PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame women

RocketDawg
11-29-2018, 08:06 PM
I'm halfway watching their game right now, waiting on Dallas/New Orleans to start. They're ahead of Iowa by 20, but they don't seem to be world-beaters to me. I think we would take them, maybe easily.

Ezsoil
11-30-2018, 10:24 AM
I'm halfway watching their game right now, waiting on Dallas/New Orleans to start. They're ahead of Iowa by 20, but they don't seem to be world-beaters to me. I think we would take them, maybe easily.

I believe this year's MSU team is Vic's best....I've been to every game and they are solid in every aspect and unlike last year, this team is 11 deep...the on ball defense is incredible and Vic has actually broken out a zone on a few trips down the court....while that may not seem like a big thing to most....it is great to see that he has evolved to allow it to at least be in the toolbox. The scoring is balanced and deep ..inside and out....we will see when they play Oregon...but see another perfect regular season.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-30-2018, 10:40 AM
We are not world beaters either.

Cooterpoot
11-30-2018, 10:48 AM
Texas will give us all we want. They’re very athletic.

trob115
11-30-2018, 11:13 AM
We should handle Texas. Their best player is out for the year now.

Ezsoil
11-30-2018, 05:49 PM
We are not world beaters either.

Dude what planet are you on? Have you WATCHED a game? The execution is far superior than last year .....and yes I have attended every home game and NCAA tournament game in the last three years. By almost every metric this year's team is one of the best teams in the country offensively and defensively....the shooting has been outstanding because they are taking quality shots by being efficient. Defensively, they are far better as they have size to go along with depth they never had last year....

Dawg2003
11-30-2018, 06:29 PM
ND can play ugly, ugly basketball, but they always seem to pull out a win. Their players also look kind of slow and unathletic. I actually watched them a lot last year, and they seem to thrive when they are down. It's like they never die and always come back. One thing they have that we don't is a clear alpha they can take over a game when things are going bad. That is one thing we are missing this year. Hopefully, someone will emerge is that player that Vivians was last year. We also have a big drop off in our point guard position from first to second string.

Dawg2003
11-30-2018, 06:31 PM
Dude what planet are you on? Have you WATCHED a game? The execution is far superior than last year .....and yes I have attended every home game and NCAA tournament game in the last three years. By almost every metric this year's team is one of the best teams in the country offensively and defensively....the shooting has been outstanding because they are taking quality shots by being efficient. Defensively, they are far better as they have size to go along with depth they never had last year....

I agree with a lot of this. If all the pieces come together, this year's team has a higher ceiling them last years. We simply have more talented players overall now and a deeper bench. Last year, we had Vivians and McCowan and three role players. Granted, they played their roles very well. We also had excellent point guard play from our first and second string.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-30-2018, 06:36 PM
Idk if we are perfect but I think ezsoil is right about the ceiling and Vic has them executing at a high level early. Considering these players haven't been playing together very long I think that bodes well for March.

We are longer and more athletic than last year, with more versatile lineups. Jessica Carter (currently 8th nationwide in blocks) gives us depth we didn't have last year to withstand early foul trouble by McCowan. We were missing the go-to scorer coming in but Espinoza-Hunter has every chance to develop into that quickly - especially if she can get something going towards the basket. I'd argue we upgraded at the 2 & 3 spots, especially with Danberry finishing her shots. Experience will be a factor come tournament time but as a staff and program we've played more tourney games the last 2 years than anybody in the country.

I think alot of ppl are hesitant to build up expectations after reaching the program's high-water mark & losing 4 seniors 2 years in a row but this team can be every bit as good or better and our fans need to start acting like it.