PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State always has a stud monster QB....

RougeDawg
12-02-2018, 12:41 AM
They just seem to keep churning out huge stud college QBs that never amount to anything in the NFL. It?s crazy how Urban keeps coaching up college QB?s. Hate to say this but none of his QBs without a certain coordinator have even sustained any stability in the NFL.

msstate7
12-02-2018, 12:49 AM
Isn't cardale Jones the only qb drafted under urban since Tebow?

Dawg61
12-02-2018, 02:05 AM
Alex Smith is pretty good

Dawg61
12-02-2018, 02:06 AM
Isn't cardale Jones the only qb drafted under urban since Tebow?

Don't think so. Braxton Miller and Terrelle Pryor are nfl players.

msstate7
12-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Don't think so. Braxton Miller and Terrelle Pryor are nfl players.

Pryor was drafted in supplemental draft in 2011 before urban took over. Miller only threw 1 pass his senior year at ohio st; he was drafted as wr

Hambone
12-02-2018, 08:01 AM
And Dan Mullen was on staff. That’s what he’s saying, since Mullen left there hasn’t been an NFL quality QB under Meyer

msstate7
12-02-2018, 08:04 AM
And Dan Mullen was on staff. That’s what he’s saying, since Mullen left there hasn’t been an NFL quality QB under Meyer

There is one now. Haskins is about as legit as they come... top 10 pick

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2018, 09:01 AM
On paper, Ohio State has Bama talent in the Big 10.

Thus there is no bigger mismatch currently in sports than the players on Ohio state's roster vs the conference they play in.

msstate7
12-02-2018, 09:08 AM
On paper, Ohio State has Bama talent in the Big 10.

Thus there is no bigger mismatch currently in sports than the players on Ohio state's roster vs the conference they play in.

Gonzaga MCB
UConn WCB

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Gonzaga MCB
UConn WCB

Yeah. Didn't think of those.

msstate7
12-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Yeah. Didn't think of those.

You know I have to be a prick and fact check every little thing haha

MedDawg
12-02-2018, 11:22 AM
They just seem to keep churning out huge stud college QBs that never amount to anything in the NFL. It?s crazy how Urban keeps coaching up college QB?s. Hate to say this but none of his QBs without a certain coordinator have even sustained any stability in the NFL.

For a college football fan, college production >>>>>> NFL production. While I am enjoying Dak's success in the NFL and now follow the Cowboys, I'd take success at MSU over NFL success every time.

I realize that NFL success helps a school recruit, but winning is better than NFL success for recruiting, too. That's why Ohio State keeps getting good QB's without them doing well in the NFL. Florida was like that under Spurrier and Meyer.

For programs that don't win championships, getting players into the NFL can make the difference for signing blue chippers. Like OM and wide receivers. State and defensive linemen. But even though OM has signed really good receivers, the BEST receivers are still going to the championship programs whether or not they have NFL success.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Not being sarcastic but how many do they have in the NFL?