PDA

View Full Version : QB Khalil Tate Likely to Transfer from Arizona

afranzo
11-28-2018, 01:26 PM
Just to start the conversation... an option for us?

Article Link (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807967-report-qb-khalil-tate-likely-to-transfer-from-arizona-due-to-oc-noel-mazzone)

msstate7
11-28-2018, 01:29 PM
I wish

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2018, 01:30 PM
He can't throw. Doesn't fit us

msstate7
11-28-2018, 01:32 PM
He can't throw. Doesn't fit us

Passer rating doesn't fit your statement. Career 146.3 rating, 8.3 yds/pass, and 56.8 comp %.

msstate7
11-28-2018, 01:54 PM
2018 pac 12 leaders in rating:
1. Costello - Stanford
2. Browning - Washington
3. Tate - Arizona
4. Minshew - WSU
5. Herbert - Oregon

2017:
1. Tate
2. Browning
3. Darnold
4. Rosen
5. Wilkins - asu

Yds/pass 2018:
1. Browning
2. Costello
3. Tate
4. Herbert
5. Wilkins

2017:
1. Tate
2. Darnold
3. Rosen
4. Browning
5. Wilkins

ESPN qbr rated Tate the #2 qb in the country last season. Qb rating had him 29th

Joe wants a vertical passing game, and this is what Tate does. I'd rather have him than the others we're pursuing. With that said, I think he'd be a tough pull, but worth a shot

BeardoMSU
11-28-2018, 01:57 PM
Auburn

msstate7
11-28-2018, 01:59 PM
Auburn

God, I hope not. Think nick marshall

sandwolf
11-28-2018, 02:56 PM
2018 pac 12 leaders in rating:
1. Costello - Stanford
2. Browning - Washington
3. Tate - Arizona
4. Minshew - WSU
5. Herbert - Oregon

2017:
1. Tate
2. Browning
3. Darnold
4. Rosen
5. Wilkins - asu

Yds/pass 2018:
1. Browning
2. Costello
3. Tate
4. Herbert
5. Wilkins

2017:
1. Tate
2. Darnold
3. Rosen
4. Browning
5. Wilkins

ESPN qbr rated Tate the #2 qb in the country last season. Qb rating had him 29th

Joe wants a vertical passing game, and this is what Tate does. I'd rather have him than the others we're pursuing. With that said, I think he'd be a tough pull, but worth a shot

You know you are a real pain in the ass sometimes, but damn if I don't love it when you call people out for making stupid, ill informed posts with no basis in reality. Now I get to watch shotgun act like none of that matters and post a bunch of BS technical breakdowns of Tate's footwork, ball trajectory, arm action, etc. using a bunch of phrases he learned on the internet. Good times.

Coach007
11-28-2018, 03:28 PM
So long as we are trying to better the chances of winning and building the program.. I'm fine with it

Cooterpoot
11-28-2018, 03:29 PM
He's a whole 14 spots higher rated than Fitz. Fitz is a 61 QBR and Tate 64. Very little difference in that metric. Tua is a 95. So Tate isn't great.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-28-2018, 03:56 PM
Passer rating doesn't fit your statement. Career 146.3 rating, 8.3 yds/pass, and 56.8 comp %.

Idk the differences between passer rating & QBR but last year Tate was 2nd in QBR, Fitz 14, & Bryant 17. Just some more #'s to play with since I know you like those.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2018, 03:59 PM
He's a whole 14 spots higher rated than Fitz. Fitz is a 61 QBR and Tate 64. Very little difference in that metric. Tua is a 95. So Tate isn't great.

I've heard AZ fans say he's not a pocket passer and he needs to be on the move to make things happen. With that said, I will say that Sumlin and Mazone suck ass at developing QBs. Look at how much Mond jumped this year. He'd have better coaching here

msstate7
11-28-2018, 04:01 PM

Tate was a 92 in qbr last season. Even with his struggles this season in sumlin's offense, Tate was better than Mcsorley both seasons...

2017 Qbr... mcsorley 81.5, Tate 92.0, Bryant 77.6, fitz 78.5

2018 qbr... mcsorley 63.1, Tate 64.6, fitz 61.0

Tate's qbr fell bc sumlin turned Tate from 1400 yard rusher into a 200 yard rusher.

preachermatt83
11-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Anybody who wouldn't want Tate on our team is just dumb or trolling.

Cooterpoot
11-28-2018, 04:14 PM
Tate was a 92 in qbr last season. Even with his struggles this season in sumlin's offense, Tate was better than Mcsorley both seasons...

2017 Qbr... mcsorley 81.5, Tate 92.0, Bryant 77.6, fitz 78.5

2018 qbr... mcsorley 63.1, Tate 64.6, fitz 61.0

Tate's qbr fell bc sumlin turned Tate from 1400 yard rusher into a 200 yard rusher.

Last year he had rushing numbers to bump him up. Hell, Fitz was still within 13 spots of him then. The QBR isn't as great a metric to look at as you think. Not in the college game. And everyone of those QBs you mention had new coaches this year. Both Tate and Fitz were in similar offenses last year (power read) and thrived by they QBR rating. This year, they moved away from that and their numbers fell off.
And I'm not saying I wouldn't want Tate if Jo wanted him. Just pointing out the numbers there.

msstate7
11-28-2018, 04:24 PM
Last year he had rushing numbers to bump him up. Hell, Fitz was still within 13 spots of him then. The QBR isn't as great a metric to look at as you think. Not in the college game. And everyone of those QBs you mention had new coaches this year. Both Tate and Fitz were in similar offenses last year (power read) and thrived by they QBR rating. This year, they moved away from that and their numbers fell off.

Ok, let's use passer rating (no rushing factored in)...

2018:
Tate 29th nationally
Mcsorley 86th
Fitz 93rd

2017:
Mcsorley 11th
Tate 14th
Bryant 60th
Fitz 95th

ETA... the only stat (passing or rushing) that Bryant is better than Tate is comp % and that's bc horizontal passes are easier to complete than vertical passes

Cooterpoot
11-28-2018, 04:38 PM
Tate is in a straight passing offense. Tons of bubble screens. He should put up better rating numbers than the two that ran more. Plus, defenses aren't taken into consideration in passer rating like it is in QBR.

msstate7
11-28-2018, 04:41 PM
Tate is in a straight passing offense. Tons of bubble screens. He should put up better rating numbers than the two that ran more. Plus, defenses aren't taken into consideration in passer rating like it is in QBR.

So you didn't like qbr, but now you say it's more accurate. Tate was 19th in yds/pass this year and 10th last season

Cooterpoot
11-28-2018, 04:48 PM
So you didn't like qbr, but now you say it's more accurate. Tate was 19th in yds/pass this year and 10th last season

Where did I say it was more accurate. I said it took defenses into consideration. A screen can go for yards vs weak defenses. He was sacked less than the other two as well. All I'm saying is there's not a lot of difference among those guys. Fitz is the worst of the three. The other two, I'd go with McSorley for what we do. But, like I said, I'm not opposed to Tate coming here. I'm just saying he's not a great passer. None of them are. But the offenses they run and the defenses they play against also matter. And none of those stats tell you what they had around them either. McSorley lost everybody. Fitz had nobody. AZ I have no idea about but I know they had a stud WR. In other words, stats and ratings don't tell you everything you need to know.

msstate7
11-28-2018, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Oklahoma. Murray was a lot like Tate when Murray left aTm. Of course, there won't be as much time to develop Tate as Murray

TUSK
11-28-2018, 04:59 PM
You know you are a real pain in the ass sometimes, but damn if I don't love it when you call people out for making stupid, ill informed posts with no basis in reality. Now I get to watch shotgun act like none of that matters and post a bunch of BS technical breakdowns of Tate's footwork, ball trajectory, arm action, etc. using a bunch of phrases he learned on the internet. Good times.

I'm not sure Tate would fit y'all's scheme.... I think he's deficient throwing the deep out because he lacks consistency in maintaining centrifugal alignment as his flex core uncoils... at least when he's rolling out to the right... indeed, good times.

dawgday166
11-28-2018, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure Tate would fit y'all's scheme.... I think he's deficient throwing the deep out because he lacks consistency in maintaining centrifugal alignment as his flex core uncoils... at least when he's rolling out to the right... indeed, good times.

It seems evident to me that you've been studying up on football passing physics so you can keep up with Shotgun's comments. Give it up dude ... NOBODY will ever know as much about the physics of throwing a football as Shotgun does *******

Token Bammer
11-28-2018, 11:24 PM

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

It seems evident to me that you've been studying up on football passing physics so you can keep up with Shotgun's comments. Give it up dude ... NOBODY will ever know as much about the physics of throwing a football as Shotgun does *******

Haha. Yup.