PDA

View Full Version : Latest Bowl Projections

msudawg1200
12-01-2018, 08:40 PM
all have us in the Outback. Sports Iiustrated, SB Nation, NCAA.com, and 247. 247 changed is to the Outback about 3 hours ago. The guy who is their ?expert? had us in the MCB earlier. He is actually a Cock fan and I think he was hoping this would happen, but after today?s game even the South Carolina newspaper The State said it was most likely the Belk for the Cocks, Gator for the Aggies, and Outback for us.

msstate7
12-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Awesome

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 08:43 PM
I think we are going to the Outback too. I want to see what happens in these last two championship games before I feel comfortable.

As I said earlier it comes down to whether or not the SEC helps us out or not and to me it didn't make sense for them to not help us out after last year.

msstate7
12-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Outback vs NW?

msudawg1200
12-01-2018, 08:49 PM
I think we are going to the Outback too. I want to see what happens in these last two championship games before I feel comfortable.

As I said earlier it comes down to whether or not the SEC helps us out or not and to me it didn't make sense for them to not help us out after last year.

Last year and 1999 and 2010. I don’t want to get my hopes up to much, but from all accounts it is trending toward the Outback.

DLGDawg
12-01-2018, 08:52 PM
Last year and 1999 and 2010. I don?t want to get my hopes up to much, but from all accounts it is trending toward the Outback.

Maybe we can finally lift the ban.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2018, 09:01 PM

Those have no effect on us. Only the SEC stuff matters for us.

MarketingBully
12-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Rumor has it the SEC is going to force them to take us.

msudawg1200
12-01-2018, 09:15 PM

Which it should. There is no way that South Carolina team I watched today deserves a Florida bowl.

msudawg1200
12-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Outback vs NW?

The Big 10 selections are all over the place. The newspaper in Iowa said the Outback wants them and it will be most likely against us. Other projections have NW or Mich State. The Big 10 selection process is way more convoluted than the SEC’s. Teams can’t appear in the same bowl within a five year period, unless there is no choice and stuff like that. That’s why Iowa(2016) and NW(2015) don’t make sense, but there are waivers around it.

Dawgowar
12-01-2018, 09:44 PM
So we are NOT going to the ‘Suck a Lemon While Eating a Woe is Us Shitburger Bowl’ sponsored by ‘The First Bank of F.U. MSU’?

DogsofAnarchy
12-01-2018, 09:58 PM
all have us in the Outback. Sports Iiustrated, SB Nation, NCAA.com, and 247. 247 changed is to the Outback about 3 hours ago. The guy who is their ?expert? had us in the MCB earlier. He is actually a Cock fan and I think he was hoping this would happen, but after today?s game even the South Carolina newspaper The State said it was most likely the Belk for the Cocks, Gator for the Aggies, and Outback for us.

I have been saying we are going to the Outback Bowl since the Egg Bowl. Did you miss my posts?

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Outback vs NW?

Probably.

Last year and 1999 and 2010. I don’t want to get my hopes up to much, but from all accounts it is trending toward the Outback.

Agree that there have been times where we weren't helped. But the SEC has helped us in the past with other bowls too.

Those have no effect on us. Only the SEC stuff matters for us.

Had there been more upsets it would have moved LSU and Florida down potentially and that could have affected us. Fortunately that doesn't appear to be the case based on how the last two championship games are trending.

msstate7
12-01-2018, 10:10 PM
The Big 10 selections are all over the place. The newspaper in Iowa said the Outback wants them and it will be most likely against us. Other projections have NW or Mich State. The Big 10 selection process is way more convoluted than the SEC’s. Teams can’t appear in the same bowl within a five year period, unless there is no choice and stuff like that. That’s why Iowa(2016) and NW(2015) don’t make sense, but there are waivers around it.

Michigan st vs state is a bowl game nightmare. 2 of the top 5 defenses according to S&P+. Our offense is at 41 while there's is 114. That game has 17-3/20-3 written all over it our way

Jack Lambert
12-01-2018, 10:20 PM

Iowa has was there a few years ago. Don't know if that matters.

Pit Bull
12-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Confirmed!!! We are in the Outback!! Every expert says so.....here is my checklist.

Make reservations for the beach!
Break out the sunglasses.
Break out the sunscreen.
Break out the beach towels.
No jeans or slacks needed....just shorts and/or bathing trunks.

WooHoo Baby!!!!! Been waiting on this for years!!!! Outback Restaurant Ban has now been LIFTED!!!!

duncflydawg
12-01-2018, 10:23 PM
I think the fact that the SEC cannot afford anymore bad publicity helps as well.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Michigan st vs state is a bowl game nightmare. 2 of the top 5 defenses according to S&P+. Our offense is at 41 while there's is 114. That game has 17-3/20-3 written all over it our way

I don't care who it is or where so long as we win. Back to back 9 win seasons at MSU ain't nothing to sneeze at, AT ALL. .

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Confirmed!!! We are in the Outback!! Every expert says so.....here is my checklist.

Make reservations for the beach!
Break out the sunglasses.
Break out the sunscreen.
Break out the beach towels.
No jeans or slacks needed....just shorts and/or bathing trunks.

WooHoo Baby!!!!! Been waiting on this for years!!!! Outback Restaurant Ban has now been LIFTED!!!!

I'm still waiting until tomorrow. But I feel good about it.

ScoobaDawg
12-01-2018, 10:48 PM
IF NW somehow wins this, do we get Ohio St instead?

civildawg
12-01-2018, 11:01 PM
I hope so. Playing northwestern does nothing for me

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2018, 11:01 PM

Where are you hearing that? I hope they do because Outback wants to take A&M over us.

GreenheadDawg
12-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Where are you hearing that? I hope they do because Outback wants to take A&M over us.

Of course they do. ****ing pricks

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 11:10 PM

I'm guessing that he meant strongly encouraged by the SEC instead of "forced".

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 11:11 PM
Of course they do. ****ing pricks

If they do take us- the best thing we can do is have as many fans go as possible.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2018, 11:21 PM
I'm guessing that he meant strongly encouraged by the SEC instead of "forced".

However you word it I'm asking where's the rumor coming from? I know the Outback wants A&M will the SEC step in? We'll find out tomorrow.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 11:33 PM
However you word it I'm asking where's the rumor coming from? I know the Outback wants A&M will the SEC step in? We'll find out tomorrow.

I don't know about the rumor but all of the latest projections I have seen have us going to the Outback. Including from some that had us going to the Music City before. So, whether forced or not there seems to be a lot of smoke towards us going to the Outback Bowl.

I'm like you- we'll see tomorrow. My reservations are not made yet.

Pollodawg
12-01-2018, 11:33 PM
If it?s true, I take back everything I said about their food being shitty.

Please invite us to your totally not shitty Bowl.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2018, 12:52 AM
I don't care who it is or where so long as we win. Back to back 9 win seasons at MSU ain't nothing to sneeze at, AT ALL. .

This is where I'm at as well. We get the extra practices which helps immensely. Go win the bowl game, finish with 9 wins, finish with a great recruiting class, gives us a lot of momentum going into next year.

Todd4State
12-02-2018, 01:04 AM
This is where I'm at as well. We get the extra practices which helps immensely. Go win the bowl game, finish with 9 wins, finish with a great recruiting class, gives us a lot of momentum going into next year.

That's essentially the same season we had in 2010. I'll take that.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2018, 01:10 AM
That's essentially the same season we had in 2010. I'll take that.

Yep win the bowl finish with a 3 game winning streak including beating unm on the road. That creates a lot of positive forward momentum for Joe and our program.

Pit Bull
12-02-2018, 01:15 AM
Some other boards are saying LT is influencing the league to have the Outback take us. If he can, great for LT. Of course, most of you here will hate him regardless. And whether LT's influence is true or not, I do know one thing......LT is a MSU alum just like us and cares about MSU as much if not more so than us.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-02-2018, 01:26 AM
Some other boards are saying LT is influencing the league to have the Outback take us. If he can, great for LT. Of course, most of you here will hate him regardless. And whether LT's influence is true or not, I do know one thing......LT is a MSU alum just like us and cares about MSU as much if not more so than us.

Sound like something an OM board would say.

Todd4State
12-02-2018, 01:35 AM

Sankey has MSU ties as well. And probably more influence in this instance.

LT would send us to the Liberty Bowl so that the team wouldn't have to fly and then complain about how much it cost to gas up the bus.

Pit Bull
12-02-2018, 05:40 AM
Sound like something an OM board would say.

Actually I saw it on Genespage and SixPack from 2 different sources.

Pit Bull
12-02-2018, 05:41 AM
Sankey has MSU ties as well. And probably more influence in this instance.

LT would send us to the Liberty Bowl so that the team wouldn't have to fly and then complain about how much it cost to gas up the bus.

Didn't know Sankey went to MSU. Damn....I learn something every day.

Todd4State
12-02-2018, 06:16 AM
Didn't know Sankey went to MSU. Damn....I learn something every day.

He didn't go to MSU. His daughter I believe did.

gravedigger
12-02-2018, 07:56 AM

Where are you hearing that the outback wants A&M over us?

msudawg1200
12-02-2018, 08:00 AM
Where are you hearing that the outback wants A&M over us?

Nobody knows this as a fact. It’s a rumor started by some of these “experts”. It could be true, or it could be one of these “experts”(who are essentially just fanboys of their team) hoping to somehow manipulate the system.

basedog
12-02-2018, 08:04 AM
Msu verus Msu Outback Bowl

msstate7
12-02-2018, 08:06 AM

Nor do I. Michigan st is an easy 9th win over a name program.

Jarius
12-02-2018, 08:32 AM

Would be 4 9 win seasons in the past 5 years. But Bo Bounds says we are a 5-8 win program!

BrunswickDawg
12-02-2018, 09:40 AM
Would be 4 9 win seasons in the past 5 years. But Bo Bounds says we are a 5-8 win program!

We only count regular season wins around here****

BulldogBear
12-02-2018, 09:56 AM
We would probably be playing Penn State if it wasn't for the fact that Kentucky and NW played each other in 2017 Music City.

MetEdDawg
12-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Brett McMurphy 7 minutes ago on twitter says Outback vs Iowa is his prediction.

For what it's worth I saw a tweet from a Purdue person that says indications are we will play them in the Music City Bowl.

gravedigger
12-02-2018, 10:04 AM

Is it that difficult to type, "I believe the Outback wants to take A&M over us" when you dont actually know for a fact?

OR if you do and cannot say how, state that.

MarketingBully
12-02-2018, 10:07 AM
The SEC is pushing for us to go to the Outback. I’d say it’s not rumor now:

247Sports intel: The TaxSlayer Gator Bowl has narrowed its SEC selection to two teams — South Carolina or Texas A&M. Everything hinges on who the SEC puts in the Outback Bowl, which — as of Saturday night — appears to be Mississippi State, per sources. That would move the Aggies to the Gator and South Carolina to Charlotte (Belk).

This is from an Aggie Site and matches what a ton of others are saying.

DawgNamedScuba
12-02-2018, 10:09 AM
My gut is still telling me we may still get Penn State for the story line. Espn love their storylines or i just need to take a shit.

MarketingBully
12-02-2018, 10:10 AM
Brett McMurphy 7 minutes ago on twitter says Outback vs Iowa is his prediction.

For what it's worth I saw a tweet from a Purdue person that says indications are we will play them in the Music City Bowl.

90% of final bowl predictions are saying we are in the Outback Bowl. Would be really dumb for the bowl to go against who the SEC wants to put there but who knows.

msstate7
12-02-2018, 10:11 AM
My gut is still telling me we may still get Penn State for the story line. Espn love their storylines or i just need to take a shit.

No way the citrus passes on penn st

MarketingBully
12-02-2018, 10:14 AM
It’s better for the SEC to do this anyway since all of these teams have been in all of these bowls a ton of times but shaking it up and putting us in the Outback, A&M in the Gator, Missouri in the Liberty, and South Carolina in the Belk puts teams in Bowls they’ve never been in or at least haven’t been to in a long time.

Cooterpoot
12-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Fans better show up or we’ve been acting like damn fools for nothing.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Is it that difficult to type, "I believe the Outback wants to take A&M over us" when you dont actually know for a fact?

OR if you do and cannot say how, state that.

I didn't know I had to provide a thesis when I posted. I thought my original post was pretty clear.

msstate7
12-02-2018, 10:57 AM

I won't be able to make it, which is why I haven't been bent out of shape either way. Wish I could go though

msstate7
12-02-2018, 10:59 AM
I didn't know I had to provide a thesis when I posted. I thought my original post was pretty clear.

A thesis isn't required, but a thesis statement with 2 supporting points and one source will be required going forward

Quaoarsking
12-02-2018, 11:26 AM
Personally, I care a lot more about our opponent than the location of the bowl game. I'd rather play West Virginia in Memphis than Northwestern anywhere.

My preferred opponent would be Penn State, and I'm totally indifferent over whether that's Citrus or Outback.

StarkVegasSteve
12-02-2018, 12:58 PM

We won't. We'll have 6-7K there. But the bowl doesn't care. They've already made their money

mstatefan91
12-02-2018, 01:05 PM
What time are they announcing?

Todd4State
12-02-2018, 01:48 PM

Yep. That's the best way to stop the "they won't travel" nonsense.

Howboutdemdogs
12-02-2018, 02:02 PM
No matter what the decision will be, we will be there.