PDA

View Full Version : What the CFP rankings should look like...

maroonmania
12-02-2018, 11:00 AM
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Georgia
4. Notre Dame

those are the 4 best and most complete teams and in that order. And ND only in because they are undefeated and they did get the opening weekend win against Michigan. OK and OSU are both very talented but very flawed.

I assume though that we will end up with

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma

msstate7
12-02-2018, 11:03 AM
I can't really justify it, but I'd rather Ohio st face bama. Urban vs saban games are great

Cooterpoot
12-02-2018, 11:04 AM
GA has 2 losses. They don’t deserve to be in simply because they played a good half of football.

maroonmania
12-02-2018, 11:07 AM
GA has 2 losses. They don’t deserve to be in simply because they played a good half of football.

If you want the 4 best teams, GA would be in and would beat OK and would beat OSU. GA will be eliminated though because they had to play the best team in the country in their conference championship. Only team this year to give Bama a game and would have likely won had Blankenship made the 2nd half short FG.

TALL DAWG
12-02-2018, 11:24 AM
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Georgia
4. Notre Dame

those are the 4 best and most complete teams and in that order. And ND only in because they are undefeated and they did get the opening weekend win against Michigan. OK and OSU are both very talented but very flawed.

I assume though that we will end up with

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma

I wish UG could have won but no way they get in with 2 losses. They had their shot....while playing in their home state....but did not get it done.
Elephants and Tigers to championship game.

Cooterpoot
12-02-2018, 11:45 AM
GA lost to LSU. I’m not convinced they’re that good. They played one good half last night. The SEC is full of decent not good teams this year. GA was good but not great. But theres little difference in OK, OSU, & GA. The extra loss is the difference.

WSOPdawg
12-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Something to think about... Notre Dame's best win is against Michigan (by less than a TD), who Ohio State throttled by 30pts +/- and hung 60+ on. Wouldn't be surprised to see a

1) Bama
2) Clemson
3) Georgia
4) Oklahoma (best wins WVA 2x, Texas, is better than Ohio State)

While not probable, Notre Dame's resume and schedule falls short regardless of them being undefeated. Will/can Notre Dame be penalized for not playing a conference championship game?

MetEdDawg
12-02-2018, 12:40 PM
Oklahoma 4th and Georgia 5th. Ohio State 6th. Committee makes a big statement there. If Georgia hadn't lost to LSU they would have been in.

maroonmania
12-02-2018, 12:50 PM
I wonder if Rob ******* is any relation to Don *******?****

msstate7
12-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Oklahoma 4th and Georgia 5th. Ohio State 6th. Committee makes a big statement there. If Georgia hadn't lost to LSU they would have been in.

Interesting. I still think had Texas beaten Oklahoma the committee would've put Ohio st in over Georgia. With #5 not earning a spot, easier to rank Georgia ahead of Ohio st

maroonmania
12-02-2018, 01:01 PM
I am getting really tired of hearing how historically elite Oklahoma's offense is. Who is the best statistical defense they played? Army??

dawgday166
12-02-2018, 01:03 PM
I like Riley. He didn't lobby like Saban and Meyer do when they lose and may not get in.
Hope he wins the whole thing. No chance tho when Bama never gets called for penalties.