PDA

View Full Version : MSU Fans Really Need to Go to Outback Bowl

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2018, 05:25 PM
I've never really vouched for asking fans to attend a bowl game, but I feel as though every MSU fan needs to heavily consider attending this game.

I believe the SEC and our athletic and university leadership fought hard to get MSU in this game, and we need to reward that effort and the program JoMo is building with a similar effort by showing up.

In 2011 when we all showed up at the Gator Bowl, you could get a sense that MSU was building something, and I feel the same way again now.

We've simply come too far as a program to get lackadaisical now. Let's take that next step and make the same or an even bigger commitment than what we did in 2011

Commercecomet24
12-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Agree completely!

99jc
12-02-2018, 05:27 PM
I've never really vouched for asking fans to attend a bowl game, but I feel as though every MSU fan needs to heavily consider attending this game.

I believe the SEC and our athletic and university leadership fought hard to get MSU in this game, and we need to reward that effort and the program JoMo is building with a similar effort by showing up.

In 2011 when we all showed up at the Gator Bowl, you could get a sense that MSU was building something, and I feel the same way again now.

Are you going? Yes or no. I can't I am being deployed for FEMA disaster relief.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2018, 05:28 PM
Are you going? Yes or no

17 yes

MagicDawg
12-02-2018, 06:22 PM
My family of 4 will be there. I'm trying to recruit a couple of locals to go with us as State fans.

However, I am not sure I want to buy through the university allotment. It seems like there are usually tickets for half the face value available on secondary markets. What are y'all's thoughts on that?

Memphisbulldog
12-02-2018, 06:27 PM
My family of 4 will be there. I'm trying to recruit a couple of locals to go with us as State fans.

However, I am not sure I want to buy through the university allotment. It seems like there are usually tickets for half the face value available on secondary markets. What are y'all's thoughts on that?

I always buy the MSU tix. You usually can't save a lot of money by buying after market, although for the Orange Bowl you could. I think that sticks in a lot of people's minds. I personally, besides supporting my school, would rather sit on the 10 yard line with MSU fans than sit on the 40-50 with locals.

Todd4State
12-02-2018, 06:32 PM
One of your best posts Shotgun. We can't whine about being passed over if we don't do our part.

KOdawg1
12-02-2018, 06:48 PM
I'll be there +3. Let's paint Tampa maroon

Dawgology
12-02-2018, 07:13 PM

Little touchy there.

Dawgfan77
12-02-2018, 07:26 PM

Thanks for what your doing!

Mjoelner34
12-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Me +1. Hotel, rental car and airfare already booked.

ChicagoDawg
12-02-2018, 08:08 PM
What's the best place to stay?

duncflydawg
12-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Me+7 will be there all with cowbells. Parents, wife, kids, girlfrien...er... just kidding wifey, I love you!

duncflydawg
12-02-2018, 08:18 PM
What's the best place to stay?

College girls around USF, always a party in Ybor City on Thursday nights, some newer hotels up north of town (New Tampa) Nothing but rednecks wannabes from the east of Brandon till you get to Disney World. Two nice malls near Raymond James with some nice hotels around the airport. Lots of Old Money in the Saint Pete, Tarpon Springs area. Clearwater beach is the touristy beach that everyone knows about. Some cool places in Hyde Park to check out (ran into A-Rod in a bar down there while I was in college). Really good BBQ at 4Rivers BBQ. Famous steakhouse called Berns (you gonna drop some money). Let me know if you guys have any specific questions about the area. I was stationed at CENTCOM down at MacDill and my in-laws live in the suburbs of Tampa.

sleepy dawg
12-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Everything booked for me. I'm pumped!

And I bought my ticket of stub hub. May have over paid a little, but I'm tired of getting screwed by buying through the university and ending up with trash seats.

Bothrops
12-02-2018, 11:54 PM
If MSU fans don't show for this one in big numbers, they won't ever do it.

Pit Bull
12-03-2018, 02:03 AM
We need to bring numbers like we did vs Michigan. I don't expect to ever match what we did in past Liberty Bowls, but that Michigan crowd in the Gator was very good for that distance away from home. I'm thinking a minimum of 15K is needed and it would be great if we could get around 20K or more. I seriously doubt Iowa will bring any more than 10K. Just to far away for them.

Howboutdemdogs
12-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Me +3 are going....Flights, Hotel, and Rental Car are already booked!

Theiacowtipper
12-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Iowa fans travel very well. We will bring 15k easily. The fans did not travel last year to NYC at all but it was NYC.