PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Baseball Schedule..........

Pit Bull
11-29-2018, 11:04 PM
....https://hailstate.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball

mparkerfd20
11-29-2018, 11:26 PM
3 game series with USM? I don't like it.

Homedawg
11-29-2018, 11:34 PM

They owed us a return series. And why not??

Homedawg
11-29-2018, 11:35 PM
Well we missed a week wo playing a swac school

Pit Bull
11-29-2018, 11:58 PM
Frisco Tourney looks pretty competitive. I went to Houston last year for the Shriner's Classic and Sam Houston State had a pretty good baseball team and a great fan following. Add in TTech and Nebraska and it should be good weekend test.

Todd4State
11-30-2018, 03:06 AM

I don't either because I like playing them in Jackson/Pearl.

The schedule is very home heavy- which of course is the opposite of last year. I'd like to see us play more in Pearl and Biloxi. Maybe at Autozone as well. Doesn't have to be against Memphis- could be at Autozone against Arkansas State or UT-Martin or someone like that.

And when I say "more" in Pearl I mean the Gov Cup, USM, and then maybe one other game against someone like ULM or La Tech.

Also- MSU should charge anyone wearing USM gear 40 dollars to get a ticket out of principle.

Todd4State
11-30-2018, 03:08 AM
Frisco Tourney looks pretty competitive. I went to Houston last year for the Shriner's Classic and Sam Houston State had a pretty good baseball team and a great fan following. Add in TTech and Nebraska and it should be good weekend test.

ECU is a good team as well. That's a fairly big midweek match up for us. USM series should be good as far as RPI as well. Samford is usually not too bad.

dantheman4248
11-30-2018, 03:29 AM
Literally 1 true road game in non-conference. Love the heavy home slate.

Pit Bull
11-30-2018, 03:32 AM
ECU is a good team as well. That's a fairly big midweek match up for us. USM series should be good as far as RPI as well. Samford is usually not too bad.

And just seeing "Maine" on the schedule gives me shivers of thinking about when they upset us in football. Also, seems like back in the day Polk took the team for a Regional at Orono, Maine. I don't think we won it.....can't quite remember who did. I wanna say Clemson was in that regional too and they won it.....but, my mind fades, so I could be all wrong on that.

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2018, 09:31 AM
I don't either because I like playing them in Jackson/Pearl.

The schedule is very home heavy- which of course is the opposite of last year. I'd like to see us play more in Pearl and Biloxi. Maybe at Autozone as well. Doesn't have to be against Memphis- could be at Autozone against Arkansas State or UT-Martin or someone like that.

And when I say "more" in Pearl I mean the Gov Cup, USM, and then maybe one other game against someone like ULM or La Tech.

Also- MSU should charge anyone wearing USM gear 40 dollars to get a ticket out of principle.

I would bet you see very few non-con away games for the next few years. With the new Dude, we are going to try to maximize revenues at home.