PDA

View Full Version : Pac 12 Championship game

RocketDawg
11-30-2018, 09:01 PM
Utah just got some OM luck on that interception. Reminded me of the Alabama game of a few years ago when they got a bounce off a helmet.

This has got to be the worst attended conference championship game I've ever seen. I'll bet the place is full in Atlanta tomorrow.

Coursesuper
11-30-2018, 09:10 PM
Utah just got some OM luck on that interception. Reminded me of the Alabama game of a few years ago when they got a bounce off a helmet.

This has got to be the worst attended conference championship game I've ever seen. I'll bet the place is full in Atlanta tomorrow.

This looks like a couple of 7-5 teams in our league.

RocketDawg
11-30-2018, 09:13 PM
This looks like a couple of 7-5 teams in our league.

Or worse. Just not very good.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 09:14 PM
Ugly sloppy game. Neither of these teams are world beaters.

trob115
11-30-2018, 09:37 PM
We beat both of these teams by 3 scores.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 09:40 PM
I don't think either one of these teams would cross the 50 on our defense

Coursesuper
11-30-2018, 09:56 PM
Man, there are ten's of ten's of people at that game.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 10:00 PM
There is no one at this game. Dang it's enpty

Coursesuper
11-30-2018, 10:27 PM
This is just shitty football.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 10:31 PM
This is just shitty football.

Yep it's awful #11 and #17 lol. It reminds me of the 3-2 game

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 10:46 PM
These teams suck geez

msstate7
11-30-2018, 11:00 PM
Dammit Peterson... why didn't you go there? I've got Washington -5

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 11:02 PM
Dammit Peterson... why didn't you go there? I've got Washington -5

Do we need to get you the number to gamblers anonymous lol

msstate7
11-30-2018, 11:04 PM
Do we need to get you the number to gamblers anonymous lol

Only if I lose

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2018, 11:05 PM
These offenses suck

I don't see play makers on the field.

We'd beat both of these team 28-6 or so.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 11:08 PM
Only if I lose

Lol I hear ya!

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 11:09 PM
These offenses suck

Im not sure either of these teams would score on us.

Just no speed on the field accent gaskin and both defenses are mega slow

msstate7
11-30-2018, 11:13 PM
These offenses suck

S&p+ really likes Washington defense... #8. They only defense we played at that level or better is bama. Not sure we'd score 28. I think you got their point total right though

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 11:14 PM
S&p+ really likes Washington defense... #8. They only defense we played at that level or better is bama. Not sure we'd score 28. I think you got their point total right though

Auburn put up over 20 on uw and I would take our offense over auburn

msstate7
11-30-2018, 11:15 PM
Auburn put up over 20 on uw and I would take our offense over auburn

Maybe. 1st game though... Kentucky scored 28 on us early too

msstate7
11-30-2018, 11:16 PM
I definetely think we'd beat Washington, but they have good DBs. We'd really struggle throwing

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 11:17 PM
Maybe. 1st game though... Kentucky scored 28 on us early too

Yeah hypotheticals don't ever work out to well lol. No way to know but I feel comfortable saying we would beat yw.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 11:20 PM
Utah just got bama treatment

msstate7
11-30-2018, 11:21 PM
Utah just got bama treatment

Good clean coverage haha

I win that bet

Todd4State
11-30-2018, 11:21 PM
We needed Washington to win. So far so good.

Hopefully no upsets this weekend.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2018, 11:22 PM

You may be right. We'd score 21-28. Washington's offense would be 3 and out most of the night and we'd have the call a ton.

Either way, they wouldn't score more than 6-9.

This game and the rankings of these teams just shows how unfair college football is in regards to rankings and perception.

The football lives of those two teams is completely different that what we experience.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 11:23 PM
You may be right. We'd score 21-28. Washington's offense would be 3 and out most of the night and we'd have the call a ton.

Either way, they wouldn't score more than 6-9.

This game and the rankings of these teams just shows how unfair college football is in regards to rankings and perception.

The football lives of those two teams is completely different that what we experience.

Night and day difference but I love that we compete against the very best. Much more entertaining

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2018, 11:30 PM
Night and day difference but I love that we compete against the very best. Much more entertaining

agree. It's pushes us and is why we care so much.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2018, 11:49 PM

Exactly.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 02:10 AM

It definitely helps us in bowl season.

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2018, 02:43 AM
I definetely think we'd beat Washington, but they have good DBs. We'd really struggle throwing

What is this throwing you speak of? Is that a new way of saying run the ball down their throat and make them like it?

smootness
12-01-2018, 10:16 AM
We scored 0, 3, 6, and 7 in games this year. There is no way we can say confidently we would score 21+ on a good defense.

msstate7
12-01-2018, 10:20 AM
We scored 0, 3, 6, and 7 in games this year. There is no way we can say confidently we would score 21+ on a good defense.

I agree. I think we'd win 17-7/14-6 type game. I'd take the under on 30 points. That's a crazy statement, but I'd do it

Coursesuper
12-01-2018, 10:34 AM

The speed on the field, for both teams on both sides of the ball, is nowhere near the speed in the SEC, that factor is the major difference between the leagues. That leads to mismatches on both sides of the ball and it would give State a significant edge.

msstate7
12-01-2018, 10:43 AM
The speed on the field, for both teams on both sides of the ball, is nowhere near the speed in the SEC, that factor is the major difference between the leagues. That leads to mismatches on both sides of the ball and it would give State a significant edge.

3 of their front 7 are projected to be drafted this year. That defense is good

Coursesuper
12-01-2018, 11:04 AM
3 of their front 7 are projected to be drafted this year. That defense is good

Three on the front do not equate to team speed on defense, I'm sorry. You can talk statistics and hypothetical situations all you want but those teams are slow period. The back end of those defenses are an SEC offensive coordinators dream. This is a situation where the Jimmy's and Joe's would make a huge huge difference.

The situation your aspousing is one that is the equivalent of several high school games I saw this year, one team had three or four good players and the other had 11. It was an ass whipping every time.

msstate7
12-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Three on the front do not equate to team speed on defense, I'm sorry. You can talk statistics and hypothetical situations all you want but those teams are slow period. The back end of those defenses are an SEC offensive coordinators dream. This is a situation where the Jimmy's and Joe's would make a huge huge difference.

The situation your aspousing is one that is the equivalent of several high school games I saw this year, one team had three or four good players and the other had 11. It was an ass whipping every time.

Since 2014, Washington has had 12 defensive players taken in the nfl draft. They'll have at least 3 more this year. Sorry, they have good defensive talent there

And those in this hypothetical matchup, them having a great front 7 is terrible for us.

msstate7
12-01-2018, 11:19 AM
We scored 35 on om for God's sake... I do agree we'd beat Washington in a close,low scoring game, but we wouldn't come close to 4 tds

Coursesuper
12-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Since 2014, Washington has had 12 defensive players taken in the nfl draft. They'll have at least 3 more this year. Sorry, they have good defensive talent there

If you can't see that the teams on the field last night were slow then you just can't be helped. That they have had kids drafted is anecdotal evidence and has absolutely nothing to do with the teams that were on the field last night. That is the discussion here, not shat that has happened in the past few years. UW and Utah are slow and neither of those teams are above the 7 win mark in our league. By the way The University of Mississippi is going to have 3 or more players form their offense drafted this year.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2018, 11:20 AM
There needs to be a PAC-SEC bowl game.

msstate7
12-01-2018, 11:27 AM
If you can't see that the teams on the field last night were slow then you just can't be helped. That they have had kids drafted is anecdotal evidence and has absolutely nothing to do with the teams that were on the field last night. That is the discussion here, not shat that has happened in the past few years. UW and Utah are slow and neither of those teams are above the 7 win mark in our league. By the way The University of Mississippi is going to have 3 or more players form their offense drafted this year.

I get it. We are the most BA offense ever. No way a good defense could slow our juggernaut offense down.

Coursesuper
12-01-2018, 11:36 AM
I get it. We are the most BA offense ever. No way a good defense could slow our juggernaut offense down.

No you just don't get it, there in lies the issue. My premise is that they and much of that league do not possess the caliber of athletes that are in the SEC yet they are ranked much higher than us, due to fewer losses. If they played in our league they wouldn't have as good a record as they do now. How we play them I've said nothing about. Those teams just don't have the team speed or depth to compete over the long haul of an SEC season.

msstate7
12-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Delete

coachnorm
12-01-2018, 02:11 PM

Just some info for fellow Elite Doggers regarding the Pac12. The Pac12 Conference Game is doomed to be second class because the NETWORKS mandate a Friday game. Friday night traffic in the Bay Area is nothing short of "Chinese Water Torture" to start of with. To subject themselves to torture a local needs to take time off from work. For visiting fans, they will pay expenses higher than most of the country and then subject themselves to traffic torture to get to Levi Stadium? The sports version of "The Bataan Death March"?

Commercecomet24
12-01-2018, 02:21 PM
No you just don't get it, there in lies the issue. My premise is that they and much of that league do not possess the caliber of athletes that are in the SEC yet they are ranked much higher than us, due to fewer losses. If they played in our league they wouldn't have as good a record as they do now. How we play them I've said nothing about. Those teams just don't have the team speed or depth to compete over the long haul of an SEC season.

This is the correct answer. Team speed is lacking big time.

msstate7
12-01-2018, 02:24 PM
This is the correct answer. Team speed is lacking big time.

The hypothetical was us vs Washington and how many points we'd score on them. Who are the elite speed guys on our offense?

Commercecomet24
12-01-2018, 02:27 PM
The hypothetical was us vs Washington and how many points we'd score on them. Who are the elite speed guys on our offense?

There defense is slow, slower than any team we've played this year. We would score 20+ on them. Auburn put 20+ on them and there defense hasn't gotten any better or faster

msstate7
12-01-2018, 02:30 PM
There defense is slow, slower than any team we've played this year. We would score 20+ on them. Auburn put 20+ on them and there defense hasn't gotten any better or faster

Interesting that those guys are too slow to play vs sec teams, but they can play in the nfl.

Todd4State
12-01-2018, 03:45 PM

Washington is a badass defense?

Hahahahahaha.

msstate7
12-01-2018, 03:55 PM
Washington is a badass defense?

Hahahahahaha.

S&p defensive rating and our offensive point total...
Alabama #6 and 0 points
LSU #13 and 3 points
Auburn #18 and 23 points
Kentucky #21 and 7 points

Washington is #8. We've faced 4 top 25 advanced stat defenses and scored 33 points (avg of 8.25 per game). All I said is we wouldn't score much, but still win. Not sure how you guys can support an idea that we score a bunch of points vs Washington