

You can't blame the average Iowan for that. And besides, they're just taking advantage of an opportunistic situation. Any state will do that to improve their economy.

Presumably the corn that's being turned into ethanol is field corn, not sweet corn that people eat. Of course, it takes up acreage that food could be grown on, but if anyone's to blame it's the extreme environmentalists, not Joe Citizen.

HoopsDawg
12-03-2018, 05:58 PM
I like that Jomos system will get tested again. We have 4 failing grades and 2 passing grades.

Dawgtini
12-03-2018, 06:45 PM
You can't blame the average Iowan for that. And besides, they're just taking advantage of an opportunistic situation. Any state will do that to improve their economy.

Presumably the corn that's being turned into ethanol is field corn, not sweet corn that people eat. Of course, it takes up acreage that food could be grown on, but if anyone's to blame it's the extreme environmentalists, not Joe Citizen.

I prefer field Corn to sweet corn, thank you very much.

Bully13
12-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Ethanol is bogus, counter productive and bad for car engines. So iowa sucks.

Dawgbite
12-03-2018, 07:33 PM
I hate ethanol gas about as bad as I hate a pretentious prick from Laffayette county but that is a politicians fault not the farmers who grow the corn. They are just taking advantage of the laws. I did spend a week in Annamosa once and it reminded me of a lot of communities in Ms.

Jack Lambert
12-03-2018, 07:39 PM
I hate ethanol gas about as bad as I hate a pretentious prick from Laffayette county but that is a politicians fault not the farmers who grow the corn. They are just taking advantage of the laws. I did spend a week in Annamosa once and it reminded me of a lot of communities in Ms.

I am for farm subsidies. You just don't wake up one day and say I am going to be a farmer. It is a generational trade that we must keep going.

Bothrops
12-03-2018, 09:58 PM
The wave they do for the UI children's hospital from their stadium is very cool. I don't think I could hate these guys no matter what.

Dawgology
12-03-2018, 10:05 PM

Dammit. I love Mike and Frankie! And Danielle.

iPat09
12-03-2018, 10:11 PM
The wave they do for the UI children's hospital from their stadium is very cool. I don't think I could hate these guys no matter what.

IMO, the best tradition in college football, because it goes beyond the game. People talk about how everyone should be more kind and happy. Well, having an entire freakin' stadium turn and wave to kids in a hospital is an amazing gesture and one that needs to stick around for awhile. I agree. I can't hate these guys because of that.

KnightHawk
12-03-2018, 10:42 PM
This happened earlier this season as well...

https://www.facebook.com/travismcb/videos/10215325943359975/

Todd4State
12-03-2018, 10:48 PM

I agree. I hope they play Don't Stop Believing after the end of the third quarter for us too.

ckDOG
12-04-2018, 12:11 AM
MSU is to ISU as OM is to UI. Therefore, UI can eat a dick.

Political Hack
12-04-2018, 01:13 AM
Des Moines is as clean as it is boring.

Just kidding. I like Des Moines too.

Johnson85
12-04-2018, 09:55 AM

Who do you think votes in presidential primaries? If you believe one of the main reasons the ethanol mandate has survived is that the Iowa primaries are first (I'm not so sure I believe this), and presidential candidates can't openly admit that the ethanol mandate is a crime against humanity unless they are willing to risk starting off the primaries with a loss, then iowa voters should shoulder their share of blame.

DancingRabbit
12-04-2018, 10:50 AM

Got to be a better way to give the Iowa farmers some price support. Alcohol is terrible for internal combustion engines. You get 25% less mileage when you add it to gasoline. It destroys small engines.

First you feed people your corn. What's left you feed your hogs. Then whatever's left you cook up and drink.

Sorry, but Joe Q Iowa Citizen is guilty by association.