PDA

View Full Version : Yo, you NFL Draft Aficionados...

TUSK
11-30-2018, 01:20 AM
What's y'all's thoughts on the SEC outlook...?

From what I've seen/been told, it's "loaded" (especially Rd 1).

MetEdDawg
11-30-2018, 01:29 AM
It would not shock me if half of the 1st round is from the SEC. I think the number will probably be 12 to 14, but it could get to 16 which is just insane to think about.

parabrave
11-30-2018, 01:40 AM
It's supposed to be a defense heavy 1st round. So yeah at least 10 I can think of in the 1st.

TUSK
11-30-2018, 01:50 AM
I'm guessin' 1st round is >50% from SEC... 18 of 32 on one of the sites I check out...

And yes,,,, It's way heavy this year for D Linemen....

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2018, 04:43 AM
I'm guessin' 1st round is >50% from SEC... 18 of 32 on one of the sites I check out...

And yes,,,, It's way heavy this year for D Linemen....

I saw one mock draft that had the first 10 picks were Dline.

WinningIsRelentless
11-30-2018, 07:25 AM
It?s so DL heavy don?t be surprised to see Jeffery Simmons return for his senior year.

DawgRockur
11-30-2018, 07:59 AM
It?s so DL heavy don?t be surprised to see Jeffery Simmons return for his senior year.

Did you forget the asterisks? Simmons is gone and rightfully so.

WinningIsRelentless
11-30-2018, 08:35 AM
Did you forget the asterisks? Simmons is gone and rightfully so.

It?s 50/50 right now. His mom wants him to come back and with a heavy dl draft this year it could benefit him greatly contract wise to come back and finish his degree. Plus it would give him one more year away from the ?incident?.

Matt3467
11-30-2018, 08:44 AM
It?s 50/50 right now. His mom wants him to come back and with a heavy dl draft this year it could benefit him greatly contract wise to come back and finish his degree. Plus it would give him one more year away from the ?incident?.

If he comes back that would be huge.

Scared_Hitless
11-30-2018, 10:13 AM
He isn't coming back, just stop. Does not matter how loaded a draft is if your a top 3 player in it. He will go top 15 and be a millionaire in just a few months. Another good ambassador for our University in the league.

MetEdDawg
11-30-2018, 10:22 AM
He isn't coming back, just stop. Does not matter how loaded a draft is if your a top 3 player in it. He will go top 15 and be a millionaire in just a few months. Another good ambassador for our University in the league.

I will say this. Clemson disproved all of this last year. Their DL had multiple first round picks on it and they came back.

Not saying that has any bearing on this situation with Simmons but it can and does happen around the NCAA.

WinningIsRelentless
11-30-2018, 11:39 AM

You have no clue. Others are going to be taken over him because of what happened in HS because of the environment of the world we live in today. Once that happens it depends on the draft order of the teams and their immediate needs so he could easily drop to late first round.

Now let?s look at the rookie year contracts from last year:

1st pick contract was for $33,158,294 with $22,185,152 of that as a signing bonus

10th pick contract $17,841,032 with $11,045,690 as signing

15th pick $13,651,129 contract value signing $7,998,494

31st pick $9,589,930 contract value signing $5,044,895

So if it is clear you aren?t for sure a top 10 pick and you are in a heavy position group class with a small blimp on your past then why aren?t you better off coming back and being a lock for Top 5 or 10 next year?

The university has already started pricing the insurance cost for his policy.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-30-2018, 11:53 AM
We're preparing for Jeffrey not to be here.

Covercorner2
11-30-2018, 11:54 AM
What's y'all's thoughts on the SEC outlook...?

From what I've seen/been told, it's "loaded" (especially Rd 1).

Delete

TStationDawg
11-30-2018, 11:57 AM
I actually planning on being at the draft!!! Super excited! I'd love to be there when 3 Dawgs are taken in the first round! All things I've heard is Jeffery is consistently being graded out as first or second DL of this class. Selfishly, hoping he falls to my Titans! Him and Casey would be murder to put up with! No way that happens though. I'd equally love Sweat or Abrams to come here too though!

Dolphus Raymond
11-30-2018, 12:02 PM
Thinking back on past draft nights: "I'd have to say, yea." Sorry, I could not resist.

Homedawg
11-30-2018, 12:35 PM

Hahahahahahahahha. Surely you are kidding. That's the dumbest thing I've heard.

dawgs
11-30-2018, 12:51 PM
You have no clue. Others are going to be taken over him because of what happened in HS because of the environment of the world we live in today. Once that happens it depends on the draft order of the teams and their immediate needs so he could easily drop to late first round.

Now let?s look at the rookie year contracts from last year:

1st pick contract was for $33,158,294 with $22,185,152 of that as a signing bonus

10th pick contract $17,841,032 with $11,045,690 as signing

15th pick $13,651,129 contract value signing $7,998,494

31st pick $9,589,930 contract value signing $5,044,895

So if it is clear you aren?t for sure a top 10 pick and you are in a heavy position group class with a small blimp on your past then why aren?t you better off coming back and being a lock for Top 5 or 10 next year?

The university has already started pricing the insurance cost for his policy.

Well, he'd never be a #1 pick, so disregard that number. The comparison of the 10th to 15th pick is appropriate, but that ~$4M difference is nothing compared with getting to his FA years a season sooner. If he flames out the FA won't be a big deal, but if he has a fletcher cox-type start to his career, he gets to the big money deal 1 year sooner leaving now than if he stuck around and that's the big financial difference, which also means he can get paid big money 1 more year before she catches up with him on the backside of his career.

Homedawg
11-30-2018, 01:51 PM

one more year from the incident isn't going to change a thing. he's been a model citizen for 3 years, there is still mention it will hurt his stock, if it does now it will a year from now.

StarkVegasSteve
11-30-2018, 01:51 PM

This is actually true. It all comes down to what grade he's given. Jeff enjoys college life and loves playing for Mississippi State. If he's given a grade outside of the Top 15 picks, don't be surprised if we see him on the field opening night in the Superdome. I'd say it's 65/35 he goes as of now.

WinningIsRelentless
11-30-2018, 01:58 PM
This is actually true. It all comes down to what grade he's given. Jeff enjoys college life and loves playing for Mississippi State. If he's given a grade outside of the Top 15 picks, don't be surprised if we see him on the field opening night in the Superdome. I'd say it's 65/35 he goes as of now.

And his mom wants him to finish his degree

WinningIsRelentless
11-30-2018, 02:00 PM
one more year from the incident isn't going to change a thing. he's been a model citizen for 3 years, there is still mention it will hurt his stock, if it does now it will a year from now.

When it?s a heavy dt draft like you have this year it is huge. It isn?t much difference in any of them besides whatever off the field issues might come up.

Scared_Hitless
11-30-2018, 02:35 PM
Your setting yourself up for disappointment, Jeffery is going to get a top 10 grade he is that good. He is going to destroy the combine, without his past he is top 5 pick. Be happy he gave us three good years and wish him well. Having guys like Dak, Mckinney, Cox, CJ, Slay being top NFL players is only going to help us long term.

Scared_Hitless
11-30-2018, 02:38 PM
I actually planning on being at the draft!!! Super excited! I'd love to be there when 3 Dawgs are taken in the first round! All things I've heard is Jeffery is consistently being graded out as first or second DL of this class. Selfishly, hoping he falls to my Titans! Him and Casey would be murder to put up with! No way that happens though. I'd equally love Sweat or Abrams to come here too though!

Be ready it is going to happen. Jeff, Montez, Elgton, Abram all have a legit chance at 1st round. Really anxious to see how it plays out.

Political Hack
11-30-2018, 03:58 PM
Terrible year for offense. Great depth for defense. The DL is this draft is ridiculous.

Lord McBuckethead
11-30-2018, 05:25 PM
Finish it in the off season, and hire a really good wealth management firm and do what they say.
Have a good life Simmons. Manage your money wisely, take advice and direction from your wealth manager, and your kids kids will be doing alright.
Also, hire a wealth manager from a large city firm, not someone you know or is friends of someone you know.

TALL DAWG
11-30-2018, 09:28 PM
Well, he'd never be a #1 pick, so disregard that number. The comparison of the 10th to 15th pick is appropriate, but that ~$4M difference is nothing compared with getting to his FA years a season sooner. If he flames out the FA won't be a big deal, but if he has a fletcher cox-type start to his career, he gets to the big money deal 1 year sooner leaving now than if he stuck around and that's the big financial difference, which also means he can get paid big money 1 more year before she catches up with him on the backside of his career.

Jeffery has a chance to be BETTER than Fletcher. Let that sink in!
No way he comes back in 2019.
He will get one hail of a 2nd contract also.

parabrave
11-30-2018, 09:48 PM
And always say Mississippi State for your Intro.

Jarius
12-01-2018, 12:15 AM
I have some ocean front property in Nebraska for some of you.

TUSK
12-01-2018, 12:37 AM
Dude is a lock to be a top 30/40 pick.

Stahp