PDA

View Full Version : Did the Confederates really honor Breeland ....

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2018, 08:51 PM
Speeks at the Egg Bowl? I've seen that elsewhere. If so Sankey might want to mention that at the little meeting.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2018, 08:57 PM
Yes they did. And what the hail is this meeting everyone keeps mentioning?

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2018, 08:58 PM

Sankey is forcing Bjork and Cohen to come to Birmingham for a meeting about the Egg Bowl.

RocketDawg
11-28-2018, 08:58 PM

Sankey has called Cohen and Bjork to the principal's office for a chewing out.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2018, 09:08 PM
And what the hail is this meeting everyone keeps mentioning?

Sanky is inviting Bjork to come star in his own snuff film.

MaroonFlounder
11-28-2018, 09:22 PM
So the AD that had his assistant out at midfield calling our Conerly Trophy winner a thug...is gonna be in the league office in Birmingham to claim that MSU is the reason for mean-spirited rivalry?

What kind of alternate-universe twilight zone episode are we living in now? Holy Hell.

Goldendawg
11-28-2018, 09:33 PM
Some article said that part of the reason for the toxic relationship was due to so many small town MS players on each team who have played against others before and know or despise each other so well. Now what Ms town is that UM Coral QB from? Seems to have picked up the hate rather quickly.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2018, 09:37 PM
Speeks at the Egg Bowl? I've seen that elsewhere. If so Sankey might want to mention that at the little meeting.

Speaks is subject to the NFL. It truly might have been the only game.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2018, 09:39 PM
Sankey has called Cohen and Bjork to the principal's office for a chewing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogh1kHwivrI

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2018, 09:42 PM
Speaks is subject to the NFL. It truly might have been the only games.

They knew exactly what they were doing.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2018, 09:44 PM
They knew exactly what they were doing.

I am not arguing what they were doing. I agree. I am just saying they will have cover.

Dawgology
11-28-2018, 09:59 PM
Yes. And yet we are the ones making the rivalry “toxic”. Lmao!!

Ari Gold
11-28-2018, 10:03 PM
Its never an issue when they win.. it’s toxic when we kick that ass.. it’s prerty simple and that’s all The Commish really needs to know

SailingDawg
11-28-2018, 10:05 PM
Speaks should be Exhibit A!

Todd4State
11-28-2018, 10:21 PM
Its never an issue when they win.. it’s toxic when we kick that ass.. it’s prerty simple and that’s all The Commish really needs to know

I don't really understand why he is having the meeting. It's not going to change anything about how the they think.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2018, 10:50 PM
I don't really understand why he is having the meeting. It's not going to change anything about how the they think.

You can't stop a 100 years of hate. I think it has gotten worse because State has surpassed Mississippi and they can't take it.

Mobile Bay
11-28-2018, 11:31 PM
You can't stop a 100 years of hate. I think it has gotten worse because State has surpassed Mississippi and they can't take it.

We have a top 25 team in all four major sports. (FB, MBB, WBB, Baseball). What do they have?

Todd4State
11-28-2018, 11:42 PM

I absolutely 100% agree. For their entire life they have been taught that they were superior to us in football and that was the one thing that their bad to average teams could always hang their hats on. Since Jackie took over we have the edge in the series by two games now. It has taken away the one thing that they felt like they could count on year in and year out. They flipped out in 2001 after Fant beat Eli. And then Dan says that we're on the rise and they absolutely flip out again.

Think about when the last time the rivalry was probably considered "good natured and fun" by Ole Miss- probably 2008 when we had Croom, lost to them 45-0, and they were going to Cotton Bowls.

I'm a fairly competitive person by nature. And the way I was always taught growing up and going through life was if someone is better than you or you don't get a result you like- you go back and work on it and get better until you hopefully get the result you want. But with Ole Miss it's like they just expect to be able to cut corners and cheat without consequence and they're shocked when it doesn't work out for them and they end up as bad or maybe worse than ever before. And all of their accomplishments are tainted.

Bodaski
11-29-2018, 10:26 AM
I absolutely 100% agree. For their entire life they have been taught that they were superior to us in football and that was the one thing that their bad to average teams could always hang their hats on. Since Jackie took over we have the edge in the series by two games now. It has taken away the one thing that they felt like they could count on year in and year out. They flipped out in 2001 after Fant beat Eli. And then Dan says that we're on the rise and they absolutely flip out again.

Think about when the last time the rivalry was probably considered "good natured and fun" by Ole Miss- probably 2008 when we had Croom, lost to them 45-0, and they were going to Cotton Bowls.

I'm a fairly competitive person by nature. And the way I was always taught growing up and going through life was if someone is better than you or you don't get a result you like- you go back and work on it and get better until you hopefully get the result you want. But with Ole Miss it's like they just expect to be able to cut corners and cheat without consequence and they're shocked when it doesn't work out for them and they end up as bad or maybe worse than ever before. And all of their accomplishments are tainted.

I agree with you. But I ,think the rivalry ramped up when Bob Tyler was HC at MSU. He was a Johnny Vaught guy and knew how OM played the game. He used some of the same methods at MSU as was being used at OM. started leveling the playing field and probably had it tilting MSU's way more than ever before. Bellard won with Tyler's players. Bellard didn't like to recruit and we started slipping again after the Tyler group graduated and the Bellard recruits were taking over. In comes Rocky, a young coach asked to take over a squad that wasn't given much hope but Rocky and his staff managed to start off 6-0 his 1st year. The recruiting didn't change as much as some thought and Billy Brewer was brought in at OM. He knew their games and was punished by the NCAA for cheating, which included ladies visiting from the Memphis area, looks like a pattern here, same thing the NCAA mentioned just recently. And here we are now, with different coaches, but the same situation from 30-35 years later. Amazing and proof that the more things are expected to change, the more they stay the same.

AlSwearengen
11-29-2018, 11:46 AM
Speaks being recognized at the egg bowl is taking things to a whole new level. If he hadn’t broken Fitz’s leg and only acted an ass the whole time and went on to recover the fumble, o.k., honor him. But, the broken leg changes things. At the least, it is horrible optics.

I would like to hear Tusk’s or another non MSU fan’s take on this.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2018, 04:48 PM
Speaks being recognized at the egg bowl is taking things to a whole new level. If he hadn?t broken Fitz?s leg and only acted an ass the whole time and went on to recover the fumble, o.k., honor him. But, the broken leg changes things. At the least, it is horrible optics.

I would like to hear Tusk?s or another non MSU fan?s take on this.

Speaks was ejected..... EJECTED..... from the 2017 for throwing a punch. ....and They recognized him at the 2018 EB. Just ridiculous.