PDA

View Full Version : Boxing fans: Wilder vs Fury

BeastMan
11-29-2018, 12:00 PM
We?ve wanted a high-profile heavyweight boxing match forever and we have a legitimate one. Wilder is a freak athlete with freak power and Fury is an incredible technical boxer being the guy who beat Klitcho. The presser was insane and I think this is a cant miss fight. The winner goes on to be the next huge boxing star and box office guy.

https://youtu.be/3JNQ-_z_9zo

Really Clark?
11-29-2018, 12:21 PM
I do want the champion to face Joshua and completely unify all belts in a match. I think that would be bigger but this match has a ton of value

Scared_Hitless
11-29-2018, 12:28 PM
Should be fun. Not sure if Wilder has much more than a puncher's chance as he lacks the technical expertise to hang with a guy like Fury. But as always with him it only takes 1 punch.

Regardless of what happens here I just don't see Joshua stepping up to fight the winner. He is a cash cow in EU and sells out 70k seat stadiums fighting bums. Why take the risk both of these guys offer. That is why my respect for Wilder and Fury grew so much' both are pursuing greatness and are not scared to loss the 0 from their record.

BeastMan
11-29-2018, 12:35 PM
Should be fun. Not sure if Wilder has much more than a puncher's chance as he lacks the technical expertise to hang with a guy like Fury. But as always with him it only takes 1 punch.

Regardless of what happens here I just don't see Joshua stepping up to fight the winner. He is a cash cow in EU and sells out 70k seat stadiums fighting bums. Why take the risk both of these guys offer. That is why my respect for Wilder and Fury grew so much' both are pursuing greatness and are not scared to loss the 0 from their record.

Exactly. It’s best on best. As smart as Floyd’s career was handled, he definitely dodged guys at certain times. Plus with the Klitch brothers owning the division post Lennox Lewis. They never left Russia. We haven’t had this

Bully13
11-29-2018, 12:40 PM
Thanks beast. I saw the PPV ad and was impressed. We'll never get back to the days of Ali, Frasier & Foreman though as long as fans are forced into dropping $50 to watch a title fight. I'll never forget as an 8th grader when a title fight was upcoming. Advertising was not needed because conversations and heated debate across the country were all that was needed among the people.

At least we have something being billed as a Title fight. That's progress.

StarkVegasSteve
11-29-2018, 12:46 PM
Wilder is closest thing to Mike Tyson we've seen in a while. He has legitimate one punch KO power and is extremely crafty and knowing when and where to throw it. Fury will without a doubt be his toughest opponent yet. Should be a hell of a fight, but the longer it goes the more you favor Fury.

BeastMan
11-29-2018, 01:11 PM
Wilder is closest thing to Mike Tyson we've seen in a while. He has legitimate one punch KO power and is extremely crafty and knowing when and where to throw it. Fury will without a doubt be his toughest opponent yet. Should be a hell of a fight, but the longer it goes the more you favor Fury.

Spot-on. That said, a puncher always has a chance. Only thing on the comparison, Wilder is 6’7. He’s a monster. His comparison is a tough one. Even Tyson can’t touch his knockout ratio though. Wilder knocks out everyone.

Saltydog
11-29-2018, 01:22 PM
boxing in the late 80's to mid 90's (when Tyson was in his prime) was much competitive than what it is now.

Bully13
11-29-2018, 01:43 PM
I must admit, Tyson in his prime was the most dominant sob I've ever seen

StarkVegasSteve
11-29-2018, 02:00 PM
I must admit, Tyson in his prime was the most dominant sob I've ever seen

Tyson was something the world had never seen, nor I believe will ever see again. The ruthlessness of the KO's increased the Tyson aura as much as the KO's themselves did. He had an almost Ivan Drago like approach. "If he dies, he dies"

BeastMan
11-29-2018, 03:32 PM
boxing in the late 80's to mid 90's (when Tyson was in his prime) was much competitive than what it is now.

Good point.

So where are the predictions? I’m leaning Wilder ko but every round past 4 I start moving the other direction. Fury moves pretty well and he’s crafty but he doesn’t always use his full length advantage at 6’9. This will be the one fight Wilder has fought where he could potentially fight from the outside if Fury can keep him off. Huge if though

gtowndawg
11-29-2018, 03:45 PM
I just finished reading two boxing books. One was written by Ali's Dr. called The Twelve Greatest Rounds in Boxing History. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also just finished George Foreman's biography. Foreman would kill Tyson Fury. Look at Fury's body when he takes off that shirt and look at Foreman in his prime. He was a giant man that was just naturally strong and fast. And he wasn't fake mean like Fury, he was for real mean (before his conversion). He's said many times he wanted to kill someone in the ring to get the respect he deserved.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/18/e7/1e/18e71e4fa0db312c821c4e29ebdf163d.jpg

gtowndawg
11-29-2018, 03:57 PM
Ha ha, so apparently Big George says both of them would have beaten him but I'm thinking George is being a little humble :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eUq1gY_ap4

TheRef
11-29-2018, 08:57 PM
Also, consider that Fury is TECHNICALLY the linear champion due to him having to vacate his belts after not being able to do his mandatory rematch. But whoever wins Wilder/Fury will have a legitimate claim to fight Anthony Joshua who backed out like a 17'n b**** when Wilder offered him $50 Million and 50/50 split of revenue. Wilder wanted it to happen, Joshua didn't want any part of it. Whoever wins this match should have a mandatory right to fight Joshua for the unified, undisputed heavyweight championship

Bothrops
11-29-2018, 09:27 PM
Mike Tyson was the world's scariest fighter and knock out artist until the super heavyweights came along.