PDA

View Full Version : 32%

SaintDawg
12-03-2018, 07:54 AM
8 SEC teams were ranked in the final CFP Top 25 rankings. That's 32% of the Top 25. 66% of the SEC is ranked. That's serious power that we're part of.

RougeDawg
12-03-2018, 09:33 AM
8 SEC teams were ranked in the final CFP Top 25 rankings. That's 32% of the Top 25. 66% of the SEC is ranked. That's serious power that we're part of.

Guess you didn?t get the memo that the SEC had a down year and it was only Georgia and Bama.**

Seriously there really isn?t a close 2nd to the SEC. some of the lower tier SEC teams could win other major conferences. Vandy had ND beaten. Middle tier auburn demolished Washington. Middle Tier A&M had Clemson on the ropes. I?m sure there are many more. These just come to mind.

Tbonewannabe
12-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Texas Tech was just about within a TD of every team they played except Ole Miss and Kansas St. 8 points to WVa, 5 points to Oklahoma, 7 points to Texas, 9 points to Iowa St, 11 points to Baylor, and then 15 points to KSU. 20 point loss to Ole Miss.

So a Texas Tech team that was within single digits of the best teams in the Big 12 lost to UM by 20. UM was only good enough to beat Ark in the SEC.

Activated Alpha
12-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Texas Tech was just about within a TD of every team they played except Ole Miss and Kansas St. 8 points to WVa, 5 points to Oklahoma, 7 points to Texas, 9 points to Iowa St, 11 points to Baylor, and then 15 points to KSU. 20 point loss to Ole Miss.

So a Texas Tech team that was within single digits of the best teams in the Big 12 lost to UM by 20. UM was only good enough to beat Ark in the SEC.

But Ark got beat by North Texas

dantheman4248
12-03-2018, 10:21 AM
They did injure the tortillas’ starting QB too. That was a pretty significant event in that game. Let’s not give them a cookie for playing against a true freshman QB that was not prepared in game 1.

Tbonewannabe
12-03-2018, 10:50 AM
They did injure the tortillas’ starting QB too. That was a pretty significant event in that game. Let’s not give them a cookie for playing against a true freshman QB that was not prepared in game 1.

True, Texas Tech probably hangs with UM if that doesn't happen. I am anxious to see what happens when Oklahoma faces an actual defense compared to the Big 12.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2018, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure I see it as much as the SEC's power but rather the other conference just sucking.

It's the issue we see every year in bowl selection. We get frustrated that we aren't playing a brand school, but who are they?

Outside of USC, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Penn St, Michigan, Clemson, FSU, Miami, & ND, who are the brand schools?

The way I see it, we really only have about 10 schools outside of the SEC that are brands & about 10-12 schools inside the SEC that are brands.

It's crazy how lopsided the country has become.

Johnson85
12-03-2018, 11:00 AM
Guess you didn?t get the memo that the SEC had a down year and it was only Georgia and Bama.**

Seriously there really isn?t a close 2nd to the SEC. some of the lower tier SEC teams could win other major conferences. Vandy had ND beaten. Middle tier auburn demolished Washington. Middle Tier A&M had Clemson on the ropes. I?m sure there are many more. These just come to mind.

I think this is just a weird year for college football. Bama and Clemson (I assume; hard to say from their schedule) are the only two really good teams. I'm not sure if that's because it's just a down year across the country (which I would assume is statistically unlikely) or if there is just a lot more parity (which is I guess what must be happening this year). Oklahoma and OSU to me are like Petrino's arkansas teams. Certainly good, but flawed enough that they weren't really going to compete for a championship. I think UGA was probably the third best team this year and I think there have been years where they would have been fourth in the SEC.