PDA

View Full Version : What are the GA fans thinking abut Smart gong for it on 4th down?

Jack Lambert
12-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Is that the most bone head call by a coach ever? I would be piss if I was a GA fan. Hell I am piss and I not a GA fan.

WinningIsRelentless
12-02-2018, 01:28 PM
Ballsy call. If he works he?s call balls the size of basketballs and we are seeing what happens when it didn?t work. I have a feeling he was thinking Alabama had the momentum. He was also probably thinking Hurts would give them problems with his mobility that Tua was lacking in OT.

BrunswickDawg
By FB timeline has lots of UGA butt hurt about refs and very little mention of the fake punt. I have a running group text with my crew from high school - all UGA fans/alums, and the only post game text was a gif of The Rock wrecking a locker room.

My personal opinion is that UGA fan don't want to admit that Kirby has f'd up their 2 losses with trick plays that failed. The refs weren't that bad last night - Kirby cost them the game.

mparkerfd20
It was one of the stupidest decisions ever made in football.

shannondawg
12-02-2018, 01:31 PM
You should know how that works, make it a genius, not idiot.

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Ballsy call. If he works he?s call balls the size of basketballs and we are seeing what happens when it didn?t work. I have a feeling he was thinking Alabama had the momentum. He was also probably thinking Hurts would give them problems with his mobility that Tua was lacking in OT.

The problem with that at that point in the game, if you are going to go for it - go for it. Don't go for it in a way that takes your best players off the field.

DownwardDawg
12-02-2018, 01:49 PM
It was one of the stupidest decisions ever made in football.

I agree. It was stupid. Just plain stupid. And the officiating was not that bad last night. Kirby took away any chance they had at winning.

WinningIsRelentless
12-02-2018, 01:57 PM
The problem with that at that point in the game, if you are going to go for it - go for it. Don't go for it in a way that takes your best players off the field.

But it also takes Bamas best players off the field and has a element of surprise.

But we aren?t even talking about this if his FG kicker makes that FG.

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2018, 02:12 PM
But it also takes Bamas best players off the field and has a element of surprise.

But we aren?t even talking about this if his FG kicker makes that FG.

Except Bama kept their base defense on the field and didn't even really rush. They knew it was coming.

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1069026309072805888?s=20

WinningIsRelentless
12-02-2018, 02:37 PM
Then I?m sure they missed the check off out of it and Kirby is just taking the heat for it.