PDA

View Full Version : I'm hearing

deadheaddawg
12-02-2018, 04:49 PM
I'm hearing that our fans have terrible contacts, or most likely just make shit up

gravedigger
12-02-2018, 05:35 PM
I'm hearing that our fans have terrible contacts, or most likely just make shit up

attention.......most powerful drug on the planet

Dawgology
12-02-2018, 05:41 PM
Well...my contacts said Outback from the beginning and I told y’all it would be Outback when Hadad, Paul, and Steve were were all saying MCB. I even explained why that was being said but literally no one paid attention. I do, on occasion, have really good sources and when I am told something concrete I pass it on to the board.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-02-2018, 08:53 PM

It's getting out of hand. It's getting hard to tell who is legit and who is just making shit up hoping it sticks and if it don't just say "well things changed" really?

I seen it dawg
12-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Everyone welcome to this new thing called a message board

Todd4State
12-02-2018, 09:00 PM
Well...my contacts said Outback from the beginning and I told y’all it would be Outback when Hadad, Paul, and Steve were were all saying MCB. I even explained why that was being said but literally no one paid attention. I do, on occasion, have really good sources and when I am told something concrete I pass it on to the board.

I thought Rosebowl was saying Outback the whole time?

RocketDawg
12-02-2018, 09:04 PM

And that shows that you just have to take everything you see here with a grain of salt. Sure, some will be right, but it could just be coincidental given the fairly small number of possibilities. Or there could be real inside info. I suspect nobody really knew until this afternoon, except for maybe Cohen and Stankey and some of the other ADs.

Todd4State
12-02-2018, 09:16 PM
And that shows that you just have to take everything you see here with a grain of salt. Sure, some will be right, but it could just be coincidental given the fairly small number of possibilities. Or there could be real inside info. I suspect nobody really knew until this afternoon, except for maybe Cohen and Stankey and some of the other ADs.

As far as the experts go- I think they all agreed that it was down to the Outback Bowl and Music City Bowl for us and that the Outback didn't want to take us. Where the difference was is Paul didn't think the SEC would help us out and Rosebowl and Murray thought the SEC would help us out. Like I said earlier today it definitely wasn't cut and dried and I highly suspect that there was some negotiating going on behind the scenes. Tweets from MSU officials kind of indicate this too- talking about how they worked hard to get the bowl and now it's up to us the fans to sell it out. A&M beating LSU to get to their 8th win and 5th SEC win muddied things up as well because it gave the Outback a reason to consider them.

I'm sure that we had some contact with bowls like the Texas and Liberty in the event of a lot of chaos on Championship Game Saturday.

dawgday166
12-02-2018, 10:03 PM

You just now figuring this "make shit up" stuff out **

Dawgology
12-02-2018, 10:09 PM

Yep. You’re probably right.

Dawgology
12-02-2018, 10:11 PM

I dunno. I don’t follow Steve that closely though someone on here said Steve was saying MCB a few days ago. I listen to Hadad’s show...and enjoy it...but his sources are terrible if he actually has any. Was just shaking my head laughing when he was telling everyone to prep for the MCB Thursday night.

preachermatt83
12-02-2018, 10:12 PM

He was. Him and David Murray.

Political Hack
12-02-2018, 10:20 PM
Outback didn't know until today that they were taking us. Seems to me that the SEC was the last to announce (other than the big bowls and the Citrus). The rest were delayed, likely because of Outback. Combine that with the tweets from people about us traveling and it's pretty obvious what happened.