PDA

View Full Version : Still no Scott Lashley seen on the Bama OL

Coach007
12-01-2018, 07:18 PM
Yep yep... mistake you made.

DogsofAnarchy
12-01-2018, 07:27 PM
I wish someone would make a list of all the players that go out of state and we hear VERY little from them after. When a player goes to another state, they have no loyalty to them. The best players play but if the talent is close, the hometown hero is on the field.

Saltydog
12-01-2018, 07:36 PM
field but yeah, he would've already had significant p/t if he had stayed home.....

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2018, 07:55 PM
Maybe just maybe he's not good. No guarantee he would've played here either.

WinningIsRelentless
12-01-2018, 07:56 PM
Sounds like to me we wouldn?t won?t him and got saved.

DogsofAnarchy
12-01-2018, 07:56 PM

Read my post carefully.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 07:59 PM

We're starting a guard at RT. I'd say the odds are pretty high that he would be at least playing as much as Tyre Phillips and more than likely starting.

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 08:23 PM
We're starting a guard at RT. I'd say the odds are pretty high that he would be at least playing as much as Tyre Phillips and more than likely starting.

And you know this how? Maybe he's just a bust. It's possible. You are speaking in generalities because he signed w bama. Nothing more.

Cooterpoot
12-01-2018, 08:24 PM
His ass would ride our pine too.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 08:37 PM
And you know this how? Maybe he's just a bust. It's possible. You are speaking in generalities because he signed w bama. Nothing more.

He's currently the top back up at LT at Alabama currently behind a first round pick. And like I said we're starting a guard at RT. I'd say based on that there is a good chance we would start him based on a lack of depth alone. There is no "generality" about that.

Maybe he's a guy that we didn't recruit hard enough because he was from West Point and we just assumed he would come here. Hevesy was certainly known for that.

Also- Eiland and Reese were not exactly all-SEC players this year. They're young and have potential- but they struggled at times.

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 08:43 PM
He's currently the top back up at LT at Alabama currently behind a first round pick. And like I said we're starting a guard at RT. I'd say based on that there is a good chance we would start him based on a lack of depth alone. There is no "generality" about that.

Maybe he's a guy that we didn't recruit hard enough because he was from West Point and we just assumed he would come here. Hevesy was certainly known for that.

Also- Eiland and Reese were not exactly all-SEC players this year. They're young and have potential- but they struggled at times.

And lashley isn't the backup at left tackle either. If he was, he would have been in the game today. But whatever.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 08:50 PM
And lashley isn't the backup at left tackle either. If he was, he would have been in the game today. But whatever.

Yeah- whatever.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/alabama/89923

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_football_team

https://rolltide.com/documents/2018/11/26//12_1_18_Georgia.pdf?id=12477 (Page 33 of PDF file for official Alabama football depth chart for SEC Championship Game)

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Yeah- whatever.

https://rolltide.com/documents/2018/11/26//12_1_18_Georgia.pdf?id=12477 (Page 33 of PDF file for official Alabama football depth chart for SEC Championship Game)

This is a little mis-leading I believe

If I'm correct, I believe Leatherwood is a swing guy & is the top backup at both RT & LT

Leeshouldveflanked
12-01-2018, 09:05 PM
Lashley didn’t come in when the LT moved to RT when the starting RT helmet came off.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2018, 09:06 PM
Who? Never heard of him since he left West Point.

Bass Chaser
12-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Womack came in. He lost his starting spot this year.

DeputyDawg94
12-01-2018, 09:18 PM
What about Nigel Knott? Is he still at Bama?

SailingDawg
12-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Sophomores don't play at Alabama. They're deep enough so that players have to earn a spot in their fourth or fifth year.

Exceptions noted.

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Yeah- whatever.

Ha. The great depth chart. Hahaha. He didn't play and their left tackle came out for a play. But yeah. Whatever.

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Lashley didn’t come in when the LT moved to RT when the starting RT helmet came off.

Don't let facts get in the way of all knowing Todd. He says he would be starting here. He knows. Smh.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Don't let facts get in the way of all knowing Todd. He says he would be starting here. He knows. Smh.

Just like you knew all about Jamal Peters the entire time.**

But yes- you know more than Nick Saban, Mario Christobal Alabama's o-line coach who offered him, and Hevesy who didn't pull his offer because we all know that Saban is going to offer and keep a guy on the roster to prevent a guy from helping a team that hasn't beaten him in 10 years.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 10:01 PM
This is a little mis-leading I believe

If I'm correct, I believe Leatherwood is a swing guy & is the top backup at both RT & LT

Who happens to be a five star talent. If both of their tackles go down I'm pretty sure Lashley would go in and play.

WinningIsRelentless
12-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Who happens to be a five star talent. If both of their tackles go down I'm pretty sure Lashley would go in and play.

He was literally like the 3rd T off the bench for them in garbage time all year. Big body but horrible feet and soft as hell.

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Just like you knew all about Jamal Peters the entire time.**

But yes- you know more than Nick Saban, Mario Christobal Alabama's o-line coach who offered him, and Hevesy who didn't pull his offer because we all know that Saban is going to offer and keep a guy on the roster to prevent a guy from helping a team that hasn't beaten him in 10 years.

Didn't know Jamal had made an nfl roster yet, has he?? He got better I'll give him that. But he's not a lock down man cb. Just not.
And keep reaching bro. Nobody said I knew more than them. Just stupid. But keep deflecting. Dude isn't second team. Just like he guy we had listed as second team center wasn't our backup. This isn't the band, when second chair goes to first if first is sick for a week.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 10:09 PM
He was literally like the 3rd T off the bench for them in garbage time all year. Big body but horrible feet and soft as hell.

The real question is not is he as good as a typical Alabama player but is he good enough to help us? I would venture to say yes he would because again- we're starting a guard at RT.

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;1036111]Who happens to be a five star talent. If both of their tackles go down I'm pretty sure Lashley would go in and play.[/QUOTE

Well we know he's not the third. But you weren't paying attention. Shocking.

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 10:12 PM
The real question is not is he as good as a typical Alabama player but is he good enough to help us? I would venture to say yes he would because again- we're starting a guard at RT.

Who happened to be our best tackle this year. But glad you are an oline guru now too

WinningIsRelentless
12-01-2018, 10:13 PM

He would be in the same position here.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Didn't know Jamal had made an nfl roster yet, has he?? He got better I'll give him that. But he's not a lock down man cb. Just not.
And keep reaching bro. Nobody said I knew more than them. Just stupid. But keep deflecting. Dude isn't second team. Just like he guy we had listed as second team center wasn't our backup. This isn't the band, when second chair goes to first if first is sick for a week.

When you are saying that a player isn't that good and someone like Nick Saban and one of the best o-line coaches want that player on their team- they are disagreeing with you.

Accuse me of deflecting and then come back with "Jamal hasn't made a NFL roster yet" and "lockdown corner" when no one has ever said that he was and before the NFL draft? LOL. This is a player that is projected that is going to go in the third round of the NFL draft that you insisted that he sucks as a player- not just a "lockdown NFL corner". So excuse me for not taking any of your football evaluations seriously.

Keep trying to impress people with your hard hitting and mostly wrong "sports knowledge" when all you are is a washed up failure of an athlete.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Who happened to be our best tackle this year. But glad you are an oline guru now too

Better than Jenkins? You're an idiot.

Speaking of o-line guru- I'll go with Christobal and yes even Hevesy over you when it comes to o-line evaluations. At a bare minimum.

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Better than Jenkins? You're an idiot.

Hell you are proving you are a dumbass. Jenkins plays center of us. But carry on w you knowledge. Clueless.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 10:18 PM
He would be in the same position here.

Then why hasn't Saban processed him?

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 10:19 PM
When you are saying that a player isn't that good and someone like Nick Saban and one of the best o-line coaches want that player on their team- they are disagreeing with you.

Accuse me of deflecting and then come back with "Jamal hasn't made a NFL roster yet" and "lockdown corner" when no one has ever said that he was and before the NFL draft? LOL. This is a player that is projected that is going to go in the third round of the NFL draft that you insisted that he sucks as a player- not just a "lockdown NFL corner". So excuse me for not taking any of your football evaluations seriously.

Keep trying to impress people with your hard hitting and mostly wrong "sports knowledge" when all you are is a washed up failure of an athlete.

Well at least I WAS and athlete. So there's that. Tuba boy.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Hell you are proving you are a dumbass. Jenkins plays center of us. But carry on w you knowledge. Clueless.

Eh. Misread that post. I thought you said best o-lineman. Neither tackle was a world beater. And you're still a dumbass if you think that we're moving our best tackle to guard.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Well at least I WAS and athlete. So there's that. Tuba boy.

Keep bragging about it Al Bundy. You're still washed up and a failure.

On top of that- the funny thing is I'm pretty sure I'm more athletic than you are right now.

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Eh. Misread that post. I thought you said best o-lineman. Neither tackle was a world beater. And you're still a dumbass if you think that we're moving our best tackle to guard.

When did I say anything about moving our best tackle to guard dude?? Just stop. You're on skates. Gonna fall and hurt yourself.

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Keep bragging about it Al Bundy. You're still washed up and a failure.

Hahahahaha. Best you can do. Sad. Truly sad. Washed up better than, never was.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 10:26 PM
When did I say anything about moving our best tackle to guard dude?? Just stop. You're on skates. Gonna fall and hurt yourself.

I'M saying Reese is moving to guard next year.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Hahahahaha. Best you can do. Sad. Truly sad.

Still better than your "best". Not that the bar is high.

What's truly sad is you are a former "athlete" and the band guy knows more about it than you.

Brahmabull
12-01-2018, 10:39 PM
Wait, what? We are discussing if Lashley could play at State!? Sometimes coaches, recruiting websites and fans just miss on a guy. Lashley is that guy!

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Still better than your "best". Not that the bar is high.

What's truly sad is you are a former "athlete" and the band guy knows more about it than you.

Here is your problem. You don't know shit. Nothing. Well whatever your uncle told you about baseball, that's it. Everything else you are lost. Just keep throwing shot against the wall and something will stick. You never played or coached anything but you TALK loud enough that you've become a self proclaimed guru. I love it when I read one of your "this is what I think will happen" posts. Makes me laugh out loud it so wrong. But carry on, it's qualit entertainment.

Brahmabull
12-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Todd - I don’t know you and you don’t know me, BUT I do know you don’t know what the 17 you are talking about. Time to crawl back in the hole. Try again with something else. You are just wrong on this topic.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Here is your problem. You don't know shit. Nothing. Well whatever your uncle told you about baseball, that's it. Everything else you are lost. Just keep throwing shot against the wall and something will stick. You never played or coached anything but you TALK loud enough that you've become a self proclaimed guru. I love it when I read one of your "this is what I think will happen" posts. Makes me laugh out loud it so wrong. But carry on, it's qualit entertainment.

I don't "have a problem". I'm not the one that starts calling people names on a message board first because they don't agree with something. I'm also not the one sending PM's to people accusing them of giving negative rep on their posts like you did with me a few months ago. You do that and then in the PM call me "sensitive"? THAT'S hilarious.

"I don't know shit"- and here WE are both posting on the same message board. And it's really rich when you tell me or anyone else that I/they don't know shit when you are the one who is wrong at least half the time. I guess my uncle knows more than whoever coached you.** For whatever that's worth. So I learned about sports/baseball from someone? Who on here didn't? (You didn't come out of the womb knowing everything about sports? Man, you suck at sports knowledge.) I don't even understand what kind of a putdown that is supposed to be.

I probably should just take George Carlin's advice and stop arguing with an idiot since you are bringing me down to your level before you beat me with experience.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 11:08 PM
Todd - I don’t know you and you don’t know me, BUT I do know you don’t know what the 17 you are talking about. Time to crawl back in the hole. Try again with something else. You are just wrong on this topic.

Time will tell.

Homedawg
12-01-2018, 11:12 PM
I don't "have a problem". I'm not the one that starts calling people names on a message board first because they don't agree with something. I'm also not the one sending PM's to people accusing them of giving negative rep on their posts like you did with me a few months ago. You do that and then in the PM call me "sensitive"? THAT'S hilarious.

"I don't know shit"- and here WE are both posting on the same message board. And it's really rich when you tell me or anyone else that I/they don't know shit when you are the one who is wrong at least half the time. I guess my uncle knows more than whoever coached you.** For whatever that's worth. So I learned about sports/baseball from someone? Who on here didn't? (You didn't come out of the womb knowing everything about sports? Man, you suck at sports knowledge.) I don't even understand what kind of a putdown that is supposed to be.

I probably should just take George Carlin's advice and stop arguing with an idiot since you are bringing me down to your level before you beat me with experience.

Dude you sent me a pm. I can screen shot it and send it back if you'd like. You can claim you didn't send it but u less you someone hijacked your computer or phone you are guilty. You went full fledge ***** claiming you didn't. I don't give one flying he'll about rep on here. Not one. Especially from you. But I don't send pissy as pm's to people like you did. Not shocked coming from a band dude though. Got your feelings hurt and all.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 11:28 PM
Dude you sent me a pm. I can screen shot it and send it back if you'd like. You can claim you didn't send it but u less you someone hijacked your computer or phone you are guilty. You went full fledge ***** claiming you didn't. I don't give one flying he'll about rep on here. Not one. Especially from you. But I don't send pissy as pm's to people like you did. Not shocked coming from a band dude though. Got your feelings hurt and all.

So- you're saying that I sent you a PM about that first? WTH? Yeah- screen shot that for me asshole.

Obviously you don't care about rep but yet you go around PM me about it. *****.

Coach007
12-02-2018, 12:13 AM
Yeah- whatever.

That's incorrect. He did not play today

Thick
12-02-2018, 12:18 AM
I really don’t understand the argument. If Lashley wanted to be in Starkville, well he would have signed with us. He chose Bama, and I hope that he never sees the field EVER. Getting a ring while being a scout team lineman for the first and second team defense is complete horseshit. The Wommack kid from Magnolia Heights started last year as a freshmen, so what does that say about Lashley. Maybe he’s a bust, bc Wommack did come in tonight to replace a banged up tackle while Lashley was apparently enjoying the game from the sidelines.

Schultzy
12-02-2018, 12:22 AM
They did not sign him to play football, only to discourage MSU and its faithful just because they could. Certainly not for the good of the kid.

Todd4State
12-02-2018, 01:01 AM
I really don’t understand the argument. If Lashley wanted to be in Starkville, well he would have signed with us. He chose Bama, and I hope that he never sees the field EVER. Getting a ring while being a scout team lineman for the first and second team defense is complete horseshit. The Wommack kid from Magnolia Heights started last year as a freshmen, so what does that say about Lashley. Maybe he’s a bust, bc Wommack did come in tonight to replace a banged up tackle while Lashley was apparently enjoying the game from the sidelines.

Wommack is a redshirt junior.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-02-2018, 01:11 AM
They did not sign him to play football, only to discourage MSU and its faithful just because they could. Certainly not for the good of the kid.

Lol

Pit Bull
12-02-2018, 01:20 AM
Yep yep... mistake you made.

Lots and lots of BAMA players wait around 4-5 years before they get their starting chance. Then, they play their one and only year, and go pro.

msbulldog
12-02-2018, 09:22 AM
Damn nothing like a good argument to make you skip a whole page!

basedog
12-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Lol

I had to laugh as well, in fact I'm cleaning up the coffee I spit on my keyboard. LOL

basedog
12-02-2018, 09:39 AM
I have to tell y'all, Todd has grown on me, his post are usually more positive than you naysayers.

Now back to the disagreement, now where did I put my popcorn...…..

Cooterpoot
12-02-2018, 10:14 AM
I don’t get why State fans care what Lashley does. He’s certainly not as good as his ranking was, and that would’ve dropped had he signed with us. He’d be depth but that’s about it. He wouldn’t be doing anymore for us than he is for them. Stop even talking about him. Move on.

BankerDog
12-02-2018, 11:05 AM
We came out on the better end of that deal. I told everyone both he and Knott wouldn?t ever play there much less here. Give me Simmons over Lashley and Knott every time.

Coach007
12-02-2018, 11:22 AM
We came out on the better end of that deal. I told everyone both he and Knott wouldn?t ever play there much less here. Give me Simmons over Lashley and Knott every time.

Why not all 3?

Thick
12-02-2018, 12:07 PM
Wommack is a redshirt junior.

Who cares Todd? He signed with Alabama, and he cannot crack the first or second teams at the school he signed with.