PDA

View Full Version : Steve Shaw Comments On LSU/A&M Offiating

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2018, 11:49 AM
The incompetent one commented on the officiating in the A&M/LSU game today.

My question is: why the inconsistency of when to comment?

Why did the SEC comment on this game, the Egg Bowl, and the Devin White suspension but not comment on the Bama/MSU game officiating?

In jest, I don't understand the inconsistency.

https://twitter.com/secfootball/status/1067818674487099392?s=21

sleepy dawg
11-28-2018, 11:55 AM
"You have to be 1,000 percent sure before you blow your whistle," Shaw said.... interesting... 1000 f*cking percent he says. So if you're 1000 percent sure of something like the refs must've been in the msu/bama game and are still 100% wrong and everyone in the world can see how wrong you were, wouldn't that mean you terrible at you're job?

TrapGame
11-28-2018, 12:01 PM
“But this crew did not have a horrible or bad game, just some tough plays to deal with.”

No, they made horrible calls all night. And this is par for the course for SEC officiating. They're have been horrible, unnecessary flags all season.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2018, 12:08 PM
I notice he didn't mention the 4th down pass at the end where the receiver caught the ball and went down at least a half a yard short of the line to gain. That play was not reviewed and would've resulted in a turnover on downs giving LSU the win.

LC Dawg
11-28-2018, 12:08 PM

Why did the SEC comment on this game, the Egg Bowl, and the Devin White suspension but not comment on the Bama/MSU game officiating?

Because Bama.

msstate7
11-28-2018, 12:10 PM
I notice he didn't mention the 4th down pass at the end where the receiver caught the ball and went down at least a half a yard short of the line to gain. That play was not reviewed and would've resulted in a turnover on downs giving LSU the win.

Read on another board the imposed line was off 2 yards.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2018, 12:12 PM

Interesting I haven't seen that anywhere. If correct then they did the right thing(one of the few) lol!

TrapGame
11-28-2018, 12:13 PM

Yeah, they got that one right. The yellow line was 2 yards off. But, that bang-bang play to the A&M TE where he coughed the ball up and LSU scooped it up is unforgivable imo.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2018, 12:15 PM
Yeah, they got that one right. The yellow line was 2 yards off. But, that bang-bang play to the A&M TE where he coughed the ball up and LSU scooped it up is unforgivable imo.

Oops, my bad, I just hadn't heard that yet. They got one right. I agree on the non fumble, should've at least took more time to look at it.

msu15
11-28-2018, 12:18 PM
Steve Shaw can eat a dick

redstickdawg
11-28-2018, 01:23 PM

He addressed it but he also changed the definition of a catch in order to do so. He said that it was not a catch because the ball was not tucked away, but it was carried in his hands for at least 2-3 steps and then stripped. If the new definition of a catch is to have the ball tucked under your arm then receivers need to carry in their hands from now on in order to prevent the possibility of a fumble.

Shaw's chickensh1t answer alone should disqualify him as an official much less the head of the most important group of officials in the NCAA.

1bigdawg
11-28-2018, 01:26 PM

I have never heard of the yellow line being off that much before - maybe 6 inches or so, but not 2 yards. Yet, I have read that on this site as if it certainly was. Has anyone checked the recording to verify this fact?

DancingRabbit
11-28-2018, 01:31 PM
I have never heard of the yellow line being off that much before - maybe 6 inches or so, but not 2 yards. Yet, I have read that on this site as if it certainly was. Has anyone checked the recording to verify this fact?

I've read/heard several times that ESPN admitted the yellow line was about 2 yards off.

Coursesuper
11-28-2018, 01:39 PM
There were two calls to look at in that game, first is the pass to 81 I thought that was a fumble. On the PI I thought it was holding, he grabbed him and that drew the flag that said I would have kept my flag in my pocket you just don't make that call there after the way they officiated the rest of the game. But I get it, he grabbed him and that opened the door. The rest of it was just sloppy.

WSOPdawg
11-28-2018, 02:15 PM
"You have to be 1,000 percent sure before you blow your whistle," Shaw said.... interesting... 1000 f*cking percent he says.

So... is that like 10 refs each being 100% sure?

TrapGame
11-28-2018, 02:23 PM
He addressed it but he also changed the definition of a catch in order to do so. He said that it was not a catch because the ball was not tucked away, but it was carried in his hands for at least 2-3 steps and then stripped. If the new definition of a catch is to have the ball tucked under your arm then receivers need to carry in their hands from now on in order to prevent the possibility of a fumble.

Shaw's chickensh1t answer alone should disqualify him as an official much less the head of the most important group of officials in the NCAA.

He caught the ball, turned and made two steps, got whacked on the second step dislodging the ball. Fumble.

So now NCAA, or at least the SEC, has a new tuck rule.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2018, 02:47 PM
The SEC needs new leadership all away around.

MadDawg
11-28-2018, 03:43 PM
"You have to be 1,000 percent sure before you blow your whistle," Shaw said.... interesting... 1000 f*cking percent he says. So if you're 1000 percent sure of something like the refs must've been in the msu/bama game and are still 100% wrong and everyone in the world can see how wrong you were, wouldn't that mean you terrible at you're job?

Doesn't that make him 100,000% wrong?

redstickdawg
11-28-2018, 04:10 PM
He caught the ball, turned and made two steps, got whacked on the second step dislodging the ball. Fumble.

So now NCAA, or at least the SEC, has a new tuck rule.

No, Shaw made up BS rule that will only apply when it benefits bama or tamu apparently. We can't have consistency this is the SEC. Just carry the ball in your hands until you cross the goal and then tuck it under your arm.

Todd4State
11-28-2018, 05:09 PM
This is the first time I can recall him saying anything about officiating publicly ever.

I guess that's a step in the right direction.

TrapGame
11-28-2018, 05:20 PM
This is the first time I can recall him saying anything about officiating publicly ever.

I guess that's a step in the right direction.

(Starts whistling Queen's Under Pressure...)

Ari Gold
11-28-2018, 05:21 PM
The entire sec officiating committee and officlas themselves need to be blown up and start over.
There are some quality officials in this league.. indenetify those and keep them And there are definitely some that need to be let go .
The good ole boy system needs to be laid to rest as well...

Coursesuper
11-28-2018, 05:24 PM
The entire sec officiating committee and officlas themselves need to be blown up and start over.
There are some quality officials in this league.. indenetify those and keep them And there are definitely some that need to be let go .
The good ole boy system needs to be laid to rest as well...

The good ole boy system is the system, that is where the disconnect is.

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2018, 06:16 PM

Because they knew exactly what they were doing when we played in Tuscaloosa that day and it will remain that way till Jesus comes back.

There is no conspiracy. It is a well known and well executed plan to protect them when they are in any danger of losing, it was bad for business for us to beat Bama

Goldendawg
11-28-2018, 07:16 PM
I saw a screenshot, maybe on a thread from SPS, that showed aTm was in an illegal formation when they clocked the ball to have one second left for a play. Appeared there should have been a flag and game over. SEC officials and Shaw are an embarrassment to the SEC and to other sports fans nationwide. "Good ole Boy Network" that should be rebuilt asap!