PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to play UT

Mudhole
12-01-2018, 07:04 AM
https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2018/11/30/report-hugh-freeze-imminent-to-tennessee/

Drewbowski
12-01-2018, 08:02 AM
I'll believe it when a someone other than a fansite reports it.

DownwardDawg
12-01-2018, 08:16 AM
I’ll never understand the love for Freeze as a coach. His playbook; everybody go out and get open!!!
If they cheat their asses off and buy prostitutes to lure all the top talent in the country, then he’ll do fine. Everyone thinks he’s great because he beat Bama twice, with a bunch of bought players. If Kiffin has a clue then neither of those wins would have happened. I thought every person in the world knew that you run the ball down their throats but Kiffin threw it all over the field which gave ole miss the chance they needed.

Really Clark?
12-01-2018, 08:22 AM
The source on this is from an OM/IMG tie who is very close to Hugh. What that article is, is self-serving. It’s telling schools, according to Hugh, that the SEC won’t block him now. Whether he gets Tenn or not (his hire is close but Tenn is still interviewing 2 other good OC’s??). It also sucks up to Pruitt and Tenn

basedog
12-01-2018, 08:40 AM
Gotta remember who the AD is now? Fulmer helped get Johnny Majors dismissed while he was recovering from a heart attack, plus he cheats sneaky good. To me he is scum especially what he did to Majors.

DancingRabbit
12-01-2018, 11:57 AM
I’ll never understand the love for Freeze as a coach. His playbook; everybody go out and get open!!!
If they cheat their asses off and buy prostitutes to lure all the top talent in the country, then he’ll do fine. Everyone thinks he’s great because he beat Bama twice, with a bunch of bought players. If Kiffin has a clue then neither of those wins would have happened. I thought every person in the world knew that you run the ball down their throats but Kiffin threw it all over the field which gave ole miss the chance they needed.

Hugh (and Gus) lost a little bit of their genius when other coaches and SEC refs figured out how to handle the hurry-up aspect of their offenses. Other than that, Hugh just gets good, big receivers and throws bubble screens and 50/50 balls. I think at times he's shown himself to be a very good play-caller. But his character flaws will always dog him.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Freeze and Pruitt just don't seem like a good match.

Would definitely be an odd couple. I can't imagine they'd ever speak to each other.

RocketDawg
12-01-2018, 12:32 PM
Freeze and Pruitt just don't seem like a good match.

Would definitely be an odd couple. I can't imagine they'd ever speak to each other.

Well, they're both pretty much goobers so they might get along.

Dawgology
12-01-2018, 12:51 PM
If they hire him, mark my words well, within two years they will be under major NCAA investigation.

Prediction? Pain.
12-01-2018, 01:00 PM
As a State fan in East Tennessee, I've always had plenty of reason to be annoyed with UT. The past decade of mediocrity/garbage has tempered their fans' obnoxious sense of entitlement a little, but even then, every time they show signs of life, they get zonked out on their orange glue fumes again. If they hire Freeze, it'll just be another log on my smoldering fire of disdain.

Man, I hope Shoop sticks around. I'd love to see his feelings toward UT and our fans' feelings toward Freeze come together to form a laser beam of white hot defensive rage on the field in Knoxville next season.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Alabama's OC is a candidate to be the head coach at Maryland. Could be something to watch.

I think that this is Freeze just putting his name out there to stay relevant. Not getting hired by Bama last year is very telling

Bully13
12-01-2018, 01:35 PM
Any team that cuts a paycheck to freezus is a whore

Pit Bull
12-01-2018, 05:54 PM
They just got Eric Gray it appears....not sure if they are already opening the checkbook or what, but if Freeze is joining them, the checkbook will soon be opened. Freeze knows all the Memphis private school coaches and Gray comes from one of the most prominent of them.

Pit Bull
12-01-2018, 05:56 PM
As a State fan in East Tennessee, I've always had plenty of reason to be annoyed with UT. The past decade of mediocrity/garbage has tempered their fans' obnoxious sense of entitlement a little, but even then, every time they show signs of life, they get zonked out on their orange glue fumes again. If they hire Freeze, it'll just be another log on my smoldering fire of disdain.

Man, I hope Shoop sticks around. I'd love to see his feelings toward UT and our fans' feelings toward Freeze come together to form a laser beam of white hot defensive rage on the field in Knoxville next season.

I would too, but unfortunately this year's MSU defensive team won't be at Knoxville next year.