PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M vs MSU

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2018, 10:44 PM
If the Outback Bowl Cartel needs to be reminded who won between A&M & MSU, here are the highlights. A&M being chosen over MSU with same record is despicable & an absolute indictment on those that are responsible for lobbying for MSU's bowl destination. We expect better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFqa17l97U0

msstate7
11-28-2018, 11:16 PM
Last year Michigan (8-4) got outback over Michigan st (9-3). Michigan st beat Michigan at Michigan and finished ahead of the wolverines in big10 standings

Todd4State
11-28-2018, 11:34 PM
Here's the thing:

They did have a better conference record BUT that's because we had to play Florida and South Carolina got 1-7 Ole Miss. A&M did play Clemson but they lost to them.

MSU beat them head to head, and is ahead of them in every poll. I think a lot of that is because most experts felt like the LSU game so poorly officiated that it's actually hurting A&M's case.

If we don't go to the Outback and they pick a team that we beat and was gifted a game because of officiating- that makes me pretty upset as a MSU fan. In my mind they don't deserve it over us.

parabrave
11-29-2018, 02:58 AM
Here's the thing:

They did have a better conference record BUT that's because we had to play Florida and South Carolina got 1-7 Ole Miss. A&M did play Clemson but they lost to them.

MSU beat them head to head, and is ahead of them in every poll. I think a lot of that is because most experts felt like the LSU game so poorly officiated that it's actually hurting A&M's case.

If we don't go to the Outback and they pick a team that we beat and was gifted a game because of officiating- that makes me pretty upset as a MSU fan. In my mind they don't deserve it over us.

Todd you are forgetting one major item that the aggies have over MSU. An Alumni base probably 5-8 times our size. Thats why the Sugar Bowl hates it whenever LSU goes there. Not alot of hotel rooms sold.

Pit Bull
11-29-2018, 04:31 AM
South Carolina will pad on another W this weekend when they host Akron in a makeup game due to the hurricane that hit them earlier. They will finish at 7-4 and make themselves more attractive to the bigger bowls. The Gamecocks have one of the best fan bases in college football. They travel well. I remember when they were like 0 wins one year and still packed in 80,000 a game at Williams-Brice. They have the same conference record as we do and only lost to UF by 4 pts. It wouldn't surprise me at all if a bowl took them over us solely due to their fan base.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2018, 06:48 AM
Conference record has nothing to do with it. No bowl will take an unranked team over us. That?s ridiculous.
A&M had to get to 8 wins to jump us and they did. Their money is better than ours.

msstate7
11-29-2018, 07:08 AM
Conference record has nothing to do with it. No bowl will take an unranked team over us. That?s ridiculous.
A&M had to get to 8 wins to jump us and they did. Their money is better than ours.

Didn't outback take South Carolina over us last season? South Carolina was 8-4 (5-3) and unranked; we were 8-4 (4-4) and ranked in 20s.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2018, 07:18 AM
Nope because we were never on the list for the Outback. But, SC, FL, & MI have been their teams of choice regularly. Our fan base isn’t big enough for them. They were going to be stuck with us this year til the refs took over the A&M game (lol).

Really Clark?
11-29-2018, 08:41 AM
Didn't outback take South Carolina over us last season? South Carolina was 8-4 (5-3) and unranked; we were 8-4 (4-4) and ranked in 20s.

Yep

Really Clark?
11-29-2018, 08:42 AM

They took unranked USCe last year over ranked team. I do agree though that TAM had to win over LSU to beat us out but once that happened and they finished 2 spots higher in the league, I knew it was going to be an issue

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2018, 09:07 AM
One other thing that hurts us that hasn't been mentioned: All the bitching our fans have been doing about us "underachieving." That hurts, a lot. Bowls want teams that travel well. A disappointed fanbase doesn't travel well. So if we get passed over we need to be sure and point one finger squarely at ourselves.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2018, 09:26 AM
They took unranked USCe last year over ranked team. I do agree though that TAM had to win over LSU to beat us out but once that happened and they finished 2 spots higher in the league, I knew it was going to be an issue

Because we lost to a terrible UM team and lost our QB. We lost 2 of the last 3 games. We were not on their final list of teams because of that. And you can't blame them. We weren't going to travel to a bowl game and we didn't. Plus, we lost our "star". This year isn't that way. The Outback was ours til A&M won that last game. They've got the money. SC has been there numerous times and they didn't want them again.

Really Clark?
11-29-2018, 09:35 AM
Because we lost to a terrible UM team and lost our QB. We lost 2 of the last 3 games. We were not on their final list of teams because of that. And you can't blame them. We weren't going to travel to a bowl game and we didn't. Plus, we lost our "star". This year isn't that way. The Outback was ours til A&M won that last game. They've got the money.

You stated no bowl will take an unranked team over us. They did just last year. I didn’t see a list of extenuating cirmstances in your previous stance on the subject. Honestly I think it was more about USCe travels better and would bring more money, we both were 8-4 but USCe was 5-3 in the SEC and 2nd in the east, we were 4th in the West. In the SEC and Bowl eyes they took the higher rated team, CFP rankings was irrelevant to them

Cooterpoot
11-29-2018, 09:40 AM
Because there were circumstances involved that allowed for that. In a normal year where we finish strong and healthy etc, they're not jumping us. I didn't realize I had to spell things out for you. I was speaking of THIS year.

msstate7
11-29-2018, 09:45 AM
Because there were circumstances involved that allowed for that. In a normal year where we finish strong and healthy etc, they're not jumping us. I didn't realize I had to spell things out for you. I was speaking of THIS year.

2016 citrus took 8-4 (5-3) lsu over 9-3 (6-2) Florida. Florida finished 1st in east and in sec championship game; LSU was 3rd in west

Cooterpoot
11-29-2018, 09:48 AM
2016 citrus took 8-4 (5-3) lsu over 9-3 (6-2) Florida. Florida finished 1st in east and in sec championship game; LSU was 3rd in west

And both were ranked teams. We're talking unranked jumping us THIS year. It wasn't happening. And look how often FL has played in the Outback.
Why are you trying discuss the last few years. Each year has different circumstances from teams playing their previously, to weak finishes, injuries, etc. This year, no unranked SEC was jumping us. It was us, with them hoping for A&M.

msstate7
11-29-2018, 09:51 AM
And both were ranked teams. We're talking unranked jumping us THIS year. It wasn't happening. And look how often FL has played in the Outback.

I'm just of the opinion these bowls will do what they want within reason. I don't think there's any hard and fast rules

Cooterpoot
11-29-2018, 09:52 AM
I'm just of the opinion these bowls will do what they want within reason. I don't think there's any hard and fast rules

Within reason, they do. And our conference takes the money and our school gives in.

Really Clark?
11-29-2018, 09:58 AM

We don’t have that circumstance this year with Outback so it’s a moot point. But they did make that choice last year. And you stated NO BOWL will take an unranked team over us. Well the Gator Bowl will because neither them or us want to go back right now and in that sense they will take an unranked team over us. The Texas Bowl at this time is not high priority on either side so they may go with Auburn. Granted those are more convoluted situations and dependent on other selections. There is also talk of ranked MO getting the Liberty and Vandy going to the Belk over them. Vandy is a big issue because nobody wants them really, especially Music City

Jack Lambert
11-29-2018, 10:05 AM
What is this about a bowl taking a ranked team over a un ranked team? I thought the Bowls had no say who they get. That is what some of you said on the other thread. So what is it. The SEC makes the decisions or the bowl get to pick?

Cooterpoot
11-29-2018, 10:12 AM
We don’t have that circumstance this year with Outback so it’s a moot point. But they did make that choice last year. And you stated NO BOWL will take an unranked team over us. Well the Gator Bowl will because neither them or us want to go back right now and in that sense they will take an unranked team over us. The Texas Bowl at this time is not high priority on either side so they may go with Auburn. Granted those are more convoluted situations and dependent on other selections. There is also talk of ranked MO getting the Liberty and Vandy going to the Belk over them. Vandy is a big issue because nobody wants them really, especially Music City

"Will"...I didn't say "Hasn't". I said they "Won't" take one. As in, this year. We're the attractive girl you've got on a string. A&M is the hot mofo you'd kill to bang. They got that chance and they hit it.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2018, 10:14 AM
What is this about a bowl taking a ranked team over a un ranked team? I thought the Bowls had no say who they get. That is what some of you said on the other thread. So what is it. The SEC makes the decisions or the bowl get to pick?

Both. The SEC will step in when they want to. The SEC has the final say, but they'll go along with it if it's reasonable. The SEC used their power to level out some of these bowl games because we weren't getting favorable matchups a fews years ago. The tied in with these bowls with the agreement they had final say. They won't make a bowl take a team they had last year or have had a lot. But they're going to grease the hands that pay the bills.

Dawgology
11-29-2018, 10:29 AM
If the Outback Bowl skips us again then our long-game, revenge boycott continues!**

https://clark.com/shopping-retail/outback-carrabbas-and-bonefish-closing/